what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I logged on here and made some funny [-]boring[/-] posts. I'm in kind of a Don Rickles mood tonight. You know, the sassy one-liner type thing. Cymbal crash.

Mr B is downtown doing another Father Guido Sarducci appearance as the entertainment during the band's break at a fundraiser.
Tonight, he can do the racy one about coming to America, being-a Pope Maurice I, then going to eat and seeing no f*rk (pronounce it another way) on the table, having no sh**ts on the bed, and
a-giving a volume discount for....:LOL:
if you remember the routine, Q: What is the volume discount for ?
PM me cuz it might violate the forum rules. ;)

Last edited:
Sent the past week with the whole family in town. First time we have all been together since DD's wedding 5 years ago. It has been a fantastic week. Mostly shopping and eating. I'm up around 7 pounds, and I absolutely have to take them off quickly so I can put them back on over the upcoming holidays.

The most rewarding part of ER for me has been having the time to spend with family.

Made jalapeño pepper jelly. This is my first time making a jelly of any kind so read up on the process, which included lots of info on how to prevent someone from dying of food poison after eating your jelly...very scary stuff!

I remember watching my granny can loads of stuff out of their garden and I have one of her bread and butter pickle recipes. If the pepper jelly turns out ok, think I'll try my hand at pickles next.

Last edited:
I have never had pepper jelly, so had to look that up. Many many years ago, we had a pepper plant that gave us a lot, and I mean a lot, of hot red chili peppers. As we like to have hot pepper to spice up my food, we decided to make our own hot sauce. We simply ground them in a blender with some vinegar as a preservative, and ended up with a few quarts in the fridge. Have never had such a crop again.

Anyway, I sneaked out between posts again today to do a bit more restoration on a planting bed whose cinder block wall showed bad erosion from moisture, and needed a new coat of plaster.

After playing mason, I am resting a bit inside and to have lunch, before heading out to Home Depot again to get some building material. The weather is so nice, and it would be a shame to just stay indoors on the Web, while the house and yard need some maintenance.

Last edited:
I'm all packed for Houston & San Antonio, and leaving in about three hours.

I'll be at the San Antonio Hyatt Place hotel lobby (about a mile from the USAA campus) by 2 PM on Wednesday afternoon. Feel free to stop by and hang out with the cool personal-finance blogger geeks...

After trying to deal with it on my own, spent 27 minutes on the phone with Comcast and 146 minutes with HP trying to find out why the pretty new HP computer delivered late this morning wouldn't connect with my Internet. Pretty computer will go back to Amazon tomorrow--HP could not resolve the problem and said there are likely to be other problems too.

But I did like Windows 8.

I have never had pepper jelly, so had to look that up.

It's delicious as an appetizer. Spread about 4 ounces of pepper jelly over a brick of cream cheese and serve with triscuits or wheat thins....yum!

Or you can do like a strange friend of ours does and make a peanut butter and pepper jelly sandwich. Sounds awful, tastes wonderful!

DW and I went out and voted - both straight tickets for the Cocktail Party. Not too bad, about four people in line ahead of us and perhaps a ten-minute wait (if that).

Gearing up for FIL's move on Thursday. Lots of little details with that.

I spent part of the afternoon at the dentist's office today. Good times...:rolleyes:

I had a crown replaced. Yersirree all in one afternoon. They were able to take off the old crown, prep the gum area, create and 'install' the new crown in under three hours.

Not having to wear a temp for over two weeks was great. Shoot...I almost smiled when I paid the bill...

bbbamI said:
I spent part of the afternoon at the dentist's office today. Good times...:rolleyes:

I had a crown replaced. Yersirree all in one afternoon. They were able to take off the old crown, prep the gum area, create and 'install' the new crown in under three hours.

Not having to wear a temp for over two weeks was great. Shoot...I almost smiled when I paid the bill...

Egads!

I spent part of the morning at the dentist. I found out that i need to get a crown, but I need to go back once for a temp, and then again for the permanent crown.

It must be a tooth epidemic. I am scheduled for an appointment Thursday to fix a tooth that has a bit of wobble, a filling that is partially cracked, and is giving me moderate pain. I've been eating semi-soft food to avoid further damage to the filling.
Homemade applesauce, mashed potatoes, meat cut up into small pieces, and yogurt are my current diet.
Last week, I was eating thin crust store bought pizza, felt a small pebble (piece of the filling or perhaps something in the pizza) just as my tooth crunched down on it. Talk about birdies and stars! OUCH :(
It felt better after 2 days. On day 3 when the filling let another small piece loose, I called for an appointment. No openings until tomorrow.
My guess is it will be a filling replacement followed by some support side bonding to stabilize the wobble. Or a cap. Or a root canal. Groan...

I hate going to any dentist. I get this sickening feeling in my gut, a conditioned response from having a not-so-nice dentist as a child. I know I have to go and get it over with. End of whine.

The good news? My current dentist is very skilled and very nice. :D

That West Virginia train ride would look a lot different this week, yes? All the snow that Sandy dumped in those canyons.
I've been peeling wallpaper off in my bathroom. What a mess. The steamer works best and it still leaves residue. I can't get to the wall behind toilet and sink. Will have to time the contractor between demo and reinstall. First time any one wants a contractor to show up. They will paint but will not deal with the wall paper.

That West Virginia train ride would look a lot different this week, yes? All the snow that Sandy dumped in those canyons.

We didn't really get very much snow here and only at the highest elevations. You can see snow on some of the distant mountains but we dodged most of the bad weather from that storm. The wind has removed most of the remaining leaves though!

FIL is moved to his new apartment, DW is staying there tonight to get him oriented. Surprisingly it took only about three hours to get the bulk of the items moved.

Still lots of details like getting his cable TV working and such but the heavy lifting part is done. Not to mention getting all the work done on the house to sell it. But at least he's out of there and won't be underfoot while the rest takes place. I'll be working on some of that the next few days, just taking a break from it now.

Spent the day elder-sitting. DW had her knee scoped for a torn meniscus and cartilage repair this morning and has slept the entire day.

Spent the day elder-sitting. DW had her knee scoped for a torn meniscus and cartilage repair this morning and has slept the entire day.
You're not calling your DW elderly...are you?
sSc_wowoh.gif

----------------------------

Slow day, so I measured my ponytail. It's sixteen inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom