what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I be part of her entourage?

img_792788_0_363573174b5e3e94e3a8193623bdc79f.gif

Today was a very warm day. Eighty degrees. Took the mutt on a 3 mile walk and did some yard work at my mother's house. Just sipping on a med at the moment.:)

Yesterday, the pup and I went on our typical early morning walk/run, had a quick breakfast, and then took the skiff out for a couple of hours. It is a little early in the season for me to fish much but the weather was just too nice (sunny and near 80 degrees) -- did not catch any largemouth or spotted bass (my usual target) but hooked a nice 10.5 lb striped bass which took about 15 minutes to land since I was using light gear.

Then home for some yard work and built a fire ring/pit adjacent to my seawall using rocks collected from the lake. Later in the day, I read a book down on the pier while drinking a Pete's Wicked Ale (or two). Coal got to swim and chase his tennis ball much of the afternoon so he was a happy lab. A nice relaxing day...

Yesterday, the pup and I went on our typical early morning walk/run, had a quick breakfast, and then took the skiff out for a couple of hours. It is a little early in the season for me to fish much but the weather was just too nice (sunny and near 80 degrees) -- did not catch any largemouth or spotted bass (my usual target) but hooked a nice 10.5 lb striped bass which took about 15 minutes to land since I was using light gear.

Then home for some yard work and built a fire ring/pit adjacent to my seawall using rocks collected from the lake. Later in the day, I read a book down on the pier while drinking a Pete's Wicked Ale (or two). Coal got to swim and chase his tennis ball much of the afternoon so he was a happy lab. A nice relaxing day...

The good life........:)

Bought a used Fender stratocaster to practice some old 50s Chuck Berry stuff. Got it cheap enough that I can resell it at a profit[-] if[/-] when I find that I suck at it and that the duck walk hurts my back.

Garden planning - I can finally grow grapes ! I ordered 3 seedless table grape varieties (Reliance, Marquis, Mars) recently developed for cold region gardens. Researching homemade trellis design and reading up on grape pruning techniques.
Invested: $27.
ROI: It will be 2-3 years before I get a crop.
The fun of tending my grapevines in straw hat and cotton housedress, just like they do in "the old country": Priceless.

Pretty sunny day here in Mississippi. But a cloudy day ahead of me. Going to a funeral this afternoon. A guy I worked with died over the weekend. Someone I really admired and looked up to. We had coffee breaks everyday at work and he was always full of good stories. He worked until the age of 65, but his health took a nose dive shortly thereafter. He had a mild heart attack and then had to battle cancer. Radiation treatments really did a number on him. I visited him several times after he retired and he was always positive. But a shame he couldn't have had a few good healthy retirement years.

Oh well, time to go walk the mutt. She has a way of perking me up.

img_793792_0_fc71bfb4173e0adbd346015db0335240.jpg

Had good workout this morning, then as usual a sauna, shower. Off to the next town to pick up stuff at Tractor Supply. On the way stopped at the Coffee Bean coffee house. Ordered a cup of coffee.

They were shocked. You mean a regular cup of coffee. Yes I said, not decaf either.

Some consultation with managers ensued. They could not get past customer wanting coffee when all those special flavors are on the display board. I said it does say coffee house on your sign right?

Finally a decision was made, make a pot of regular coffee. 10 minutes and a buck fifty later I got my cup of coffee. Not bad either.

I might go back there again, see what happens.

Been putting off taxes 'cause I hate it, hate it HATE IT! Finally got all my stuff copied and shoved originals into envelope. Took to PO and mailed to my accountant. Load off my mind. Celebrated by treating myself to Senior Day at Goodwill and Starvation Army. Whopper and fries at BK. Doesn't get much better than this. Oh, and the mountains are back. Yesterday was driving home and seemed something was wrong. Actually took me 10 seconds to figure out that the mountains were completely obscured by clouds and rain squall. Never saw that before.

Got a long PM nap and then hit the Forum. Life is good.

Took the car in for oil change.

Saw hawks courting, heard doves cooing, crocus and daffodils will bloom tomorrow.

Played nine holes at El Conquistador golf course in the caribbean overlooking offshore islands, FIRE doesn't get better than this.

Got up, goofed off online.
Got a tooth fixed, had to skip weekly chinese buffet (numb face). :(
Got home, goofed off online.
Made leftover homemade chicken noodle for dinner, ice cream and homemade PB cookies for dessert.
Life is horrible, eh? :cool:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Dawg54. It does seem like such a shame when people do not get to enjoy a long retirement. Hope you had a better day today.

Played Groundhog Day (referring to the movie) today...minus the dentist ;)
Got up, goofed off online.
Made pork and pineapple, cooked slowly in the last :( of the mango/pineapple marinade bought when I was in Hawaii in 2007.
Goofing off online.
Spring cannot come soon enough for this girl. :whistle:

Crocuses and daffodils.
Grackles and red-winged blackbirds.
Singing by cardinals chickadees doves bluejays.

Finally ^&* spring.

Played golf today and almost froze my a$$ off. Just yesterday played in shorts, today had long johns on under my jeans. They felt good too. Rain the next few days so will get started on taxes.:(

Time for a glass of wine. Sometimes known as a med. :)

Went for a long motorcycle ride, the odometer turned over the first thousand miles. It was one of those "follow your nose" type rides, not paying much attention to where I was going and ended up in Mechanicsburg, PA. Good thing I had put the GPS in a jacket pocket as I had no idea of the best route home. That saved me from the humiliation of having to stop and ask for directions.

Filled the gas tank, cost was $5.47. I'm really starting to like this bike!

Went back home, nuked a potato and added butter, chopped cheddar cheese, bacon bits and cream cheese.

Just puttering around in the shop

Got my latest project finished this morning. About six weeks of effort and a pile of walnut and maple (218 pieces of wood to be exact). Even hand made some of the solid brass hardware.

Off to buy some new tools now. :LOL:

Actually it's for a collection of old drafting instruments. Might even stash a few old pocket knives in there if I can find an empty drawer. :ROFLMAO:

Still need to add one more part, care to guess which one? Need a hint? It's something very traditional in a machinist toolchest made by H Gerstner and Sons. They left this part out on some models in the past and customers were irate. :rant:

Attachments

• toolchest02.jpg
    toolchest02.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P0005039.jpg
    P0005039.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 6
  • toolchest07.jpg
    toolchest07.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9
Got my latest project finished this morning. About six weeks of effort and a pile of walnut and maple (218 pieces of wood to be exact). Even hand made some of the solid brass hardware.

We need a "Wow!" smilie, the :clap:doesn't quite reach.

Wow - I just read through pages of this thread, and it is very inspiring! Actually reading it is mentally relaxing, if that makes sense.

Had good workout this morning, then as usual a sauna, shower. Off to the next town to pick up stuff at Tractor Supply. On the way stopped at the Coffee Bean coffee house. Ordered a cup of coffee.

They were shocked. You mean a regular cup of coffee. Yes I said, not decaf either.

Some consultation with managers ensued. They could not get past customer wanting coffee when all those special flavors are on the display board. I said it does say coffee house on your sign right?

Finally a decision was made, make a pot of regular coffee. 10 minutes and a buck fifty later I got my cup of coffee. Not bad either.

I might go back there again, see what happens.

I do that ALL the time at coffee houses, drives them nuts. A large Mickey D's coffee is $1.46 with tax around here, so I figure that $1.69 for a much higher grade cup of coffee is a better deal.......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom