what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning our fifth anniversary together celebration. A 3 day trip to London. The difficult part is finding a good classy hotel close to the main tourist attractions-and in which smoking is allowed, at least in some of the rooms. I hope I´m not asking too much.

Monday, Monday...da da da da da da...
so good to me...da da da da da da...

Laundry off and on, surfed, made spiced meat for taco salad tonight.
Big show today - I watched thunderstorm clouds gather, build up way high in the sky and go wild just north of my house.
So beautiful to watch.

Planning our fifth anniversary together celebration. A 3 day trip to London. The difficult part is finding a good classy hotel close to the main tourist attractions-and in which smoking is allowed, at least in some of the rooms. I hope I´m not asking too much.
Congrats on your anniversary!

What I did today....worked at the police dept this a.m. Nearly got in a fight with a number one @#!, ahem, son of a gun. :mad:

Cooled off and went shopping for shoes. Found some great leather sandals that came half way up my leg...yowsahhhh! But I couldn't get the straps tight enough on my calves. Bummer. :(

Nice bike ride today:

img_826155_0_3cdaaaa4a6f4730946e3740e47692135.jpg

img_826155_1_543aabf844c73fd48c34b907af50a00d.jpg

img_826155_2_ab528170e96002c3639bc520ae763a82.jpg

Our neighbor saw a mountain lion in her backyard yesterday.

I woke up WHENEVER I WANTED TO, drank coffee, piddled around. Then I mowed, edged, weeded the lawn. Made a trip to Home Depot to purchase flowers, mulch and a new sprinkler. Ate weird stuff for lunch. This ER gig is pretty cool.

Our neighbor saw a mountain lion in her backyard yesterday.

My mom called me yesterday. She had 2 black bears in her backyard. They pulled down her bird feeders and were feasting when she went out with her airhorn to chase them away. :eek: I told her I'm going to start planning how I'm going to spend my inheritence if she's turning suicidal. :dead:

Pincushion day - last shot for overseas travel, only 1 today instead of 3. :D
I will be SO glad when this :( is over. Last time, I ran a slight fever for 1 day and my arm (2 shots) hurt very badly for a week. End of whine. ;)

Rest of the day is wide open for major league goofing off.
Hmmmmm...what was that about idle minds again? :whistle:

Yucky rainy day on my day off. The motorcycle sits mournfully in the garage, across from the boat I can't use either because of the weather.

Went to the Dr. for a follow-up on the high BP, still 150/80 but that's down since starting the meds for it. Also discussed options for the sore knee. I do not like this "getting old" crap.

I'm a bachelor for a few days. DW is over taking care of a grandniece north of Baltimore with chicken pox while both parents work. Not much to do besides post here, read, watch TV.

End of whine.

Yucky rainy day on my day off. The motorcycle sits mournfully in the garage, across from the boat I can't use either because of the weather.
Someday you'll be able to return to being retired - and have your choice of "days off". ;)
Went to the Dr. for a follow-up on the high BP, still 150/80 but that's down since starting the meds for it. Also discussed options for the sore knee. I do not like this "getting old" crap.
Uh oh. Better hurry...:D

Thought about a parade, but too much traffic! Easier to relax and watch from TV! It's such a nice day for a parade though!
Maybe I'll go next year, Go Lakers!

Yucky rainy day on my day off. The motorcycle sits mournfully in the garage, across from the boat I can't use either because of the weather...
End of whine.
I am pleased to pick up where you left off...:D
Boat is still in my driveway. I will be launching this weekend, probably in the rain. :mad:
I've had my midlife crisis car out only maybe 5 times so far. :'(
Water is still coming over the dam at local lake. Very unusual for this calendar date.
Raining and chilly today, same forecast for tomorrow, argh!
Next......? ;)

I am pleased to pick up where you left off...:D
Boat is still in my driveway. I will be launching this weekend, probably in the rain. :mad:
I've had my midlife crisis car out only maybe 5 times so far. :'(
Water is still coming over the dam at local lake. Very unusual for this calendar date.
Raining and chilly today, same forecast for tomorrow, argh!
Next......? ;)

Glad that SOMEBODY's got some rain. We are having what our local TV meteorologists are calling a "mini-drought". Basically what that means is that we don't get our usual afternoon summertime rains, that cut the heat so nicely. So, it has been pretty hot. Reminds me of when I lived in Texas. :LOL:

As for what I did today - - got up in the dark due to the %^)(&* alarm clock, packed my lunch and got to work by 6 AM as usual. Less than 5 more months of this to go, though.

Someday you'll be able to return to being retired - and have your choice of "days off". ;)

I know. Actually I don't mind the job except for the time it takes. It's not at all difficult and $50+k/year jobs are very scarce in these parts. But that's also what paid for the motorcycle and allowed us to help out the FIL more than what I'd have felt comfortable with without the income from the job.

And I'd like to get the savings higher up to make up for the losses in the deferred compensation account (sort of a 401k). I am not optimistic that the losses there will be made up anytime soon so we're saving most of the "extra" income.

Like everyone else I just want to have my cake and eat it too.:) Once a month I buy two lottery tickets, realizing that what I'm buying for my $2 is daydreams.

"and got to work by 6 AM as usual"
Small wonder you want to retire!

It's not as bad as it sounds, though I really want to sleep later all the time when I retire!

If I get to work at 6 AM, I can go home at 3:30 PM. That gives me time to do some errands after work, and to beat the traffic (somewhat). I could get to work as late as 8:30 AM, but then I couldn't go home until 6 PM.

The earlier I get there, the less traffic to battle in each direction. :) And in the wintertime, I don't feel safe leaving work after dark.

If I get to work at 6 AM, I can go home at 3:30 PM. That gives me time to do some errands after work, and to beat the traffic (somewhat). I could get to work as late as 8:30 AM, but then I couldn't go home until 6 PM.
I rarely commute any more, but when I do (into Austin, 75 miles each way), I usually leave the house between 4:30 and 5 AM, arrive between 6:00 and 6:30, and leave by around 3:00.

I hate getting up that early, but if there's one thing I hate even more, it's big city rush hour traffic. I've become really spoiled by living out here.

that's also what paid for the motorcycle and allowed us to help out the FIL more than what I'd have felt comfortable with without the income from the job.

And I'd like to get the savings higher up to make up for the losses in the deferred compensation account (sort of a 401k). I am not optimistic that the losses there will be made up anytime soon so we're saving most of the "extra" income.

I also like having my little ebay business . It keeps me busy and has allowed me to let my portfolio recover while still enjoying travel and fun purchases . I still consider myself retired since I have no set routine . I do it when I feel like and as much as I feel like .

I hate getting up that early, but if there's one thing I hate even more, it's big city rush hour traffic.

I can get to work in 6 minutes if I leave at 5:50 AM or so. But it can take me 45 minutes to get home if I leave at 5 PM, or longer if there is an accident. The distance that I commute is very small, but I have to go over a bridge that can get very congested with traffic during rush hour.

Alternate routes take longer.

Out of curiosity: Is it ever daylight over there at 6 am? On TV shows, despite the very early hours people go to work, it always seem to be dayligjht. Here in Spain (Galicia) the earliest we have light is 7 am these days for a very short period, 3 weeks more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom