what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank goodness! It sounds like your PCP is doing all the right things (I'm not a medical person, but at least he is taking it seriously and doing tests to get more information). Sounds like you are in very good hands.

As for me, I paid my earnest money/deposit on the house, signed an amendment to my offer saying it was OK that they accepted it 1.5 hours past the deadline, went to lunch with F, came home and assembled 12 boxes, packed 3, and then ran out of tape. :banghead: That's OK, I should ease into this anyway so I don't overdo.

Thanks WR2, I think he is too. All I did this morning was drop a message with the nurse saying what happened and I did have a Thursday appointment for a physical that I thought we should change into this issue. Within 10 minutes she called back asking if I could be in today.

I went in 15 minutes early, she took me into a room immediately. She probably spend a good 15 minutes reviewing symptoms and pulse. Then did the EKG as she knew he'd want it.

When he came in there was complete focus on me. I know he was with me for close to 45 minutes.

Tonight I got my first resting rate under 90 since this started. I feel 50% better already.

Geeze when do you close assuming no inspection issues?

🐑

As for me, I paid my earnest money/deposit on the house, signed an amendment to my offer saying it was OK that they accepted it 1.5 hours past the deadline, went to lunch with F, came home and assembled 12 boxes, packed 3, and then ran out of tape. :banghead: That's OK, I should ease into this anyway so I don't overdo.
Hopefully your current place will be as easy to sell. So, does the new easy chair fit the new home well? :)

Thanks WR2, I think he is too. All I did this morning was drop a message with the nurse saying what happened and I did have a Thursday appointment for a physical that I thought we should change into this issue. Within 10 minutes she called back asking if I could be in today.

I went in 15 minutes early, she took me into a room immediately. She probably spend a good 15 minutes reviewing symptoms and pulse. Then did the EKG as she knew he'd want it.

When he came in there was complete focus on me. I know he was with me for close to 45 minutes.

Tonight I got my first resting rate under 90 since this started. I feel 50% better already.

Geeze when do you close assuming no inspection issues?

What a relief it must be to see your resting rate dropping back to where it normally used to be. Your PCP sounds wonderful - - I wish I had one that good! :D Spending 45 minutes focusing on you was smart, under the circumstances, to try to figure out what is going on.

Closing is scheduled before the end of the month, and I am hoping to move ASAP after that. Inspections are scheduled for Friday. Inspection issues would have to be gargantuan to mess up this deal, because I'm mostly buying location.

Hopefully your current place will be as easy to sell. So, does the new easy chair fit the new home well? :)

:D It is going to be front and center in my new den. and it is going to be wonderful. Already I enjoy it so much, and I know it will help to make my new house seem like home.

I already spoke to F about the fact that I want to move the chair myself, in my Venza, so that the movers won't have a chance to mess it up or tear its gorgeous burgundy Italian leather. He is doubtful but says he will help me, so I think I'll at least try to do that. If I can't move the chair, I'll at least move the ottoman.

W2R, no one has asked the most burning question about your move--mortgage or not?

Have you already scheduled the installation of a keypad entry lock on the door? I think you mentioned that was something you aspired to :)

W2R, no one has asked the most burning question about your move--mortgage or not?

Have you already scheduled the installation of a keypad entry lock on the door? I think you mentioned that was something you aspired to :)

The keypad entry lock on the door is the first on my list of things I'll need to do, to "make the house mine" (to use the phrase that people seem to use a lot). :D There are 20 things on that list, which I either enjoy in my present home, or would like. I get attached to where I live, so I made the list to prove to myself that the things I love about my present home, can be aspects of my new home as well.

As for mortgage, no, this is a cash offer. I have been hoarding cash with my dream house in mind for about a year or two now, so I'll only need to sell about $75K of mutual funds to do this. "Sell in May and Go Away" will be exactly what I plan to do. Then when my present house sells, I'll be able to replenish my portfolio. Luckily I have some wiggle room so I can do this, and I'll wait until my present house sells before doing any major upgrades or other optional expensive work on the new house.

Last edited:
As for mortgage, no, this is a cash offer. I have been hoarding cash with my dream house in mind for about a year or two now, so I'll only need to sell about $75K of mutual funds to do this. "Sell in May and Go Away" will be exactly what I plan to do.

W2R is a dirty market timer!!! :LOL:

Wow, you are selling when the market is at a high point. That just screams "Wheeee!" - and points out you really must lead a charmed life. :)

Wow, you are selling when the market is at a high point. That just screams "Wheeee!" - and points out you really must lead a charmed life. :)

Thanks for the warning ! I ran to Vanguard to skim off some gains before the market drop .

"Wheeee!!!", indeed! I'm such a DMT. :ROFLMAO: After I move, I plan to sell my present house and invest the proceeds. With any luck, by the time it sells the market will be in the summer doldrums... :2funny:

But either way, I'm going to be happy over there. His neighborhood is lots safer and more walkable than my present neighborhood. And of course, the closest place to walk will be his house. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm in the throes of moving myself. Another week and a half living among and out of boxes. Then, like you, "I'm going to be happy over there!"

Congratulations! I'm in the throes of moving myself. Another week and a half living among and out of boxes. Then, like you, "I'm going to be happy over there!"

Oh my!! Your move is getting really close! Today I am throwing out the worse of my stuff so that I don't have to pack it. I just threw out an entire trash bag full of old Mardi Gras beads. There will always be more, to be caught in the future. Also old clothes that I will never wear again, that are too worn out to donate. Every room in my house has boxes all over the place. I am hoping to be all packed and ready to move by the end of the month. This is harder work than I had remembered! :D

Good luck to you and I hope your move goes smoothly and that you love your new place! :D

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1430848872.015690.jpgWent to Wildseed Farm, east of Fredericksburg, TX.

I love this place!

T...watched a good youtube video on American clutter, as documented by university anthropologists:

I have seen that documentary. It is just astonishing the clutter that so many have. Yesterday we gathered up some more of ours to go out in Thursday's trash as I sure don't want to become one of "them":D.

MRG, glad to hear things are looking better for you and that your PCP is taking this seriously.

Went to visit an ALF this afternoon. While I was waiting, a older man with only one leg rolls up in a wheelchair. We start talking, mostly me asking questions about the facility, but I also asked about his leg. After a few minutes he looks up and asks how tall I am. So I answered, then he asks me to guess how tall he is. I fell for it, looked him over, and ventured a guess. He lifted his one leg and said "nope, I'm a foot and a half" and wheeled his way into the dining room with a smile from ear to ear.

View attachment 21617Went to Wildseed Farm, east of Fredericksburg, TX.

I love this place!

So do we - it's different every season. Nice folks, nice plants, and lots of cute stuff in the store. We're headed out that way on Saturday and if it's nice, we'll stop in - thanks for the reminder.

Today made some phone calls, went to Costco, made leftover steak into cheesesteaks for lunch, and then spent most of the afternoon working on a big volunteer project. Time for a glass of wine while I cook the halibut I bought at Costco for dinner. Yum - it's a splurge but I love halibut when it's in season.

Usual morning futzing before making more progress of replacing the spraying sprinkler heads with multi-line adjustable drip nozzles.

Ran out of 1/4" line and distribution heads - made a trip to Home Depot again to restock to knock out 16 more lines.

Had some left over home made chile for lunch, relaxed a bit.

Will be heading out later tonight to teach a martial arts class, then come home late to scrounge in the fridge for a snack before a shower and bed.

That amazing dream house is mine! That is to say, tonight the offer I made on my dream house was accepted by the seller. I am so pleased. :D This house is very similar to my present house, but with some upgrades that I wanted like a two car garage and a bigger shower.

The best part is that it is right next door to F's house. So, barring the unforeseen, we'll be next door neighbors soon. :D Our houses will be no more than 20 feet apart.

:dance: :clap: :dance:

That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you. It sounds like the perfect house and the perfect arrangement for you. Congratulations!

Reactions: W2R
Went to PCP. He's been my Dr. for 15 years with the same wonderful Nurse. To say they were surprised I was released with no meds to lower my resting heartrate is a huge understatement. He's waiting on all the bloodwork(different hospital than where he's at).

Another EKG to confirm what the nurse was hearing with my pulse rate.

I talked a lot about dehydration with both of them. They weren't near as convinced as the ER doc that was the cause.

So he gave me a script for diltiazem(a calcium channel blocker). I go back Thursday.

🐑

Glad to hear that your doctor is taking this seriously. It would be nice if it were dehydration, but if it isn't then need to do whatever is necessary.

Thanks Dreamer, it would be nice but I know at least it's not for lack of intake.

I chatted with my older sister today. She's kinda a surrogate mother to me. Her comment "baby brother you've always drank a lot of fluids, when I saw you last summer you drank more water than ever".

It was really nice chatting. We caught up on a lot of old and new items.

When we visted last summer she mentioned they had planned a trip to Estes Park for this year. Since then my wife and I spent 3 weeks out there. We absolutely love the town and the park was a slice of heaven for us. Contingent on my situation we have another trip in July, I was hoping we'd hit their date but we're off by a few weeks.

She and DH are going with his sister and DH. She mentioned the SIL/BIL were so excited to try some of CO. fine legal pot. I told her Estes has no shops(at least last year) as the town didn't want it. She almost howled laughing (she and DH have never tried it and don't care too), "well I'm not telling the other two they think there's a shop on every street corner of state." No sis, from what we saw if you didn't know to look for it, you'd ever know it was there.

I can't wait to hear how her trip goes.

🐑

In the morning we took an arboretum walk along a creek and went to a native plant sale. After that I donated several bags of clutter to the thrift shop, hopefully stuff others can use, and picked up a few gently used cookbooks and another mole mover to help stop the latest backyard excavations. For dinner we went out to our favorite Thai restaurant.

We've been in Shenandoah Valley this week to celebrate our DS's last finals week, then taking him to DC. He'll soon have two degrees.

I've been walking two miles minimum every morning. This morning(well yesterday) I hit the resort pool and swam 800 meters. Tomorrow I plan to do at least 1200. In the afternoon went to James Madison's home, Montpelier. Absolutely gorgeous.
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1430891843.584784.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1430891910.034064.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I have begun packing my things, with the objective of moving into my dream house in less than four weeks. So far I have packed 6 boxes and have assembled a dozen or two more. Also I now have at least six heavy trash bags filled with things that aren't worth donating, but which I do not want to move. So, they will go out with the trash.

After I quit packing last night, I thought i had pulled a muscle in my back while horsing around those heavy and cumbersome boxes full of books. But, miraculously it feels better this morning (and the boxes of books are neatly stacked in the hallway). The human body is amazing in its ability to repair itself, even at my age. Today I plan to pack something lighter, to take it easier on my back.

This is so exciting! Inspections of the new home will be on Friday, and with any luck I'll be moving around the first of June.

Last edited:
I have begun packing my things, with the objective of moving into my dream house in less than four weeks. So far I have packed 6 boxes and have assembled a dozen or two more. Also I now have at least six heavy trash bags filled with things that aren't worth donating, but which I do not want to move. So, they will go out with the trash.
One of the greatest benefits of moving is how easy it is to get rid of stuff you have accumulated.

After I quit packing last night, I thought i had pulled a muscle in my back while horsing around those heavy and cumbersome boxes full of books. But, miraculously it feels better this morning (and the boxes of books are neatly stacked in the hallway). The human body is amazing in its ability to repair itself, even at my age. Today I plan to pack something lighter, to take it easier on my back.
Pace yourself, especially around heavy boxes. It is too easy to strain the back even when you are in good shape.

This is so exciting! Inspections of the new home will be on Friday, and with any luck I'll be moving around the first of June.
Your excitement is contagious. :) When's the closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom