what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like fun. Make sure not to park too close to the field...
+1

According to Google Earth our RV site is 80 yards beyond the left field fence...:)

Grandson's other grandmother learned that lesson the hard way last year. He hit a home run that landed on her windshield. :nonono:

Last edited:
Found out two of our grandsons will be participating in a huge (100+ teams already signed up) week-long baseball tournament in the Dallas area in late June. Dug around on the internet and found a city-run RV park adjoining one of the baseball park complexes hosting the tournament. Called and got reservations for the week plus an additional weekend - all for nine dollars a night!

Some city run campsites are extremely reasonable and well kept. Sounds like you'll have a busy week.

+1

According to Google Earth our RV site is 80 yards beyond the left field fence...:)

Grandson's other grandmother learned that lesson the hard way last year. He hit a home run that landed on her windshield. :nonono:
How sure are you about their accuracy? :)

JK. Hope you have a close call with your GS at bat.

After my medical scare last week I took this week off so decided to go hiking in the Grand Canyon. We did the Bright Angel Trail and between the physical exertion and gorgeous scenery I was feeling almost back to normal.

The downside, I had a work call I had to take today and right after the call my blood pressure was up again. I've put boundaries around the hours I will work but I may have to change jobs if I just can't handle being a part of this project.

I've started documenting my blood pressure daily so if I have to request a medical leave of absence I have the rational.

It sounds like burn-out. I have had jobs that were pressure-cookers, and I am glad that I decided to leave in both cases. You may be "too far gone" to be able to manage the stress. I hope you choose health first! And here's a nice spring bouquet to lift your spirits:flowers:

Gave blood: #191
Spent rest of day watching birds and websurfing.

Yesterday went with DW & sundry other relatives to a dance recital for DW's grandnieces ages 4 and 8. It only lasted about three days. Well, that's what it felt like. The clock said an hour and a half but it lied.

The things we do for love and to keep our photography gear budget intact.

Spent most of yesterday out of the house We went to the beach in the morning, saw a movie in the afternoon and then went to dinner.

A friend of mine wrote this song:

Thanks for your comment TromboneAl. Great Great song! Funny thing is I just now came in to check messages after doing my weights this morning. Trying to get back into a little running and strength training again, but it is MUCH HARDER than I remember! I have been sloughing off the past few years blaming it on w*rk, Now I don't have that excuse any more and am determined to get back into shape by the end of summer, yes with my DW's encouragement :cool:. Looking at the video, they are having so much fun, reminds me I got to get back into playing guitar again too!!!

Hey, ain't retirement fun!

Beautiful day today. Brewed a relaxing batch of beer and spent some time thinking about my trip to NYC last week. I took a few hours and visited the house I grew up in, way out on the southern edge of Brooklyn. Walking around the neighborhood, I was really struck by how small the houses were -- not at all the big houses in my mind's eye.

The other thing that surprised me was how many of the houses in the neighborhood were devastated by Sandy, the big storm. Some have already been torn down, but many more obviously will be demolished (big UNSAFE TO ENTER signs plastered on the doors by the city). Very sad.

As for my childhood home, it's in good shape (for that neighborhood). A 1,200 sf frame house my parents bought it for $10,000 in the late 40s, and sold for $25,000 about 25 years later. The most recent sale was six years ago, for $350,000, as the neighborhood went from blighted to desirable.

You beat me to it! The highest here has been in the 90s so far, and today is a nice, nice 81F.

We just came back from a run to HomeDepot to buy some plumbing hardware to go with the new countertop that will be installed on Thursday. Darn, there's something wrong when a kitchen faucet (not the one I bought) can cost as much or even more than a generic dishwasher! It does not make sense; these expensive faucets are not even gold-plated.

Last edited:
72° here, light wind, almost cloudless, nice day.

Gym day, cut the grass, went to a small car show in a parking lot to take some photos. The work that goes into restoring those cars is inspiring/amazing. But the results are "Wow!"

Lisa99-so glad to hear that you are doing okay. That had to be so scary! I hope that things work out well for you and that the people in charge change things or else that you do. Life is short and you don't want to make it any shorter!

Al, wow, what a yard sale find! I would love to have those headphones and have looked at them for years. I can't believe that someone was selling them for that price. DH and DD and her DH went out yard selling yesterday and I stayed home and played with my granddaughter. Maybe I should rethink this.

Also, thanks for posting the music video. I love those guys. I listened to it twice. It was funny and good music!

Lived through the first 100F day of the year. My thermometer says it's currently 101 outside...

We have yet to break 70 this year, and only a handful of days above 60. Today was a high of 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom