what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with DH to another RT appointment today. Sure will be glad when that's all over.

Gave myself a pedicure tonight. Gotta get the tootsies lookin' good for sandal weather. :)

Went to the club, swam 21 laps -- over 1 KM!

Now going grocery shopping, I think I worked up an appetite.

-- Rita

Worked, and watched the hilarity that is Wisconsin politics unfold on the TV.............if I NEVER see Michael Moore in our state again, that will still be too soon...............:(

Today my daughter called me to tell me that my Geo Prism is on death's doorstep . I drove it in the eighties and then gave it to my daughter who drove it until recently . It is twenty years old with $250,000 miles on it . That is one car I got my money's worth on.

Good little cars those Prizms. Had ours for 225,000 miles. Never had engine or tranny work done on it. Still running when I got rid of it.

Free to canoe

Lena leaves for a ten-day trip to Sweden in a few hours. I'm so glad I'm not going. She'll meet Jenny and Jenny's boyfriend there.

This morning, Lena fell off a 4' high cliff. We were climbing up from the beach, she got to the top and started doing the windmill thing, then fell back and ended up with some bruises and scrapes. Not a great way to start a 33 hour door-to-door trip.

Lena leaves for a ten-day trip to Sweden in a few hours. I'm so glad I'm not going.
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?
See the løveli lakes
The wonderful telephøne system
And mani interesting furry animals
Including the majestic møøse

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?
See the løveli lakes
The wonderful telephøne system
And mani interesting furry animals
Including the majestic møøse

A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
Nordfink".

Not nice to try carve into live moose. Shoulda been a moose gooser.

No mooses or gooses found here...:whistle:

I goofed all ALL morning...:LOL:. I deserve that after completing my tax returns last week and re-executing my Trust-Will-HCP-Durable PoA-Schedule of Assets package earlier this week.

Well...OK...I did two loads of laundry. We had rain all day, added to already melting snow. :clap: This means my back yard will be deeply saturated, which means my leach field will not function as well, which means I have to limit washing machine water output for several days until natural ground water drainage puts the septic system process back to business as usual. Toilet and shower water usage is not an issue unless I host a really huge party. ;)

Ah...the joys of country living. :blush:

Laundry and dishes and rain and snow and an errand run.

Need to start house cleaning again for return visit.

Good little cars those Prizms. Had ours for 225,000 miles. Never had engine or tranny work done on it. Still running when I got rid of it.

Free to canoe

I bought a Prizm for my daughter when she was 16. Shortly thereafter we were camping near home and she drove it out to the campsite and nudged a rock backing up and put a little dent in it. She didn't think it was any big deal because we had a 30 day warranty on the car. Wasn't happy when I explained to her that the warranty wouldn't cover something like that. A couple weeks later an "old guy" cut her off as she was on her way to school and it was totaled (thankfully she was ok). Nice little car. I seem to recall it was a Toyota Corolla with GM badging - is that right?

Yesterday the big accomplishment was a grocery store run and the office supply store. A rainy, yucky day, really only suitable for sleeping and reading.

Which is mostly what we did.

Lived thru a major earthquake. Biggest And scariest I've ever been in. The devastation in Northeast Japan is widespread, and we won't know the extent of the damage until the light of day tomorrow.

R

Lived thru a major earthquake. Biggest And scariest I've ever been in. The devastation in Northeast Japan is widespread, and we won't know the extent of the damage until the light of day tomorrow.

R
I just saw this report on the internet a few minutes ago. First thing I thought of was you and your family. I'm relieved to know you're ok!

R

I also am relieved that you are ok!

Yesterday played with computer, spring cleaned back porch, started lawnmower after four months. Today snowy started to go over a lease from a corporation that wants to rent a half acre from me to put a small substation on. Do they think I am stupid enough to sign a lease that puts restrictions on the rest of my property. That was too much like work. Going to put it aside and continue tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just did a fun thing...:D
I already have approx 6K airline points with JetBlue from my 3 FL trips last year. My existing points will expire at end of June 2011. :(
I have been watching the JetBLue AMEX offer for almost a year, waiting for them to up the ante and make it worth paying the $40 annual fee. >:D
By signing up for the card by April 1st, I got an enrollment bonus of 10K points. If I use the AMEX card for $500 worth of charges over the next 3 months, I get another 10K points on top of the 10K enrollment bonus.
Boundary conditions:
1-way ticket = 5K points
RT ticket = 10K points
My calculator tells me I now have enough for a round trip ticket, plus perhaps another one if I use the card for any normal purchases I have to make over 3 months AND my 6K points will not expire for another year as long as I use the AMEX card once in the next 12 months.

Not bad for $40, huh? :cool:

R

I thought of you this morning . Glad you are alright !

Spring ahead - Daylight savings time

I got up early, stayed up for a few hours, then took a nap. :whistle:
I've been hanging out in nice silky sleepwear all day. I just didn't feel like getting dressed to go out. No reason to on a rainy chilly damp day.

Mr B got the blue screen of death, so he is still performing herioic measures on his desktop computer. He is an ace at restoring crashed computers. Prognosis is good so far, except his hard drive seems to be corrupted. :nonono:
My crystal ball tells me that I may have a good reason to use that JetBlue AMEX card I just signed up for. He will reimburse me with cash if he needs to replace his system.

Don't forget to change your clocks ahead tonight! :)

I took the 14YO beagle to the vet hospital and ended up determining that we are at the terminal stage. Poor pup was diagnosed with stage IV lymphoma a year ago and chemo has thus far been highly sucessful. We got another year of high quality of life for him and we used it: lots of hikes, good days, happy times. But he is not responding to chemo any more and he has a serious heart murmur and bad kidneys. We will get maybe another couple of weeks and that is it. Its hard not to feel like my heart is breaking.

I took the 14YO beagle to the vet hospital and ended up determining that we are at the terminal stage. Poor pup was diagnosed with stage IV lymphoma a year ago and chemo has thus far been highly sucessful. We got another year of high quality of life for him and we used it: lots of hikes, good days, happy times. But he is not responding to chemo any more and he has a serious heart murmur and bad kidneys. We will get maybe another couple of weeks and that is it. Its hard not to feel like my heart is breaking.

So sorry Brewer. We just lost our kitty to cancer 2 1/2 wks ago, so I can really empathize. It is so hard. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom