what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 5 months away from Medicare and also wondering about my federal BCBS.

From what I have heard is Medicare will be your primary and federal BCBS will pay the deductibles and anything that is not covered by Medicare . So we will still be paying for federal BCBS and the $115 for Medicare part B

bbbamI said:
What...no pictures? :confused:

Ahhhhh...but anyway, congratulations Ron. :flowers:

Thanks!, but there's no way i'd post most of the pics that my SIL took.

Ok - this one's not bad - I'm in there somewhere.

image-1722100240.png

From what I have heard is Medicare will be your primary and federal BCBS will pay the deductibles and anything that is not covered by Medicare . So we will still be paying for federal BCBS and the $115 for Medicare part B
Thanks for the info, I'm hoping it will work that way.

Took the mutt hiking today. What a beautiful day too. Temp was reasonable and the humidity low. Compared to what we have had lately, felt like Fall. :)

img_1101728_0_49bcba0d9899a8c656a1830056c02c8c.jpg

I changed my primary email address today. Well, to be honest, Mr B changed it for me at my request. The former email address contained a reference to persons no longer in my universe. ;)
I had been temporarily diverting some necessary email to a personal yahoo address so I could get a handle on the combination of personal, business, and general interest email sources. I unsubscribed to several newsletters and online shopping sites, gradually narrowing the flood of emails coming to the old address.
It took me quite a while to go through entering the new email address on credit union, investment, and billing accounts. I now have a clean slate. Glad that project is done with. :dance:
Any junk mail still going to the former address will end up somewhere in cyberspace. Somewhere...>:D

That is a huge accomplishment! I can't imagine trying to think of everyone and every establishment that would need to be contacted. Congratulations on completing this successfully.

Went for my normal 5K run this morning. Here in the SE part of Arizona August 16th and the temperature at 6:30 was 62 degrees. Unbelievable.

Where is global warming?

That is a huge accomplishment! I can't imagine trying to think of everyone and every establishment that would need to be contacted. Congratulations on completing this successfully.
It was drummed into my head for over 20 years at w*rk..."Never write your passwords down". Baloney! :LOL: CRS is alive and well between my ears. ;) I actually keep a small notebook of all current online accounts and passwords, safely stored somewhere in the house.

I approached the email change project with a classic "divide and conquer" algorithm.
All I had to do is keep a running tally of all incoming email to the old address for a few weeks, unsubscribing or diverting "keepers" to the yahoo email, and only keeping the emails for bill paying, credit union statements, and friends that I needed to keep active.
Immediately after Mr B did the address change, I went through the little notebook, changing each critical account at a time, updating the notebook record as I went. I sent a broadcast "address change" email to all friends.
Now I will do same at the yahoo email, unsubscribing and/or eliminating all unecessary "junk" email. Poof! :dance:

Today I got my teeth cleaned. :D Not much fun to have that done at 9 AM, but it is a necessary preventative to keep periodontal disease from recurring. I set up 4 appointments per year, and usually make it to 3 of them, if not all 4.

We're going to head to the Legion later for some company and a few cold ones. I've been home for 2 days straight and need to get out and socialize. :)

We moved the Tin-Can down the Oregon coast to a park near Brookings. We've been in Oregon since mid-June. First impressions seem nice, we're going to stay here a while.

On the road yesterday, DW mentioned she could spend a summer in Oregon. I just shook my head- seems like what we are doing.

I had big problems parking the RV here yesterday. Had to back uphill on a narrow road, site and road at odd angles. Now I know why the site was vacant. Made many errors, not just backing. After 6 years, I should be better at this.

That's the Life!

winger,

DW and I hope to follow in your footsteps at some point. FIRE is new to us so we're just now trying it on for size. Lots of trips planned in the next six months. At some point we'll be on the road more than at home. Then we can decide if we're selling the house or otherwise downsizing.

I sold my car yesterday. Even tho our other car and motorcycle are in the garage...the garage looks kind of empty. It's strange how I can feel emotional about a car...but I do. I kept the license plates and put one up on the garage wall.

Makes me think about rounding up pics of all the vehicles we've owned and framing them in a collage. Hmmmmm....

As for today, I'm trying not to sweat. I'm so tired of this heat. :dead:

Is there a "rest of the story" to that? Everything OK, or does the Harley take up too much space?
Nah...not much of a story. Just downsizing a bit I guess. I can add the money we would spend on my car to other areas of our budget. Seems as if I've been thinking more of experiences instead of things lately.

Heh...if the Harley didn't fit in the garage, it would probably be parked in the living room. :)

I placed an order and bought my very first ever stocks today! The stocks went up a bit by today's closing, so I think I did good. I like the feeling of accomplishment.

Quite proud of myself and just had to tell someone! ;)

I don't think anyone else commented on this, so I'd like to offer my congratulations. Many of your stock purchases will go up and many will go down. Don't worry about it. As long as you have a good reason for buying, and you have good criteria for knowing when to sell, you'll be fine.

I don't think anyone else commented on this, so I'd like to offer my congratulations. Many of your stock purchases will go up and many will go down. Don't worry about it. As long as you have a good reason for buying, and you have good criteria for knowing when to sell, you'll be fine.

Well, those particular stocks fell today, so I bought more. I thought that would be the right thing to do. For the rest of my portfolio, i have automated through VG so have a weekly DCAing going on with the 4 funds. I will see week by week whether to value cost, will perhaps do that if difference is large enough otherwise just leave it standard and keep my eye on the AA.

For the stock I re-invested the same amount of my initial investment. I hope that was wise.

Thanks Braumeister for the congrats!

Queenie

Makes me think about rounding up pics of all the vehicles we've owned and framing them in a collage. Hmmmmm....

That's a fun idea. We took a picture of Jenny every year on the first day of school. She put them all together in order, framed them, and gave them to us as a present. It's fun to have.

Yesterday...I finally bit the bullet and dragged out my 2009 budget spreadsheet for a long overdue update. Now that I have an real accountant in my pocket, I knew I would get some constructive feedback on my engineer's linear thought process to capture my income and current expenses.
Mr B took one look at the spreadsheet (exact quote "you gotta be kidding me") and pronounced it confusing as h*ll. He gave me some good tips on how to reorganize it so it was readable. :blush:
So I moved a bunch or rows around, did some category overhauling, and entered the current 2011 data. I found out that I am not only meeting my costs easily, but have more leftover disposable income than I thought. :dance:

Today I had a repair guy over to look at my 22 year old Kenmore washing machine. It no longer pumps out the rinse water, nor goes into spin cycle. He declared it a lost cause and suggested I go to Lowe's and select a new one. I will pay for the delivery and setup of the new machine, including removal of the old beast. We ain't 20 anymore.

Last edited:
Heh...if the Harley didn't fit in the garage, it would probably be parked in the living room. :)

I did have this one parked in my living room in 1975-76. I brought a girlfriend in there and her comment was "Uh, that's a unique centerpiece you have there..."

Attachments

• Motorcycle-copy.jpg
    Motorcycle-copy.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2
Walt34 said:
I did have this one parked in my living room in 1975-76. I brought a girlfriend in there and her comment was "Uh, that's a unique centerpiece you have there..."

We have that in common. I had my Triumph tiger cub in my bedroom in my apt in college in 1974-1975. We pushed it up three flights of stairs. My roommate also had a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom