what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• railroad map on barnwood frame.jpg
    railroad map on barnwood frame.jpg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 32
Drove DW downtown for lunch in her Wrangler. As we parked it lost reverse. She really didn't believe that reverse is a nice to have gear but not really needed, more so in a wrangler than many vehicles. Anyway the thing has a life time drive train warranty so no cost.

Found a new money leak too. One dog just loves paper, this morning $40.00 is laying next to my pants, he picked my pocket. Little guy has expensive tastes.

🐑

Drove DW downtown for lunch in her Wrangler. As we parked it lost reverse. She really didn't believe that reverse is a nice to have gear but not really needed, more so in a wrangler than many vehicles. Anyway the thing has a life time drive train warranty so no cost.

Found a new money leak too. One dog just loves paper, this morning $40.00 is laying next to my pants, he picked my pocket. Little guy has expensive tastes.

��

Hope the dog didn't chew up the bills! Our dog likes silk...and has somehow gotten a few of my ties and turned them into confetti. Fortunately, I don't wear ties anymore!

Good luck with the Jeep!

Last edited:
Just got back from a checkup with my primary doc.

In January my A1C level was 6.0 (pre-diabetes territory) and for me high.

My test today was 5.3! I attribute it to some tweaks in my diet but I also did a lot of research on insulin resistance so have been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and Chromium GTF supplements. Since I made several changes at once don't really know which had the biggest impact but form it to drop that much in 4 months is awesome.

... and today is our 25th wedding anniversary.

I'm not a bling kind of girl so we bought each other a "pickleball machine".

It's like a baseball pitching machine only it's specifically for pickleball. And at $1299.00 it's worthy of being a 25th anniversary gift. :cool:

Ron, that is stunning work. ;)

I love the antique map and went to Lisa's site and found that her work is awesome. Now I have an idea for holiday gifts for the family (now, if I could find a framer...:D)

Thanks Aja8888. Lisa's work is awesome. She travels the country doing art shows with a booth load of her work. I hope to find her again, because I'd like to buy a couple of similar maps- around 9"x17". That's about as big as I frame since I don't mat or fasten the print in any way.

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

That frame is perfect for the map . You did a great job.

Thanks. Some barn wood frames just don't look good when they're paired with the wrong art. But barn wood does go well with old maps.

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

My electricity just came back on. I lost it last Saturday at about 5:30 P.M. Sure is nice to have things like water and heat available again. :D The nights got down in the 20's and 30's.

I also have internet and a computer so I have access to the FIRE forum! :dance:

My electricity just came back on. I lost it last Saturday at about 5:30 P.M. Sure is nice to have things like water and heat available again. :D The nights got down in the 20's and 30's.

I also have internet and a computer so I have access to the FIRE forum! :dance:

Welcome back, glad you got power back! Those must have been some COLD nights, too.

Welcome back, glad you got power back! Those must have been some COLD nights, too.

The nights weren't so bad. I had two sleeping bags on top of the regular bedding. Getting out of bed in the morning was COLD!

It sure was nice to take a hot shower this evening. All the water up here is well water so you have to have electricity to run the pumps.

Hermit, it sounds like you need to put a generator on your "to buy someday" list. One big enough to let you have water and some light. Or maybe you have plans for something like that in the new house?

Hermit, it sounds like you need to put a generator on your "to buy someday" list. One big enough to let you have water and some light. Or maybe you have plans for something like that in the new house?

I plan to have a propane generator at the house. I will probably move the motor home up to behind the house in the fall so I have access to the generator over the winter. What it really would have helped was to run the furnace in the motor home. I have a couple small electric heaters and the furnace. All need electricity to run. The construction site is required to have a portable out-house, so I didn't need water for that and I had just enough water for drinking and doing dishes. Glad the electricity came back on when it did.

Mowed the "front 40". Thought about making a grocery run, but then decided to do that on the way back from the gym tomorrow.

Great plan. Don't do anything today that can be put off 'till tomorrow.

Celebrated my 56th birthday a day early by walking 54 holes of golf.

Was first off the tee at 7:15 this morning, played 18 in 2 hours 15 minutes.

At 10:30 played 18 with my regular group in 3 hours even. Lunch with the golf buddies.

After a brief trip home to pop an Aleve and play the harpsichord for a half hour, teed off for the last 18 at 4:00. DW joined me for the last nine. Managed to break 80 for the last round after two pretty mediocre rounds earlier. Last round elapsed time, 2:45. So nice to play quickly.

Then out for Chinese food to end the day. I should sleep well tonight.

Happy birthday, jjquantz!!

I seem to recall when I briefly tried golf that 9 holes is about 2 miles of walking. So if that's true for your course, you hoofed about 12 miles today. Pretty awesome even without chasing that evil little white ball around!

:DYesterday, I made my first pie crust from scratch. Tasted much better than it looked. There is a certain knack to making pie crust. I will have to keep trying. Lol

Last night my two daughters came for dinner to belatedly celebrate Mother's Day. One of the topics of conversation was that D1 and her roommates are hoping to find some outdoor furniture on Craigslist, because the townhouse they are moving to at the end of the month has a small backyard and they'd like to have a little entertainment area. D1 and her roommates are all PhD candidates living on stipend, so they can't spend much.

They got lucky. This morning on my way home from my track workout, I saw four patio chairs out at the curb for the trash man. How convenient that I was driving the pickup truck-- those four chairs are now in my garage. This afternoon I power washed them, primed the rusty spots, and sprayed the first coat of black paint. I'll spray the second coat tomorrow and the chairs will be ready to deliver to DD's new place when I take the pickup down to help her move. Free chairs are the best, especially when your retired mom does the rehab and delivers them.

Last night my two daughters came for dinner to belatedly celebrate Mother's Day. One of the topics of conversation was that D1 and her roommates are hoping to find some outdoor furniture on Craigslist, because the townhouse they are moving to at the end of the month has a small backyard and they'd like to have a little entertainment area. D1 and her roommates are all PhD candidates living on stipend, so they can't spend much.

They got lucky. This morning on my way home from my track workout, I saw four patio chairs out at the curb for the trash man. How convenient that I was driving the pickup truck-- those four chairs are now in my garage. This afternoon I power washed them, primed the rusty spots, and sprayed the first coat of black paint. I'll spray the second coat tomorrow and the chairs will be ready to deliver to DD's new place when I take the pickup down to help her move. Free chairs are the best, especially when your retired mom does the rehab and delivers them.

Last week I put out a 14 year old Weber BBQ that was taken hours before the trash pickup. Was glad to see someone would get some use out of it.

Yesterday I signed a contract and put down a deposit for an assisted living facility for mom.

I know that was both a relief and sad occasion.
Thanks. :) Still having a bit of a debate between the left and right brain on this, which I need to get past and focus on making it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom