what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooooooOOOOOoooooooo....Happy Halloween!

I'm home tonight, looking for classic old B horror movies to watch. All of the "Halloween" movies are clogging up the usual old movie channels, so I settled for the 1968 classic "Night of the Living Dead". "House of Wax" with Vincent Price is scheduled to be on later, so I'll record it on my DVR.
I miss the classic Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolfman movies that were shown for years on Halloween night.

No trick or treaters came by tonight. I live on a high speed road so no surprise there. Mr B is gearing up for the day after Halloween candy sales tomorrow. He plans to hit the stores early to get the best leftover goodies. :LOL:

what did you do today?

I'll bet it was invigorating. Yeow!

After giving it due thought and consideration I think we'll pass on the heated toilet seat. There's something that doesn't "sit right" with the potential mixture of water and electricity, GFI outlet notwithstanding. Besides, DW said no.

Sounds like a great idea for our truck camper, though. We don't use a lot of heat at night, preferring to cuddle under the quilts.

Saw a toilet seat at Menards with a computer display. Never figured out exactly what it did....

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We went to a Halloween party last night . I went as a nurse( I knew I saved those scrubs for something ) & Gary went as my patient . I had him all bandaged up including scars ,fake blood ,& a sling . It was a fun time !

Sang at a memorial service this morning. Then lunch out at our favorite Chinese place and a few errands. I bought new 9 volt batteries and am about to change out all the ones in the smoke alarms.

I think I can smell it from here!
I can't access the recipe via the link. Would you PM it to me? I think DH would love it. ��

On it's way . . .

More prep work than I'm used to for crockpot cooking, but clearly evident in the final product, which was delicious and full of flavor.

Oh, and I roasted my own red peppers rather than relying on bottled. So easy, and so much more flavor.

On it's way . . .

More prep work than I'm used to for crockpot cooking, but clearly evident in the final product, which was delicious and full of flavor.

Oh, and I roasted my own red peppers rather than relying on bottled. So easy, and so much more flavor.

Thanks so much!

Rebuilt the carburetor and did a tune up on a close friend's 1600 cc Yamaha Road Star. Also installed a new battery and fuel filter. ;)

The weather was superb here in south Texas....34% humidity, 65 F, clear sky, no wind. I suppose if it was like this all the time, there would be 25 million people here.

It's been a busy few days - mostly coaching my 11 year olds for their robotics competition next Saturday. We had team meetings Friday, Sat and today. Plus team members are coming to work tomorrow, Wed, and next Friday. Hopefully they'll do at least as well as the last 2 years.

Also made banana bread this morning and have slow cooking ribs in the oven... The house smells divine.

And in my spare time - I processed the sugar pumpkin we'd decorated with Sharpie - it's now roasted/pureed and ready to turn into pie.

Also made banana bread this morning and have slow cooking ribs in the oven... The house smells divine.

And in my spare time - I processed the sugar pumpkin we'd decorated with Sharpie - it's now roasted/pureed and ready to turn into pie.

Precisely the activities at my house this weekend, minus the ribs. Fortunately, the pie was baked today, and we're about to sit down to eat some in a few minutes.

Ran 12 miles at the beach with friends, my last long training run for an upcoming half marathon. DH treated me to lunch at Panera (they have a very nice Mediterranean veggie sandwich), after which I treated him to an iced coffee. Returned home to R&R with wine and a book. Plus a nap. :blush:

Finished the day with a healthy, fab dinner of marinated, grilled chicken breast, a savory barley salad, and roasted Brussel sprouts drizzled with an aged balsamic vinegar. Pretty fine day!

Celebrated another year with my kids on Friday, with neighbors at the local Chinese restaurant yesterday, (staff sang "Zhu Ni Shenri Kuaile" for me).
Now, off to the lake, for a quiet day, all alone on the 1800 acres. Going to try a 15 mile bike ride on the trails. :dance:

Life is GOOD!

Yesterday I attended the Skate Canada International Gala. A great afternoon of figure skating and we had great seats close to the ice at a very reasonable cost. Videotaping was not permitted, and most of my photos are blurry because they move so fast, but here's Ashley Wagner (silver medalist) about to begin her performance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 15
Put down cat (16 and diabetic).
Uncatted for first time in 36 years.

418160_10150828758142925_530965177_n (2)

I usually click the "post reply" button bottom left below the last post. Then go to manage attachments and upload your photo file

When replying, move down to "manage attachments" and click. Click "choose file" and browse for the file and attach it. Then "submit reply"

Khan, sorry to learn of that.

While waiting at the gym for DW to finish up (her workout is slightly longer than mine) I asked one of the staff "Roughly what percentage of people who sign up for a year stop coming after two or three months?"

He said it was about 50% but didn't have hard data. He went on to say that a lot of it was that they didn't see the results they wanted soon enough, or something came up, not making the time available, things like that.

Still, it seemed a huge number to me. It's not the cheapest gym around ($58.50/month for both of us) but the staff are all highly trained, educated, and seem to be smart people. The gym is next to and affiliated with the local hospital. Equipment is very clean and well maintained, there is enough of it, and it is clearly not cheap stuff. And I'm too cheap to not be getting my nickel's worth so I'm there at least three times a week. (Whatever works, right?)

But for half of the people who commit to spending $351 a year in advance to just write it off seems like a huge number.

I'm sorry about your cat, Khan. I remember you mentioning an elderly cat before. It's hard to be cat free when you've always had someone who greeted you or just needed you. When we've parted with one we usually wait a few weeks or months and see if we want to take on a new one or just stay cat free for a while.

Our girl is 19.5 but she doesn't know she's old. She's carrying on well for her age but we think she may be deaf, or is it selective hearing?

I'm also sorry to hear about your cat, Khan. It is so hard to lose our pets.

Put down cat (16 and diabetic).
Uncatted for first time in 36 years.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It never gets any easier, no matter how many times we have to make that decision over the years. :(

Sorry about your cat, Khan. You must be quite lonely after all these years.

Had a great day Sunday in DFW with DS - spent the day at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race then dashed up to Frisco for the FCDallas MLS playoff game. Crossed two things off my bucket list, although I think I'll try to get to more races - totally different in person than on tv.

Slept on his sofa and headed home early for Monday yoga and then committee meeting. Tuesday our house gets termite treatment- goes with the territory down here.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Celebrated another year with my kids on Friday, with neighbors at the local Chinese restaurant yesterday, (staff sang "Zhu Ni Shenri Kuaile" for me).
Now, off to the lake, for a quiet day, all alone on the 1800 acres. Going to try a 15 mile bike ride on the trails. :dance:

Life is GOOD!
Happy Birthday Imoldernu

Khan - I'm sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom