what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another crappy day today. Rain and more rain. Might be able to play golf again by Wednesday. But it will be soggy and cart path only. Crap, forced exercise. :( So bored I'm gonna have lunch with one of my old work buddies today. Haircut after that. Probably start a new book this afternoon. I usually only do that during the winter. :p

Dawg, this early retirement thing doesn't seem to be working out very well for you. First the down market has you in a funk, now you're complaining of being bored. Sounds to me like you need to go back to work... :)

Dawg, this early retirement thing doesn't seem to be working out very well for you. First the down market has you in a funk, now you're complaining of being bored. Sounds to me like you need to go back to work... :)

I am today, to pick up my buddy for lunch. He's buying.:)

It's funny how different people react to early retirement. A good buddy of mine retired almost 9 years ago. He and I had camped, hunted and fished together for 25 years. As soon as I would say, "Hey, want to do this?" he would be ready to go. Never did he show the initiative to speak first.

Since retirement, and he was in his early 50's we he pulled the plug, he has not gotten far from the TV or the computer. Without someone to kick start him, he just is not going to move.

I on the other hand cannot seem to sit still or find the time to cram in all the things I want to do.

I am today, to pick up my buddy for lunch. He's buying.:)

Always good to have lunch with one of your old work buddies. A good reminder why I retired. One of the reasons I retired was because my old partners enjoyed spending so much money. In the 18 months since I retired, management has increased the company's debt by 3x. Pretty much maxing out their credit line. I'm sure one of the banks they do business with will hike it again, but I know for a fact their main lender will not. Spend spend spend.

I'm sure glad I have my money out of there. Now I can watch my money tank in stock market.:-\

In case anyone is wondering we've been in Colorado for the last few days...

Gosh, if only the Colorado Front Range was mashed up against the Cascades! It sure would have saved a lot of driving! It just takes so long to cross Nevada, Utah and Wyoming!

Yesterday:
Sunday morning drive up the spectacular Big Thompson River Canyon.
Nice big Sunday brunch in Estes Park.
Then hiking several spots in Rocky Mountain National Park- all above 8000 feet.
Checked out some Estes Park RV parks for future reference - seems like a good area to spend a month in.
Stopped by a brewpub on the way back.
Descent down Big Thompson River Canyon - gosh maybe even more spectacular than the ascent!

Audrey

Yep, blown out straight and necked to 25 cal.

Do you fire form them before sizing in a die? I used to reload when I shot a lot. I always wanted to do some offbeat thing like the 30-06 Ackley but discovered that I was more interested in hunting and shooting than cartidge wildcatting. Is this your invention or an established round?

Ha

Today was a great day.....I resigned from corporate america!
I have a job as an office manager at the spa where I will be studying massage therapy!
Life is awesome!
I also cried tears of gratitude when I walked out to my car this evening.

Do you fire form them before sizing in a die? I used to reload when I shot a lot. I always wanted to do some offbeat thing like the 30-06 Ackley but discovered that I was more interested in hunting and shooting than cartidge wildcatting. Is this your invention or an established round?

Ha

I got my new .450 #2 Nitro Express Double Rifle back from the gunsmith recently....

I have a job as an office manager at the spa where I will be studying massage therapy!
Life is awesome!

Awesome, Citrine--I am so happy this is working out for you! Your life is rockin' right now, it is great you are in such a good place! :D Yay!
How's the guy? nosey parker wants to know...:D

Another crappy day today. Rain and more rain. Might be able to play golf again by Wednesday. But it will be soggy and cart path only. Crap, forced exercise. :( So bored I'm gonna have lunch with one of my old work buddies today. Haircut after that. Probably start a new book this afternoon. I usually only do that during the winter. :p

Sounds like pure bliss compared to my crappy day at w*rk. Three more days and I'll join you complaining about the weather, boredom [don't think so]; yeah, ok, lunch with w*rk buddy could bring down the mood. I need a haircut, don't have time, what with w*rk w*rk.... I feel like I'm being held after school.

What did I do on Thursday August 28

I got up at 11:30 am, since was up last night until 1 am on the internet
Today going to make some copies at Kinko and go eat someplace.:)

Worked 1/2 day in corporate.
Worked 6 hours at new job (training).
Broke up with the guy.....he is just not ready for a real relationship.....I am very relieved......so much better being single :)

Tuesday - Wednesday worked on FIL's house, still getting it ready to sell. Finished painting the accessible cinder block walls in the basement with two coats of waterproofing paint to reduce humidity intrusion followed by two coats of color. Thought we were done for a bit.... ha.

Noticed a slight water drip on the basement floor. Traced that to the hallway bathroom, toilet has been leaking for years and rotted the floor under it. Took out the 30-year-old toilet, vanity, medicine cabinet, stripped the wallpaper, patched all the nail holes, waiting now for the guy to come replace the rotted section of floor and the floor guys to put down the new vinyl floor covering. Then we'll repaint (well, I will since there's only room for one person to work in there) and plumber will install new commode and vanity. It was on the "to-do" list anyway....

Only things left are painting the master bedroom and stripping wallpaper from the kitchen and paint that. Then we're done and out of money so he'll have to sell it. I hope.

Thursday back to work at the new job. Thinking about a Suzuki Boulevard motorcycle or something similar.

Told DW "If I ever get like FIL just shoot me." Probably not the most tactful thing to say.

Worked 1/2 day in corporate.
Worked 6 hours at new job (training).
Broke up with the guy.....he is just not ready for a real relationship.....I am very relieved......so much better being single :)

Thanks for the update, Citrine, nosey old married people like to live vicariously through such stories. :D I'm glad you like the new job and that you knew what you wanted (not this guy) in the relationship. I just had a friend split with her boyfriend after waiting 9 years (!) for him to decide he really didn't want to get married and have kids, like she did. :rolleyes: Keep us posted!

Snoozed the alarm from 5:15 a.m. to 5:45 a.m. (I have a problem with that)

Got ready and went to my 7 a.m. Toastmaster's meeting. Won first prize in Table Topics. (I was shocked, this was only my second time speaking, and I am petrified of public speaking.)

Came home and caught a quick breakfast before going into work at 9 a.m.

Worked from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This included supervisory treatment visits in the morning and a new evaluation (hip fracture) in the afternoon. (I'm a physical therapist.)

Came home, surfed the net a little, and dropped off into a nap from 4:15 to 4:45.

DH arrived home, and we cooked dinner. Green curry chicken, made with thai basil from our very own plant we planted a few months ago.

Currently - surfing the net again and watching the travel channel. They are showing this really, really cool camp/hotel in Oregon which actually are treehouses you can stay in. You can also zip line. Gotta try this place out someday!

Plan to work on our 1500 jigsaw puzzle tonight whilst drinking a few more brews. Ah, the joys of a Friday night before a long weekend!

Took Gabe for his fifth day of preschool. He's getting the hang of it. This was the first time he didnt cling to me like I was the last life preserver on the titanic. I think thats because one of the teachers has gotten sweet on him and the feeling is mutual.

They cut out lots of little pieces of paper and glued them together to make an alligator. Mom and I each got our own drawings too. And he's up to counting to 25 and knows the entire alphabet.

Took the dogs to the big nasty muddy lake for a couple of miles of swimming and wallowing while he was being educated, back home for a de-mucking in the shower. Does me no good to take them to the nice lake as they just look morose and give me the "no mud?" dog faces.

After he got out of jail, Gabe and I had lunch at the Hawaiian BBQ joint near his school, took a nap, then went to the nice lake. Where Gabe complained about the lack of mud but made up for it by throwing 30 metric tons of rocks into the water and braving the waves up to his waist before running back to the beach shrieking. A year old great dane puppy came by to bowl him over a couple of times and have a ball thrown 3 dozen times.

Dinner of ratatouille made up from goodies I got from our farm share. And can you believe the little fink drank the ENTIRE glass of milk, even after I told him not to do it because I wanted some ;)

We're now watching a scooby doo movie. Gabe discovered scooby doo a couple of days ago and its apparently the greatest show ever for a 3 year old. Funny looking kids, a talking dog, scary monsters that always turn out to be a guy in a suit that gets caught by the kids and/or the dog, and a policeman that always shows up on time to haul off the bad guy at the end.

I'm thinking the scooby doo kids must be er'd or at least FI, since they appear to have no obvious jobs and plenty of gas money for the mystery mobile...and no end of scooby snacks.

After having watched the show as a kid and now again as an adult, I'm quite certain that shaggy is a stoner, and I have some serious questions about the other guy with the ascot.

Life is awesome!

Congrats! I know the feeling, I've been walking around this week with the "Ode to Joy" in my head. Should be more fun to spend your time with clients who are temporary escapees from the corporate world than it was to be one.

Pretty simple day. Got up, made some coffee, fed the mutt. Enjoyed my coffee while surfing the net and then headed to the golf course. Finished my round of golf around 2:00pm(won my bets.. heh heh) and headed to the dollar store to pick up a few things in case Gustav decides to come up my way. Everything I wanted already picked over so I head home chapped. Oh well, got plenty of beer so have all I need to hunker down. Make it home, have lunch and take a nap. Around 5:00pm I go pick up my mutt from my Mother's house, visit for awhile then take the mutt for a walk. Come home, surf the net and then have dinner. Watch a little TV, surf the net some more, take a shower and here I am. Plan to watch a little tv and then hit the sack.

A very basic day with no frills, but never did you see the word "work" describe any moment of my day. Life is good.:)

ha, I ran the 30/40 brass through a 7mm die and then a 6.5 die to reduce the necks. Then it was Unique, toilet paper, corn meal and more toilet paper. I touched off 50 in the garage to fire form, and the cops never showed up. I needed ear muffs, so the neighbors must have heard, but they are used to crazy stuff going on around here.

Sorry it took so long to answer, I went walkabout for a few days. P.O. Ackley cooked this one up, but it has not been used much since the days when single shot actions were popular. I had to have the reamer made.

I find I learn a lot doing projects like this, and I enjoy learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom