what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It 's amazing how these little creatures can wrap you around their fingers .
Isn't that the truth? I'm already so wrapped I'm being called the official spoiler. :)
Have a safe trip and enjoy your grandson.

Started removing the wallpaper in the bathroom before we paint it.
Not done yet - probably another 2 days. They should outlaw wallpapers and save trees.

Started removing the wallpaper in the bathroom before we paint it.
Not done yet - probably another 2 days. They should outlaw wallpapers and save trees.

If you haven't tried a steamer, it is worth it. You can rent them cheaply at Home Depot.

Late this afternoon, I attended the funeral of a good friend's Dad. He had heart trouble and was in the hospital trying to get a little stronger before having surgery, but didn't make it. During his ordeal, the man's wife(my friend's mom) had chest pains and had a triple bypass. She got a pass to leave the hospital to attend the funeral and looked fine there, but was obviously upset. Just got a call that as soon as they took her back to the hospital tonight, she died.

Man, I feel sorry for the family. Lose both parents within a couple of days of each other. What a day.

Oh Dawg. I am so very sorry. That's more than one family should ever have to bear. Your friend really needs a comforting friend like you right now.

Late this afternoon, I attended the funeral of a good friend's Dad. He had heart trouble and was in the hospital trying to get a little stronger before having surgery, but didn't make it. During his ordeal, the man's wife(my friend's mom) had chest pains and had a triple bypass. She got a pass to leave the hospital to attend the funeral and looked fine there, but was obviously upset. Just got a call that as soon as they took her back to the hospital tonight, she died.

Man, I feel sorry for the family. Lose both parents within a couple of days of each other. What a day.

What a sad day, Dawg :(.

I hope your own mother continues to feel better.

Isn't that the truth? I'm already so wrapped I'm being called the official spoiler. :)
Have a safe trip and enjoy your grandson.

My parents used to call Mom's parents "The Spoilers" - I would eagerly run out to meet them when they drove up the driveway at 10 am on Tuesday mornings squealing, "The Spoilers are here! The Spoilers are here!" Took me years to put two and two together - I just thought that was there name! LOL

Just got back from a two-day anniversary trip to Southern Oregon (Brookings). Wonderful hike yesterday -- perhaps I'll do a thread with more photos. Here's a preview:

img_1082363_0_dd4be9480ab31632884f676056d4098c.jpg

I didn't realize you and Lena were newlyweds...

Once, on the phone, I meant to tell my friend that Lena was three months pregnant. By mistake I said "Three minutes pregnant." He said "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

Once, on the phone, I meant to tell my friend that Lena was three months pregnant. By mistake I said "Three minutes pregnant." He said "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

ROFL! I am laughing so hard I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes. :ROFLMAO::LOL::2funny:

Why Al, you were very confident in the abilities of your sperm, weren't you? :D

I bought a great used 4 drawer file cabinet on sale for $69, on sale at a furniture rental place. They even loaded it into the back of the Murano for us.

Not to make you jealous (after all, you DID get a good buy) but our town dump - oops, transfer station - has an exchange area where 2 and 4 drawer file cabinets are frequently available for the taking. I've gotten several there over the years. If you see one with a few scratches or dents that you don't like, you just wait until a better one comes along.

And, oh yeah, my wife's DD is a Murano - an 04 SE with 91K miles - that we LOVE. Hope you're having the same great experiences with your Mo that we are having with ours, W2!

Not to make you jealous (after all, you DID get a good buy) but our town dump - oops, transfer station - has an exchange area where 2 and 4 drawer file cabinets are frequently available for the taking. I've gotten several there over the years. If you see one with a few scratches or dents that you don't like, you just wait until a better one comes along.

Ooooh, but I AM jealous! What a fantastic place to scavenge. :D

nafddur1 said:
And, oh yeah, my wife's DD is a Murano - an 04 SE with 91K miles - that we LOVE. Hope you're having the same great experiences with your Mo that we are having with ours, W2!

The Murano is Frank's, and he loves it. It's a 2003 SL and he has put close to 200,000 miles on it. He hit a pair of deer almost head-on with it a few years ago and found out that the Murano is really solid - - didn't need as much repair as one might expect and it was still drivable until it could be repaired. I love the air conditioning in it - - it's very effective. And, I love the style of it and the luxuries. Despite being a 2003, it still seems new and pretty. :)

Last edited:
And the Olympic gold medal for freestyle swimming goes to...;)

:LOL:

I watched it rain off and on, all day today. :(
I caught up on laundry folding and helped Mr B scrounge up office supplies from what was on hand in the house. Basic supplies are needed for his upcoming Boys' State assistant counselor adventure. I am already planning projects for my week to make sure I don't get bored or lonely. I have a list of indoor/outdoor things that need to be done, none of which are urgent. La de daaaaaa...FIRE life is good. :D
The Legion and VFW guys said to come down and hang out with them as usual. One guy even joked he was looking forward to having me all to himself, speaking loudly on purpose so Mr B could hear him. :LOL:

Off we go to a fundrasier burger/hot dog cookout. Thank God for covered pavilions. :dance:

The Murano is Frank's, and he loves it. It's a 2003 SL and he has put close to 200,000 miles on it. He hit a pair of deer almost head-on with it a few years ago and found out that the Murano is really solid - - didn't need as much repair as one might expect and it was still drivable until it could be repaired.

Wow, I'm really impressed. I'm a regular on Nissan Murano.org, and you're the first one I've heard of going 200K so far. And I have heard other stories confirming the safety of those cars. It sounds like you really take care of yours. I DO have 218K on my 95 Maxima (bought new 9/94), however.

Oh, and to not jack this thread, I clay barred our Murano today (actually, a few weeks ago)! That really helps keep any car looking new.

As for our dump, I've found some amazing things there - like 2 different sets of Boston Acoustics speakers that, after some woofer refoaming, work fantastic, and lots of sort-of high end (like Nikko and Technics) tape decks, receivers and tuners. My grandkids are still using the Razor off road bike and pocket rocket (road bike) I got at the dump. Each one worked perfectly and only needed a little cleaning to look like new.

Day #2 of 2 at the tenants. I went mucking in the mud with the reciprocating saw and managed to remove the last of the ixora roots without accidentally removing any sprinkler piping. Spouse even put a new coat of Extend anti-rust paint on the freshly-exposed window bars.

Now the tenant can clean out the patch of soil and replant it with hapu'u & raphis.

Google's Streetview vehicle passed in front of the place while we were working. I wonder how long it takes for them to process the imagery and get it up on the Maps website.

Wow, I'm really impressed. I'm a regular on Nissan Murano.org, and you're the first one I've heard of going 200K so far. And I have heard other stories confirming the safety of those cars. It sounds like you really take care of yours. I DO have 218K on my 95 Maxima (bought new 9/94), however.

Oh, and to not jack this thread, I clay barred our Murano today (actually, a few weeks ago)! That really helps keep any car looking new.

As for our dump, I've found some amazing things there - like 2 different sets of Boston Acoustics speakers that, after some woofer refoaming, work fantastic, and lots of sort-of high end (like Nikko and Technics) tape decks, receivers and tuners. My grandkids are still using the Razor off road bike and pocket rocket (road bike) I got at the dump. Each one worked perfectly and only needed a little cleaning to look like new.

He still takes it to the dealer for maintenance very conscientiously, and has them check it over now and then, but considering the mileage on it he hasn't had many other repairs. He is hoping to drive it another 50,000-100,000 miles at least. He hasn't really waxed it or done much, but the finish still looks pretty nice and we still get waves from other Murano owners.

In the unlikely event that I ever get to Duxbury, I'll consider the dump to be Tourist Attraction #1, for me. :D

I picked up my new truck (2,800 miles on the odometer) from dealer service department today after having a part replaced due to a second a 'check engine' light. The first problem involved replacing the ignition interlock and this time they replaced the catalytic converter. Ten miles after leaving the service bay, the light came on again. I took it back and they cleared the code, test drove it, checked the connections on the work they'd done but couldn't reproduce the problem (temp sensor in the exhaust system). I drove it home without incident. Nothing so far that has affected how the truck runs, but the recurring trips to the dealer have become a real PITA.

I've lost count of the different cars I've owned over the years and have been fortunate to have never owned a lemon. Sure hope the law of averages hasn't finally caught up with me...

Nothing so far that has affected how the truck runs, but the recurring trips to the dealer have become a real PITA.
I've lost count of the different cars I've owned over the years and have been fortunate to have never owned a lemon. Sure hope the law of averages hasn't finally caught up with me...
Seems to me the dealer should offer to send a mechanic along during your next trailer-towing travels.

Seems to me the dealer should offer to send a mechanic along during your next trailer-towing travels.
We have a two week, 2,200 mile trip planned for July. I hope we don't get a side-tour of local dealer service departments along the route. I understand their camping facilities aren't all that great...

REWahoo said:
I picked up my new truck (2,800 miles on the odometer) from dealer service department today after having a part replaced due to a second a 'check engine' light. The first problem involved replacing the ignition interlock and this time they replaced the catalytic converter. Ten miles after leaving the service bay, the light came on again. I took it back and they cleared the code, test drove it, checked the connections on the work they'd done but couldn't reproduce the problem

It's nothin' a little electrical tape won't solve.

I've done the same thing. It reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if... You've gone to the dump and come back with more stuff than you brought."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom