what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it rained most of yesterday I just read some books and played with Photoshop.

Today is clear 'n sunny and after I take an older but still functional computer display and send it to my sister who just bought a new computer but without a display. Her current one is tiny. After that I'll go for a longish motorcycle ride or pressure wash the siding on the house. The ride sounds better.

I vote for the ride!

Tomorrow is our anniversary, so today we did our LBYM anniversary cards. We were in a Walgreens and we looked through the cards. I found one and so did she. We showed them to each other and said "this is the one I would have bought you". Then we put them back in the rack.

Tomorrow is our anniversary, so today we did our LBYM anniversary cards. We were in a Walgreens and we looked through the cards. I found one and so did she. We showed them to each other and said "this is the one I would have bought you". Then we put them back in the rack.

I love this. Happy Anniversary!

Good luck on quitting smoking Tailgate. I quit cold turkey 12/31/85. Hard candy and gum were my friends. I never want to smoke again.

Watched my 5 year old granddaughter, while my DD and her DH moved. I helped with the moving a little. DD and granddaughter lived with us for 13 mos and her DH lived with us for 9 mos. We are empty nestors again. Luckily, they are about 5 minutes away for now.

Went for a motorcycle ride. Trimmed the bushes in front of the house. Thought about putting down lawn fertilizer but that made me tired just thinking about it. So I'll do that when uh, well, later sometime, like next week. Yeah, next week sounds good.

Spent the day applying tile to the outside of a pizza oven I'm building on our new patio area. Probably not the best choice for my first serious tiling project but the tiles are still on a couple of hours later. Will seal it next and then apply epoxy grout to help with waterproofing the oven. Tiles are 2" tumbled travertine.

img_1352503_0_89af3d2ab02e2ced38cf93f1094bd42d.jpg

The oven is nearly done and spent the last week building small curing fires to drive the moisture out of the oven with the fires getting larger each day. Yesterday, the fire was hot enough to make pizza but didn't have all the fixings. I did have a ball of pizza dough in the freezer so made some pies, drizzled them with olive oil, added fresh garlic, some cheese and a bit of salt and pepper- boy did it turn out tasty. DW and I ate a couple of these (about 8" diameter) sitting on the patio fresh from the oven. They take about 3 minutes to cook.

img_1352503_1_ad7c2f73150bbf0736785bd0b8b73c64.jpg

Last edited:
I love this. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks.

We took the ferry over to Tangier Island today for the anniversary. Nice boat ride, walking around the quaint little town, and eating great crabcakes. It was a perfect day.

Lay off the high heels and find a signature go-to shade of red lipstick and buy it in bulk.

I took Bestwifeever's suggestion: So, this morning I shook off the high heels, put on my flip flops and went to the Army Navy surplus store and bought a signature go-to shade of red lipstick in bulk.

I am not sure why she suggested I do this, but I figured, "Well, Bestwifeever is a moderator and therefore she probably had a good reason.

I took Bestwifeever's suggestion: So, this morning I shook off the high heels, put on my flip flops and went to the Army Navy surplus store and bought a signature go-to shade of red lipstick in bulk.

I am not sure why she suggested I do this, but I figured, "Well, Bestwifeever is a moderator and therefore she probably had a good reason.

I like a moderate shade myself, obviously. :). I am sure the military surplus folks were glad to unload all the lipstick they could find. Don't use anything with a fuse, though.

Now I really am worried for your DD's future if you didn't pass along my excellent lbym tips to her. She might accidentally sign up for another college education without them.

I didn't know they sold red lipstick in bulk at the Army Navy surplus.

Have been away from the world for the past 5 days, at Woodhaven... Incommunicado... the blessed peace of the lake and the woods. Yesterday was busy. Took some neighbor kids for a trail ride on about 10 miles of the 17 miles of trails at the campsite. Some of the new trails are still a bit rough, with new road gravel, so it was a bit of a challenge, but the kids held up well, and I'm sure we all slept well last night.
Also, yesterday was Amboy Depot Days... with the car show that has grown to about 1000 cars. Took tons of pics... 60+ older Corvettes, and about 40 Vintage TBirds. Amboy Population 2416... There had to be 100,000 visitors over the weekend.
Now to catch up on news, email etc.

I like a moderate shade myself, obviously. :). I am sure the military surplus folks were glad to unload all the lipstick they could find. Don't use anything with a fuse, though.

Now I really am worried for your DD's future if you didn't pass along my excellent lbym tips to her. She might accidentally sign up for another college education without them.

Of course I didn't pass along your lbym tips to her. Your tips are just too weird. (Although, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to explain to her all the cartons of lipstick stacked up in the den).

Of course I didn't pass along your lbym tips to her. Your tips are just too weird. (Although, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to explain to her all the cartons of lipstick stacked up in the den).

You could you bring me a carton when you come to Florida . I love red lipstick !:)

Well, we were going to make a Goodwill run but then the skies opened up with more rain that either one wanted to go out in so scratch that until tomorrow. Pretty much on & off rain today so not really interested in being outside.

Played with the camera, tripod and some petunias on the back porch. I liked the first one so much I printed out an 8x10 and will put that on a wall.

Attachments

• Petunia-1.jpg
    Petunia-1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Petunia-2.jpg
    Petunia-2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Petunia-3.jpg
    Petunia-3.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Petunia-4.jpg
    Petunia-4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
Pretty exciting day so far. A few weeks ago I ordered a few pieces of teaware from a Czech potter and my order finally arrived this morning. With much anticipation, I waited for the post office to open so I could collect the package. The box was pretty banged up, so I hastily walked home to see if the teaware had made the transatlantic journey undamaged. And it had! What a relief. I really like this piece:

9615237241_9945c09478_c.jpg

The glaze looks like black leather after firing.

Last edited:
We went to the gym, worked out, and went to lunch. Then after stopping by Lowe's to pick up AC filters, we stopped by my house so that he could help me diagnose an annoying "squeak" from my stationary bike.

The location and cause of the squeak were almost impossible to pinpoint, and it gets louder the longer I ride, so I rode and rode and rode the bike for what seemed like quite a while as he listened and eventually pinned down this elusive squeak for me. I am worn out! But it will be worth it for a squeak free bike.

Had a huge deluge of rain yesterday, again last night. All the gullys are cleaned out.

Off for some Kayaking on the big lake, tomorrow go figure skating.

Next week my regular skating rink re opens for the season. Won't have to drive 30 miles for some ice time. Yay!

Since it rained most of yesterday I just read some books and played with Photoshop.

Today is clear 'n sunny and after I take an older but still functional computer display and send it to my sister who just bought a new computer but without a display. Her current one is tiny. After that I'll go for a longish motorcycle ride or pressure wash the siding on the house. The ride sounds better.

Have you ever used Lightroom? I am thinking about it.

Y'all live such interesting and exciting lives that I am jealous... Nice pics and fun activities.
Here's what I did today...
Spent an hour trying to add dictation 'ctrlq' to chrome. Sharing results here:
Shuksan fat chicks and ducks start sensor not fat chicks Nashua fat chicks and ducks to Cincinnati fat chick Nashua NH Cincinnati chicken statue in New Hampshire Cincinnati sandwich in New Hampshire okay to say so stop listening
Didn't understand my New Yawk accent.
:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom