what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nice to try carve into live moose. Shoulda been a moose gooser.

Mason Williams...

How about them moose goosers, ain't they recluse?
Up in them boondocks, goosin' them moose
Goosin' them huge moose, goosin' them tiny
Goosin' them middle moose, in they hiney

Look at them moose goosers, ain't they dumb?
Some use an umbrella, some use a thumb
There's an obtuse moose goosers, sneakin through the woods
Pokin' them snoozy moose, in they goods

How to be a moose gooser? It'll turn ye puce
Get your gooser loose and rouse a drousy moose!

Seeing as it is Poetry Day...

Syracuse- February 2011

It's winter here in Syracuse
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 22 below!
Oh, how I love dear Syracuse
When the snow is up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
And you may think I'm a fool.
But I could never leave dear Syracuse,
'Cause I'm frozen to the stool.

Edited: I'm trying to attach a pic here. You can click on the attachment until I figure out how to paste it into the post.

Attachments

• outhouse.doc
    100.5 KB · Views: 12
I didn't do all of this today, the actual events took place last Tuesday and Wednesday. Fearing I might jinx something, didn't want to mention any of this until all the papers were signed and the deals were funded:

1. Sold our 2001 motor home
2. Purchased a bank-owned 2007 5th wheel RV as a replacement
3. Purchased new diesel pickup truck to pull it

Working on a few modifications to the RV and the delivery/installation of a hitch for the truck before we can hit the road again.

Lena and Jenny and Jenny's boyfriend are having fun in Sweden. Skiing, and ice skating. Jenny and BF are going to go in a sauna and then jump in the water in a hole in the ice. I haven't gotten a report from that yet.

I didn't do all of this today, the actual events took place last Tuesday and Wednesday. Fearing I might jinx something, didn't want to mention any of this until all the papers were signed and the deals were funded:

1. Sold our 2001 motor home
2. Purchased a bank-owned 2007 5th wheel RV as a replacement
3. Purchased new diesel pickup truck to pull it

Working on a few modifications to the RV and the delivery/installation of a hitch for the truck before we can hit the road again.

Congratulations on your new "toys"! I'm sure they will provide many happy miles on the road in the years ahead. :D

Last edited:
I saw three robins on the front lawn today
Were they alive?

Lena and Jenny and Jenny's boyfriend are having fun in Sweden. Skiing, and ice skating. Jenny and BF are going to go in a sauna and then jump in the water in a hole in the ice. I haven't gotten a report from that yet.
This sounds pretty serious... having the BF meet not only the parents but the grandparents...

Today I went to Zumba . I hate to exercise but this class I love . It is 60 minute of Latin dancing with exercise moves . The time just flies by and it is not boring . It exercises every area of your body plus cardio . So if your gym offers it try it ! It's great !:)

Today I went to Zumba . I hate to exercise but this class I love . It is 60 minute of Latin dancing with exercise moves . The time just flies by and it is not boring . It exercises every area of your body plus cardio . So if your gym offers it try it ! It's great !:)

This thread is useless without pictures.:whistle:

Pool cleaning (again). Yesterday we went up past Mecca to the Box Canyon area: Box Canyon Road in Mecca Hills Wilderness

Lots of rubbernecking, almost ran over a fat stripe on the road - managed to straddle it with the car, then turned around and came back to be sure all was ok.

He wasn't to be troubled by moving, so I went down, turned around, and came back behind him. He still didn't feel the need to bestir himself till I sprayed a mouthful of water on his tail. At that point he turned his head and gave me a nasty look (much like his normal look). That encouraged me to close the car door and head off to give him some privacy.

Attachments

• sssnake 001.jpg
    sssnake 001.jpg
    969.8 KB · Views: 9
  • sssnake 002.jpg
    sssnake 002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Great poses. Looks like the guys were no shows.

I helped my daughter move from her apartment to her townhome today. She does not have a lot of furniture, but it still took three trips with the smallest UHaul moving van. Good thing the distance between the two places is only 2 miles.

Good thing actually.

He still didn't feel the need to bestir himself till I sprayed a mouthful of water on his tail.
The Naval Safety Center used to put out a weekly message of the dumb mishaps that officers & sailors perpetrated. (You used to motivate your troops to be safe by saying "You don't want your shipmates to read about you in this message!!") Your statement above would've made the top-three ranking in the annual summary...

The Naval Safety Center used to put out a weekly message of the dumb mishaps that officers & sailors perpetrated. (You used to motivate your troops to be safe by saying "You don't want your shipmates to read about you in this message!!") Your statement above would've made the top-three ranking in the annual summary...

Sez the man who - on purpose - goes out and floats around in a whole bunch of water too deep to stand up and breath in. Doing this on a bit of Styrofoam while waiting for the water to get well out of horizontal so he can attempt to stand upright on said bit of flotsam. Madness.

You know - the guy who lets his daughter and random strangers try to kick his head off - better, PAYS someone to beat on him and provide rooms for said head kicking. Inexplicable folly.

Please note that actions taken during active duty military service are not mentioned - it would be a small man who would comment on the fate tempting audacity of choosing to enter a metal - metal! - tube full of radioactive material and then sink hundreds of feet below the sea. Intentionally. Down and down into the dark crushing deep...., but again, actions taken in service of country are off limits to this discussion.

Perhaps more germane is the choice to share sleeping - eyes shut off guard - quarters with killer bunny:

YouTube - Monty Python-Killer Rabbit

I would have you note, Mr. Nords, that the snake got it's tail sprayed. I did not spit in it's eye. That would have been silly and dangerous. Safety first. Now. Hold mah beer and watch this.

Edit. And now just read this: "A few days later I went into an REI store to outfit myself properly with the remaining gear needed for our upcoming Haleakala hike (no REIs in Hawaii)-- 70-liter backpack, water bladder, pack cover, rain poncho, to the tune of $400".

The first time wasn't enough?!

The caretaker of the hole in the ice said that the real tough guys go in the hole without going in the sauna first, so that's what Jenny did.

img_1047807_0_ca9014334a01ee0db0144a5620f317b7.jpg

This is an ice hotel.

img_1047807_1_6485165a3bad044a5142343c993ea5f8.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yup and I even have green tips of crocus and daffodils poking up through the thawing ground
I saw a few daffodil leaf tops poking up right next to my house foundation. The crocus and tupil bed out front is still partially snow covered (below), but it won't be much longer. :dance:
Look closely...do you see the snow beast trying to devour the raised bed (red bricks) ? ;)

Today is yet another lazy day in East Nowhere. It's cloudy with a slight drizzle falling. Par for the course this time of year.
I'm listening to Soundscapes (digital music channel) and surfing, doing some laundry, contemplating which indoor project I want to jump into. None are striking my fancy at this point. :blush:
Mr B is at a meeting for an upcoming county level Legion budget audit. Lucky him! :whistle:
I keep telling him to be careful what he wishes for...:LOL:...but he's having fun and feeling useful.

Attachments

• spring2011-2.jpg
    spring2011-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 10
Not what I do, but this is something that just happens to me today.

My portfolio has lost its year-to-date gain, and is back down to its value in last December.

How long before someone starts to post the "head banging" emoticon? :)

Delightful Spring day -- the first one we've had here. Spent the morning filing taxes, then the rest of the afternoon cleaning gutters, pulling weeds, and neatening up flower beds. Fairly nasty jobs normally, but I enjoyed being outdoors so much it seemed like fun.

Took the cat to the vet to look at a growth on his chin that made him growl when it was touched. Turned out to be nothing but a scab on a zit, and otherwise he got a clean bill of health.

What a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom