what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recall a song by Iglesias, "Un jour tu ris, un jour tu pleures" ("One day you laugh, one day you cry"). However, it has nothing to do with the stock market so I will not post it here.

I just signed up for another year of SiriusXM. My subscription for the first free year on my Jeep ran out in January. I've been getting flyers about once a week since. I really don't like the requirement to let them renew on your credit card at full price next year, but the idea of driving all the way from Virginia to Colorado and poor radio reception (and no cell phone) in the mountains twisted my arm. They have a year for $89 which sounds pretty good, but when you do the charge, suddenly they tack on an "artist fee" of some kind for $11 and over $5 in taxes. :nonono: Now all I have to do is figure out some better way to have music before this subscription runs out so I can cancel it.

...They have a year for $89 which sounds pretty good, but when you do the charge, suddenly they tack on an "artist fee" of some kind for $11 and over $5 in taxes. :nonono: Now all I have to do is figure out some better way to have music before this subscription runs out so I can cancel it.

I don't buy a lot of music these days, but I suspect that you can buy a lot for $105.

Now all I have to do is figure out some better way to have music before this subscription runs out so I can cancel it.

Why not buy a cheap Ipod or other MP3 player and load it up with tunes? Then just plug it into the aux port on the radio.. I have a SD card with about 2,000 tunes on it that fits into an SD slot in the car radio. There are a lot of options besides XM.

Why not buy a cheap Ipod or other MP3 player and load it up with tunes? Then just plug it into the aux port on the radio.. I have a SD card with about 2,000 tunes on it that fits into an SD slot in the car radio. There are a lot of options besides XM.
I was think along those lines. All I need to do is spend less time on this forum so I can get it done! :LOL:

Then again, it nice to get the Bronco games loud and clear.

When I canceled XM they offered 50% off during the call. Couple weeks later they called again offering still more off. I didn't take it as we only put a couple of thousand miles on DW vehicle a year. I think I'm going to cancel mine, see what they offer.

Went to the gym with DW, she takes longer because she is also in physical therapy in the same building for a shoulder issue.

Stopped at Lowes on the way back and got salt for the water softener, topsoil to fill in some low spots, some bigger CFL bulbs for the garage, and furnace air filters. Filled in said low spots. Hauled the six bags salt to the basement. That was the 2nd workout today.

Spanish rice & chicken for lunch.

Cleaned the sensor on the camera, ordered more sensor swabs.

I'm taking tomorrow off.

Went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. We really like Wes Anderson's movies and think it might be his best.

Soon I will make something called a Gin Gin Mule cocktail (step one of working my way through an online cocktail recipe book, sort of a Julie/Julia project, one a week) to sip on during Shark Tank tonight. DH will have it without the gin.

Bought a used Vstrom DL650 and got back on the bike after a short four month hiatus. Wife is not happy.

00W0W_cAKaIUs9k5b_600x450.jpg

That's because the back seat looks like an afterthought. You need to get her one where she can ride in style!:dance:

DW loved the back seat on a Gold Wing. Big roomy chair, cup holders, speakers for the stereo, etc. She didn't like it enough to actually buy one though. Dangnabit.

Went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. We really like Wes Anderson's movies and think it might be his best.
Enjoyed the film and share your view on WA, who just keeps getting better. Hope it continues.

Went to the gym with DW, she takes longer because she is also in physical therapy in the same building for a shoulder issue.

Stopped at Lowes on the way back and got salt for the water softener, topsoil to fill in some low spots, some bigger CFL bulbs for the garage, and furnace air filters. Filled in said low spots. Hauled the six bags salt to the basement. That was the 2nd workout today.

Spanish rice & chicken for lunch.

Cleaned the sensor on the camera, ordered more sensor swabs.

I'm taking tomorrow off.

That's W$&k!

Bought $120 worth of lumber for a new project.

Picked up my new Rigid 18 mm brad gun.

Ordered a Grip Rite 2 HP air compressor for portability as I can't haul my big one around.

Went to the dump.

Went to Sam's

Went home to unload all this stuff.

Bought $120 worth of lumber for a new project.

Picked up my new Rigid 18 mm brad gun.

Ordered a Grip Rite 2 HP air compressor for portability as I can't haul my big one around.

Went to the dump.

Went to Sam's

Went home to unload all this stuff.
That's what I call quality stuff! :)

Went on a 6-mile hike in flowery meadows.

13810510013_eff6ccfbd8_c.jpg

Ate lunch on the trail, at a spot overlooking Palo Alto and the San Francisco Bay. Managed to avoid heavy baseball game traffic on the way back. Ordered a new sleeping bag while sipping on a cold IPA.

Last edited:
Played with the camera, macro lens and extension tubes but got nothing worthy of note. Still learning and there isn't much vegetation/insects yet anyway. DW is on a spring cleaning rampage and usually doesn't want me helping - says I get in the way unless it involves heavy lifting.

She did have a bug to go out to lunch (she had a coupon from somewhere and wanted to use it) so we did that.

Went for an hour and a half motorcycle ride.

We went for an hour hike today - nothing much to photograph though some flowers were coming out. Getting the urge to upgrade my ten year old camera, but haven't hot around to convincing myself it's necessary - and I have a liberal view of 'necessary' lol.

Starting to plan for a long excursion to Maine. We've been home for month for necessary obligations, but that's too long. Time to hit he road again.

Went on a 6-mile hike in flowery meadows.

13810510013_eff6ccfbd8_c.jpg

Ate lunch on the trail, at a spot overlooking Palo Alto and the San Francisco Bay. Managed to avoid heavy baseball game traffic on the way back. Ordered a new sleeping bag while sipping on a cold IPA.

Better hiking area than we had today.

Cut up three sheets of plywood into various parts for my projects. Assembly is next week when some hardware shows up via UPS. ;)

Drove two hours to drop off some belongings to our son - just moved to a new, bigger place. Had lunch and drove back.

Cut the grass for the first time this season. It was warm enough to wear just a t-shirt. Well, I wore jeans and shoes too, lest anyone conjure up any images.

Woke up to another two inches of snow; this is getting really old. It has since melted but we have another 30% chance for snow on Wednesday.

Took an introductory class in fly fishing.

I had done a little of it back in college, but that was so long ago I have to consider myself an absolute beginner. I've decided this will be a great retirement hobby, since I was an avid (salt water) fisherman when I was young, and there are plenty of trout streams available to me now.

Class was only 2.5 hours, but touched on most of the basics and gave us some good instruction in casting. Combined with all the online reading I've done lately, I feel a lot more confident.

The coolest part is that DW thought it sounded like fun, so she went with me and enjoyed it as much as I did!

Next steps are to join a fly fishing club and start spending some time on (in) the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom