Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #10461
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thanks DangerMouse and simple girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
That's great news. My bass player is going through the same stuff as yours.

The better news is this: now you know first-hand that you can expect to get some spurious high readings, so next time hopefully it will be less stressful if he gets a 4 or more.
Thanks Al...

When the 4.3 result came in, I scoured the internet for information. (I probably should not have done so, but I couldn't help myself). I found very little information on a rising PSA after IMRT. What I did find was vague. 'Bounces' were mentioned, but it seemed the bounces were usually small...no where near the increase DH experienced.

The constant was the seriousness of 'doubling time' of less than one year after treatment.

According to the articles/forums, in most cases, if a PSA went up three consecutive times or the PSA doubled after treatment...the treatment failed and the patient would require more therapy.

Time will tell. ...and yes, if this happens again we'll have more hope that everything is ok.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #10462
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Called a moving company about moving a heavy piece of furniture from upstairs to downstairs. I'm sure this has never happened to other guys but DW changed her mind.
Changing her mind before you moved it? Unprecedented!

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #10463
Full time employment: Posting here.

I dug post holes today. More of the same tomorrow. Oh Joy..
Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #10464
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Laundry on the line.
Made large batches of soup and salad.

Eagerly awaiting new dishwasher (Tuesday) and broadband upgrade (Wednesday).
Old 06-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #10465
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Laundry on the line.
Made large batches of soup and salad.

Eagerly awaiting new dishwasher (Tuesday) and broadband upgrade (Wednesday).
That's great, Khan! Sounds like you accomplished a lot today, and I hope both the dishwasher and broadband add to your quality of life.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #10466
Recycles dryer sheets

My son and I worked on kitchen demolition. New cabinets and counter being installed this week.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #10467
Moderator Emeritus

Pitchforking paper off my computer desk... not very successfully, either.

Loaded up on raw meat for Monday's BBQ. This time we decided to do the cooking around lunchtime and sample some of it before Monday-night taekwondo.

But the real purpose of the Monday BBQ is to have a full freezer ready for our college daughter's short week here starting Tuesday. Because after she gets off the plane it's going to be surfing, local cuisine, more taekwondo, and catching up on summer movies!

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #10468
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Kayaked this am past the remains of "Annie the Dragon". . There is a movement to try to rebuild her. The first time we passed her on the Eau Gallie causeway back in 2000 we had to look twice.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #10469

The usual routine meals, newspaper, exercise, surfing net and something additional - went to the movies to watch Snow White and the Huntsman. Loved it. This is how movies based on faerie tales should be like.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #10470
Give me a forum ...

I'm sitting here surfing to kill time until I have to call in for jury duty reporting instructions. I received a summons and called in on Friday 6/1 as required. My juror number is 176, the last number of the 2nd grouping (125-176).
I was not called in for this morning, but have to call at 11:15 AM today to see if I have to report this afternoon.

I had a 2 day trip planned for up north, and now have to put that on hold.
FIREd Freebirds do not like being on call for anyone.

End of rant.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #10471
Give me a forum ...

I did a 24-hour Internet fast yesterday. Didn't even allow myself to check the weather forecast, or find out whether that actress in the movie Splice

was the same person who is married to George Stephanopolous.

(It was not.)
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #10472
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I work at a summer outdoor concert venue (Blossom Music Center Blossom Music Center - Event Venue, Concert Venue - Cuyahoga Falls, OH | Facebook) and last night was the Dave Matthews Band. Usually I'm an usher in the venue pavilion but last night I was lucky enough to be assigned to the wristband booth near the ticket office. I checked tickets for the pit and attached wristbands. It was a gorgeous evening and most of the guests were sober when I saw them. People were happy to hear about this year's $4 draft beer promo, so I got a lot of positive feedback.

We were done after the band came on stage, so we clocked out and then stayed a while to listen to the concert. I left before it was over, beat the usual traffic hassles and made it home in time for Mad Men at 10pm.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #10473
Give me a forum ...

Recently DH power washed the fence. It was about two years overdue for some TLC. Since he is gone on his motorcycle trip out West, I'm staining the fence. I always like to have a project when he is out of town. Boy howdy, this is one heck of a project. I'm a sweaty, dirty girl.

This pic was taken a few days ago. I should have the inside of the fence completely stained by tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03188.jpg (683.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #10474
Moderator Emeritus

Cooking BBQ this afternoon; everything's marinating right now.

I need to go pick another five-gallon bucket of lychee before the tree falls over. I'm already getting tired of them but our daughter should be able to eat about half her weight of them this week.

Hawaii is all aflutter over Tuesday's transit of Venus across the sun, so I dug out our eclipse glasses from 1991. Why, yes. I did save them for over 20 years. Are they giving them away for free anymore?
http://www.bishopmuseum.org/planetarium/venus.html
http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/transit/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Recently DH power washed the fence. It was about two years overdue for some TLC. Since he is gone on his motorcycle trip out West, I'm staining the fence. I always like to have a project when he is out of town. Boy howdy, this is one heck of a project. I'm a sweaty, dirty girl.
This pic was taken a few days ago. I should have the inside of the fence completely stained by tomorrow.
This reads like an ad for a PVC fence...

Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #10475
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
This reads like an ad for a PVC fence...
Now there's an idea....

Eating bon bons day after day can become so blase'. I have to throw a little labor in the mix to keep it interesting don't ya know..
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #10476

" Upgraded my desktop PC from 2GB to 4GB of RAM. (Long overdue.) Now I'm hoping to get rid of two 1GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM chips on Craiglslist, although they may be worthless. "

Hey Doug,

I can possibly use those two memory sticks for an elderly church friend, if they're cheap enough. Can you PM me and we can figure out how to complete the transaction? Thanks!!

Coolius
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #10477
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolius View Post
" Upgraded my desktop PC from 2GB to 4GB of RAM. (Long overdue.) Now I'm hoping to get rid of two 1GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM chips on Craiglslist, although they may be worthless. "
Hey Doug,
I can possibly use those two memory sticks for an elderly church friend, if they're cheap enough. Can you PM me and we can figure out how to complete the transaction? Thanks!!
Coolius
Check your PMs!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #10478
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm a sweaty, dirty girl.
I'm not taking the bait.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #10479
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
I'm not taking the bait.
Not even a nibble....
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #10480
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Not even a nibble....
Slippery slope