what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked to the park to see what was blooming. Not much yet, some crocuses is all.

Ha

Wed - Called for free replacement part for dripping shower/tub. Sold just enough TE muni MF shares to pay for airline tickets and balance due for summer cruise.
Got out and picked up doggie's Rx for epilepsy and shopped at dollar store. Bought some seeds for onions, lettuce, radishes. :)
Lunch -chinese buffet with the usual group. New item was very fresh green pea pods, lightly sauteed in a garlic sauce. Hung out and talked to my "adopted brother" for 3 hours. :)
Today - "scheduled" total goof off day. :clap:
Researched pet insurance online - what a rip-off that whole deal is. :mad:
Plan to start reading Hebeler's retirement book.

Early workout, sauna, shower, Went for breakfest, charmed the waitresses ( gets good results, tips are not always enough;)) Fidlle on this board. Soon as it gets above 40 F, (now 25) I'll be outside.

Edit add:
This afternoon decided that there will be no more significant snow before spring time. Removed snow tires from the Jag, put on high traction summer shoes. Next few days weather guessers estimate sixties.

Last edited:
Plan to start reading Hebeler's retirement book.
Excellent book. I reviewed it on here a few years back. His ideas were disdained. I would expect that they might get much more respect now. :)

Ha

Excellent book. I reviewed it on here a few years back. His ideas were disdained. I would expect that they might get much more respect now. :)

Ha
"Getting Started in a Financially Secure Retirement" is the title.
The 2007 copyright date tells me I am in for some very interesting reading, in terms of what happened in 2008 and to present.
I didn't get started on it yet. I have to have the right mindset to start a book, because I tend to read it cover to cover in one long session. As in devour. Maybe tomorrow...:rolleyes:
I like the sound of "disdained ideas". If I had a dollar for every local person who said I was nutz for my FIRE in spring 2007 and adopting a conservative stance that summer...:nonono:

Today I am hanging out with my Mom and sister and we are gong to the Philadelphia Flower Show. I have got to get my pre-spring fix. After that we are going out for Italian food.

Last night my husband and I went to the Philly Orchestra and endured one of the worse concert we have heard in years. The musicians were fine as always. Both pieces of music sucked. Ya can't win them all.

Walked to the park to see what was blooming. Not much yet, some crocuses is all.

Ha

This was the lone bloom in a neighbor's yard.

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Listened to the chachalacas in the Rio Grande Valley. Biked. Birded. Sweated. Swam.

Martha, I envy you the swim!

Today I went to Target, thinking that I wanted to buy some lightweight black gauchos. Score! $15! Target is a fine store. Please go there and buy stuff. :)

Called my handyman to fix the bathroom fan. Not broken, just stuck. Fifteen minutes -- $25! :( But handyman was happy.

Collaborated with my realtor on marketing strategies. Another comparable condo in my neighborhood just came back on the market with a 15K reduction. Bummer! Reduced my price by 6K. Added more pics to the listing. We'll see.

Bought a nice Argentina Malbac for my son's birthday party on Sunday and an extra bottle just because. $25. Yum!

Tightening my belt-literally

I think as a man gets older if he is very thin and not really well dressed people must assume that he is having trouble getting enough food. I went into McDonalds and ordered a McDouble from the Dollar Menu.
THE young woman at the register saked me, "Are you sure? They aren't one dollar here." Oh, how much are they?"

""$1.39." "OK, I think I will have one anyway."

A little later I was down in the ID (Chinatown) and a guy came up to me and complained that since the recession started he can't find any butts to smoke. The OS (original smoker) is smoking the cigs too far down.

Things getting tougher than tough, things getting rougher than rough...

I was hungry again so I went into Japanese market Uwajimaya and bought some sashimi grade Manguro tuna and sat on a bench in the sun and ate it with my pocket knife.

I am a happy dude this afternoon, and I think it might get better as I have female companionship lined up for later.

Ha

I drove to the gym this morning but could not work up the energy to go in so I drove home . I decided to change my attitude about investments since they were making me crazy and I avoided all financial news . We went out for seafood . I had a great shrimp pasta and then we stopped at this bar out of the 1950's . It looked like it belonged in Disney World Polynesian Village . All in all an okay day !

Took the day off from work today. Went out to our cottage on the lake (with my dog) to check things out (just a short drive). Still over a foot of snow on the ground, but it's melting fast now with the warmer weather. The the place looks fine. Did some measurements for some shelves I want to put up out there before the spring. Took a hike around with the dog and checked all the other places out (only 2 families live out there year round). Can't wait for the snow and ice to melt so we can get out there for the spring/summer.

Came back home and made a lunch to take to my wife (she's working today). Came back home, took another walk with the dog, and then cooked dinner (steaks on the grill, potato, big salad). Checked e-mail and the forum, and listening to some music now. Good day. Can't wait to retire (about 10 months to go), so I can have a lot of days like this.

dh2b watched Long John Silver's and Red Lobster commercials all week and couldn't stand it anymore.
The nearest LJS is 25 miles away. The nearest RL is 30 miles away. When I say I live in the boondocks, I'm not kidding.
We had lunch at LJS today. All is well.:LOL:
He suggested RL tomorrow, emphasizing it was HIS TREAT.
I suggested we go to the local grocery store and buy 2 Maine lobster tails and jumbo shrimp instead for 1/3 the cost. Guess who won? :cool:

Four mile long walk today, started out in the rain and snow, but cleared up at the half-way point. Lunch with the walking group at a local pasteria. Fun group!

I suggested we go to the local grocery store and buy 2 Maine lobster tails and jumbo shrimp instead for 1/3 the cost. Guess who won? :cool:
He did, of course.

To the contrary: He'll get to a have a nice dinner and.. in your company.

Uninterrupted by Hi I'm Joe and will be your waiter today. Now I'd like to tell you about our specials. All this potential joy in the company of you closest 100 strangers.

I mentioned the new singer in our group. We had two gigs last week, and she did a fantastic job. Here are photos:

img_792741_0_f76d70082b880d615d2f7e7a0c6bfa8d.jpg

img_792741_1_f01b2ecf88291e09b493f3bb180ceb2e.jpg

Looking real good, any chance of sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom