what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, all my best to Walt for a speedy return to normal.

I spent the day fooling with cables behind my TV. I learned that my antenna cable does not like being near my HDMI cable one bit! after separating them, I have my OTA TV back.

First, all my best to Walt for a speedy return to normal.

Thanks, I'm hoping to have lunch at home tomorrow. Or at least dinner.

I spent the day fooling with cables behind my TV. I learned that my antenna cable does not like being near my HDMI cable one bit! after separating them, I have my OTA TV back.

I love simple solutions and will have to remember that one.

Walt..here's hoping you'll be having dinner at home tonight! :D

Seeing how today is Veteran's Day, I thought I would take advantage of some of the free deals that are out there.

I started by going to Starbuck's for a free coffee...then cruised over to Krispy Kreme for a free donut. Then, I went and had the car washed for free. I debated getting free haircut @ Great Clips, but I don't really need a haircut and I didn't want to "cheat" on my barber so I didn't get that one. After all that, lunch was in order so I had a free pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. After all that food, I took one of the dogs to the vet and then came on home. I did get a little nap in the middle of all that, so once the wife gets home, we will go have either Olive Garden or Chili's for dinner. Sure, there are lot's of "free" stuff to be had, but with the tips/drinks/gas, I've spent more money today than I have in a LONG TIME!!! :rolleyes:

Walt..here's hoping you'll be having dinner at home tonight! :D

Seeing how today is Veteran's Day, I thought I would take advantage of some of the free deals that are out there.

I started by going to Starbuck's for a free coffee...then cruised over to Krispy Kreme for a free donut. Then, I went and had the car washed for free. I debated getting free haircut @ Great Clips, but I don't really need a haircut and I didn't want to "cheat" on my barber so I didn't get that one. After all that, lunch was in order so I had a free pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. After all that food, I took one of the dogs to the vet and then came on home. I did get a little nap in the middle of all that, so once the wife gets home, we will go have either Olive Garden or Chili's for dinner. Sure, there are lot's of "free" stuff to be had, but with the tips/drinks/gas, I've spent more money today than I have in a LONG TIME!!! :rolleyes:

Four of us Viet Nam vets went to Denny's for breakfast, then to Hooters for lunch. Dinner maybe at Olive Garden as they have a freebe too.

So far, Hooters was the most fun....:D

Four of us Viet Nam vets went to Denny's for breakfast, then to Hooters for lunch. Dinner maybe at Olive Garden as they have a freebe too.

I thought about going to Hooters but...well, in all honesty, I am not a fan of the food so I didn't want to waste precious gut room!

Had lunch. At home!:dance::dance::dance:

Showered, took a three-hour nap, then went to pick up some new prescriptions.

Normal life resumes tomorrow.

Had lunch. At home!:dance::dance::dance:

Showered, took a three-hour nap, then went to pick up some new prescriptions.

Normal life resumes tomorrow.

Great to hear, Walt! ;)

On another note, my BIL is getting his new heart tonight! We just heard! Coming from a person between 18 - 30 years old. We are alternates on the post Op care. It should be interesting this Holiday season.

On another note, my BIL is getting his new heart tonight! We just heard! Coming from a person between 18 - 30 years old. We are alternates on the post Op care. It should be interesting this Holiday season.

Yeow, that's about as serious as it gets. Hope everything works out well for him & family.

Walt - I'm so glad to hear you are home.

My husband has had a-fib in the past. His was mostly when he was in high stress situations AND had had more than typical coffee consumption. Both occurrences he went to the hospital, but was released later that day.

His solution was to change jobs (the job he had was INCREDIBLY stressful and the project he was running was basically imploding.) That and he cut his coffee consumption. He's been able to stay off of beta blockers and some of the other pharma solutions they proposed. It's been more than 6 years since it happened and he's been fine.

His solution was to change jobs (the job he had was INCREDIBLY stressful and the project he was running was basically imploding.) That and he cut his coffee consumption. He's been able to stay off of beta blockers and some of the other pharma solutions they proposed. It's been more than 6 years since it happened and he's been fine.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot more optimistic about this. I'd really like to be off these prescriptions because of the risk of bleeding but a stroke is even worse. So maybe in a year or two I can be off them.

Wow...a lot going on with Walt and aja8888....best wishes to both you and your families. :flowers:

This morning I went to my doc for my six month checkup. Blood was drawn and a flu shot was given. This afternoon I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. I must be a glutton for punishment.

Last edited:
Khan

418160_10150828758142925_530965177_n.jpg

1998? - 2014

Last edited:
Spent the last 3 hours trying to fix the mess that my mortgage company and my home insurance company made.

Mortgage company never paid the home insurance renewal (claimed we didn't have an escrow acct, had to fax them documents showing we do and that they've taken money every month for it.)

Insurance company claims they faxed the renewal bill to the mortgage company 6 weeks ago.

Bottom line is that as of last Friday we have no insurance on our house. Thanks goodness I thought to check today to make sure mortgage company had paid it. When I learned they hadn't I had to have a new policy written and it won't go into effect until midnight tonight!

Now I'm fighting with the mortgage company trying to get back my payment they were supposed to have made!

What a mess.

Had that happen with a mortgage company a number of years ago. I paid the insurance myself, and then the escrow went down. They were 2 months late the first time, but the insurance company trusted them.

I got a free lunch at Chili's, 10% off at Lowes and 20% off at Bed Bath & Beyond. It was all stuff I was planning to buy anyway. I'm just grateful that they remember.

Last edited:
Gym day, no issues, but I felt the missed day. Doc had cleared that.

Changed the oil on the lawn mower, drained the fuel, ran it and everything else (2-strokes) dry. 20% chance of snow tomorrow. Put the snow thrower front & center in the shed. Sure hope we don't need it.

Today Started Early

Today started at 3:11 AM when some 21 year old plastic parts gave way and all the ceramic serving dishes ended up on the floor of the kitchen from a height of about 6 feet. The casualty rate was 87%.

Today, I replaced the plastic with metal.

Attachments

• IMG_7777.JPG
    IMG_7777.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 15
Gym day, no issues, but I felt the missed day. Doc had cleared that.

Changed the oil on the lawn mower, drained the fuel, ran it and everything else (2-strokes) dry. 20% chance of snow tomorrow. Put the snow thrower front & center in the shed. Sure hope we don't need it.

Sounds to me like you have a perfect excuse to not run it tomorrow, given that you just got out of the hospital. "Oh - - my heart!" :2funny:

Anyhow, if it was me I'd plan to spend tomorrow resting and being a couch potato with your DW at your beck and call, bringing you food and drink as needed and so on. This would be sensible especially since you worked out hard today already. :)

Today started at 3:11 AM when some 21 year old plastic parts gave way and all the ceramic serving dishes ended up on the floor of the kitchen from a height of about 6 feet. The casualty rate was 87%.

Today, I replaced the plastic with metal.

Oh no! :eek:

Thanks all.

Doc was just here and pending some further tests and review by the cardiologist I'll be released this evening or tomorrow morning. The condition itself isn't as bad as the possible complications because of blood clots forming and then being released, causing a stroke. So I'll be on some meds aimed at reducing the likelihood of that. But so far so good.

hang in there Walt... sorry you're having to go thru this crap

The crew gets there and as soon as I'm in the ambulance and they get the EKG hooked up its clear to them that I'm in atrial fibrillation.
My dad was in and out of A-Fib a lot. He finally went in for an ablation and that lasted a few years. Now he goes into it only occasionally. There were things that they tried before the ablation...hopefully those will work for you.

Anyhow, if it was me I'd plan to spend tomorrow resting and being a couch potato with your DW at your beck and call, bringing you food and drink as needed and so on. This would be sensible especially since you worked out hard today already. :)

Hey, I like that idea! Not so sure DW would fall for it though....:(

My dad was in and out of A-Fib a lot. He finally went in for an ablation and that lasted a few years. Now he goes into it only occasionally. There were things that they tried before the ablation...hopefully those will work for you.

So I'm hearing, that it is not all that uncommon. The scary part is the increased risk of stroke. That part I do not like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom