what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way out of the gym I noticed a small nail in the left rear tire of DW's car. It's in the part between the tread and sidewall so probably cannot be repaired - too much flexing goes on there. This probably means two new tires because the ones on there have sufficient mileage (28K) that the difference in tread depth would make it handle funny in a skid. Oh well, at least I found it before it went flat when DW was out by herself somewhere.

I have a small compressor in the garage so I'll pump it back up again tomorrow morning and take the car to the shop.

On the way out of the gym I noticed a small nail in the left rear tire of DW's car. It's in the part between the tread and sidewall so probably cannot be repaired - too much flexing goes on there. This probably means two new tires because the ones on there have sufficient mileage (28K) that the difference in tread depth would make it handle funny in a skid. Oh well, at least I found it before it went flat when DW was out by herself somewhere.

I have a small compressor in the garage so I'll pump it back up again tomorrow morning and take the car to the shop.

I got a nail in the side of the tread. Tire shop would not fix it, so I put a plug in it. It has been fine for a year plus now. I wouldn't plug a sidewall, but this seemed reasonable.

Relaxing Labor Day- son and girlfriend were here for the weekend and they headed for home after a late breakfast. Mostly hung around as it was well over 90 outside- watered the alpacas down to give them a nice break from the heat and DW found this in the barn. Must have been on the Hickory tree that is in the lot- she relocated him to another Hickory tree where he won't get trampled. Wikipedia says this is a Hickory Horned Devil caterpillar.

img_1632325_0_2a23f90e46e07526747d335b55028ddd.jpg

Did nothing of import on Labor Day.

Made sausage omelets topped with some home made Hatch NM green chile sauce for breakfast, piddled about, had to turn on the AC as it was hot, watched some tv, piddled about some more, and had a delicious dinner of fajitas.

Relaxing Labor Day- son and girlfriend were here for the weekend and they headed for home after a late breakfast. Mostly hung around as it was well over 90 outside- watered the alpacas down to give them a nice break from the heat and DW found this in the barn. Must have been on the Hickory tree that is in the lot- she relocated him to another Hickory tree where he won't get trampled. Wikipedia says this is a Hickory Horned Devil caterpillar.

img_1632455_0_2a23f90e46e07526747d335b55028ddd.jpg

Beautiful caterpillar. They change into Regal Moths, which are also beautiful. I had a bunch of Parsley Worms this year and I was looking forward to seeing all the Black Swallowtails they become. But the suckers ate so much parsley they died off before they metamorphosized, so it was a lose/lose. No parsley, no butterlies.

I got a nail in the side of the tread. Tire shop would not fix it, so I put a plug in it. It has been fine for a year plus now. I wouldn't plug a sidewall, but this seemed reasonable.

They wouldn't fix it, which I expected, and I'm not keen on DW driving around on an "iffy" tire so I bought a new one. At least it was only one. Thirty+ years ago I might have gone with the plug on my car only, but where we are now a new tire is an annoyance, not much of an expense.

They wouldn't fix it, which I expected, and I'm not keen on DW driving around on an "iffy" tire so I bought a new one. At least it was only one. Thirty+ years ago I might have gone with the plug on my car only, but where we are now a new tire is an annoyance, not much of an expense.
Good call. I'd have done the same for DW's car, but I'm a cheapskate at heart.

Got older son successfully launched for high school. Minor snafu with his schedule (no math) but that got resolved.

Morning chores, including towels and sheets - thought the washer developed a leak as water was on the floor, but couldn't find any leak with a 2nd smaller load (determined it was 'pilot error' in overloading the tub), researched bus schedules to downtown for jury duty next week, called Bicycle Warehouse in the hopes they had a record of our purchase of mountain bikes years ago (lent oldest DS at college my bike, it was stolen 2 days after he got there) - but no luck.

Tried to stay cool as it was beastly hot yesterday - broke down and turned on the AC.

Called some friends and planned out a bbq for this Sunday.

Went to my second free Jazz88 concert last night at San Diego City College Saville Theatre with DW. Had a great time, fantastic performance by Doug Webb (tenor sax)!

Tried to stay up for the first Stephen Colbert/Late Night show....nope...fell asleep.

what did you do today?

Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Got a bouquet and a card.
Went out and had prime rib and baked potato.

Happy belated birthday Khan, sounds like you had a very good celebratory meal!

Today I plan to finish my Medicare reading and go online to see about signing up. I'm going to shower, get dressed make a pot of coffee, burn a scented candle to try and make this a pleasant experience!

Last edited:
Went for a 3 mile walk.
Did 3 loads of laundry (clothesline broke while hanging 3rd load) DH repaired it.
Ran dishwasher.
Crown came off incisor. I heard it hit the floor, and it disappeared. DH got on floor and finally located it under stove; used long fish knife to retrieve it. I called the dentist, hope he can schedule tomorrow.

Well it's a good day, I took the Camaro out for a spin, read emails, took the dogs for walks, and messed with guys on the phone who claimed to be from Windows Support trying to get on my PC remotely, did this for about 30 minutes, got one of the supervisor too, then I explained to them they were full of sh!t and that I have been a Microsoft Systems Engineer for 18 years and an IT person for over 20. Then let the foul language commence, than hung up on them. Waiting for DW to come home from work and than out to dinner. I feel I have accomplish a lot today!!

Morning chores, including towels and sheets - thought the washer developed a leak as water was on the floor, but couldn't find any leak with a 2nd smaller load (determined it was 'pilot error' in overloading the tub), researched bus schedules to downtown for jury duty next week, called Bicycle Warehouse in the hopes they had a record of our purchase of mountain bikes years ago (lent oldest DS at college my bike, it was stolen 2 days after he got there) - but no luck.

Tried to stay cool as it was beastly hot yesterday - broke down and turned on the AC.

Called some friends and planned out a bbq for this Sunday.

Went to my second free Jazz88 concert last night at San Diego City College Saville Theatre with DW. Had a great time, fantastic performance by Doug Webb (tenor sax)!

Tried to stay up for the first Stephen Colbert/Late Night show....nope...fell asleep.

Must have been laundry day for our neck of the woods. I did sheets and towels also - and hung them on the lines.

You're not kidding about the heat - and we have no AC. Thank goodness we have new windows on 2/3's of the house - it hit 100 degrees in my relatively coastal spot. Only 82 in the house.

Took the Chihuahua in for dental surgery this morning. We were worried about the anesthesia since she died on the table when spayed back before we rescued her. But she came through pretty well, considering they pulled 11 teeth. She's pretty miserable right now, but hopefully healthier in the long run. Her breath was deadly before. We'll see how it is after she's recovered.

Did a treadmill cardio stress test. Gave it my best effort and got the heart rate up high enough to call it a good test. Felt a lot like when I was a runner... about 30 yeas ago! Reason for having the test was because when I was having annual physical a week earlier I mentioned having some chest pain from climbing steps a few times several weeks before. Felt like I should've kept my mouth shut about that, but I suppose best to wait until cardiologist follow up appointment to get the final results on stress test instead of second guessing.

I was at trial today. Fortunately, they found me not guilty.

The dentist called back and told me to be there at 9:30. Said I'd be there a little later. Traveled as fast as legally possible.
Dentist glued the crown back on.
He's a good dentist.

I was at trial today. Fortunately, they found me not guilty.

Hmmm. Guess "at trial" means you were not the client. How about your client?

Hmmm. Guess "at trial" means you were not the client. How about your client?

Actually, I am prosecuting and my client is the state, so it was a fine day for me. Not so good for the defendant.

Congratulations!

Closed on a condo yesterday. Actually, my brother signed, I was there for support. Then I spent the day with another brother, the one who will live there. Had lunch at Portillos, took some measurements, went back to DMs house to see which pieces of furniture will fit. Packed another box of stuff, this time old family photos.

I just got a call from Windows about my computer. I didn't feel like wasting my time to string them along and waste their time, so I used the opportunity to say a few words that I don't usually use.

Other than that I've been straightening up in the house and taking care of some yard work in preparation for BIL and his wife to visit. They arrive tonight and are staying with us for a week.

Put another batch of tomatoes in the dehydrater. Have done pretty well this year, quite a few tomatoes sliced & dried. Lots of apples right from our trees too, both dried and pie-ready in the freezer. And more taters to dig up yet. mmmmm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom