what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, spent the morning meeting with some folks from our local Arts Council about an artist co-op we're trying to start in the spring. Afternoon raking leaves at the river camp. Got them down below the embankment wall so if they blow, they should make it to the river. If not, next week we'll push them the rest of the way but I had enough leaves for the day.

img_1658763_0_99685938616041889e2e614d90750217.jpeg

...Afternoon raking leaves at the river camp. Got them down below the embankment wall so if they blow, they should make it to the river. If not, next week we'll push them the rest of the way but I had enough leaves for the day.
Put a match to it?

Went to the dentist to have a crown reglued.
He ground it down a bit so is no longer being hit by lower incisor.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Beautiful!

I was thinking of those mulching rider mowers... :) I have four big trees at my new home, but haven't raked at all. My lawn guy somehow takes care of all that for me. I think he just turns them into mulch as he mows.

I had already mowed and mulched twice but just too many to keep up with. The River bank is only 20 feet away so will move them over the bank most likely. That's what the people who owned the camp before us did with them. Many of the leaves are really large, from Sycamores and Maples that are over 3 feet in diameter.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I had already mowed and mulched twice but just too many to keep up with. The River bank is only 20 feet away so will move them over the bank most likely. That's what the people who owned the camp before us did with them. Many of the leaves are really large, from Sycamores and Maples that are over 3 feet in diameter.

Wow! That's big leaf! ;)

..Spent the day sweeping snow out of the house and plowing snow. Plowed one guy out of his lot. Pulled the kid's camp director out of a snow bank. Plowed into the darkness and finished the day by getting my plow truck very stuck a few feet from where I park it. :LOL:

Sounds like somebody had fun playing in the snow. That was nice helping your neighbors out.

Here's hoping tomorrow is not like today. I volunteered to follow Not-Quite Mrs. redduck to the auto repair place as she had backed into a Mercedes a few days ago. (It seems a woman was making a U-turn in front of our driveway as N-Q Mrs. r was backing out of the garage). Anyhow, as N-Q Mrs. r was ready to leave the collision place in her rented shiny black Camaro (she wanted a Jetta), I got ready to leave as well. I was parked in the repair place's lot and immediately backed into a parked BMW.

After that accident was reported to the insurance companies I went to Home Depot to return a trowel and cement-in-a can. The clerk asked me if I was returning the items because I didn't need them. I told her that I was returning them because I was over-matched by the items and had no idea how to use them. This caused the customers around me to kind of shuffle away. (They must have been in awe--especially when I explained that the trowel didn't come with directions). While I'm still talking to the clerk, N-Q Mrs. r calls me to say she's locked out of the house. The clerk hears the conversation and immediately gives me a refund.

Holy cow, that sure was a bad day. Hope today was better.

I obliged, even though my photos are so mediocre I was reluctant to share.

Thanks for posting the pics. I'll probably never get there and enjoy seeing everyone travel photos.

Cleaned out/reorganized my closet - one more of a page full of fall "to-dos" around the house now that we've lived here 5+ years. Sat outside in the sun after lunch - it's a beautiful day. Noticed that the dog is short-cutting a path through my parsley and broccoli plants so put up the tomato cage to deter him. Getting ready to head out on an hour-plus drive to a meeting for one of my volunteer gigs.

DH decided he didn't want to go out in the RV tomorrow as I had planned, so I think I'll clean out the garage and cross another item off my list.

Mowed the north [-]40[/-] 1.5 for what I hope is the last time this year.

Discovered the reason our internet was down wasn't due to the service provider (the usual culprit), our router is bad. :(

... Thanks for posting the pics. I'll probably never get there and enjoy seeing everyone travel photos.
Why not? It does not cost that much, compared to flying to exotic places like Seychelles or Saipan. I did not even bring my passport. And as Hawaii is part of the US, I even brought some beef jerky as snack (meat is a big no-no crossing international borders). In fact, the traveler in the adjacent seat in the flight from the US said that, being a Maui native, she always brings back lots of beef jerky as it is expensive in Hawaii. But I digress...

Today, we went on a raft excursion to Lanai. They also took us snorkeling and watching dolphins. I am just resting right now before thinking about what to do for dinner.

Some days, you just wish you had stayed in bed!

I followed your medical advice;) and stayed in bed all day. Well, I didn't stay in bed all day, but I didn't leave the house--except to go out to the mailbox. I know that it probably isn't obvious to most that you gave me medical advice;), but luckily, I can read between the lines (it's a gift). You just don't know whom you're going to run into on the internet.

Holy cow, that sure was a bad day. Hope today was better.

Thanks. Today was better.

what did you do today?

Changed some categories in Mint, assigned some transactions and looked at spending trend of the last few months. Doing stuff like this is fun to me. I bet there are many people on this forum who can relate :)

Last edited:
mowed my yard for the last time this season.
It is a nice 75 deg. day here in Austin, TX. but mowing in late Nov. is part of the price to pay for having these temps...
Now it's off to play on the playscape with the grandkids ;-)

Filled the car up with gas, pleasantly surprised to find it had dropped $0.15/gallon since last filling up locally, recent trip through Missouri kind of spoiled me for lower gas prices. Bought some bananas, milk, & potatoes while at the gas station/mini mart. Used coupons for 3 of the above items. :) Oh, and dropped off a letter at the post office.

Went to the gym, stopped by the doctor's office on the way back for an EKG. I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss results of that and other tests.

Spent most of yesterday and today trying to dig the plow truck out of the snow. Still couldn't pull it out with the Jeep. I arranged for a pull from the road grader tomorrow. If that doesn't do it, it may be stuck until spring. :(

Spent most of yesterday and today trying to dig the plow truck out of the snow. Still couldn't pull it out with the Jeep. I arranged for a pull from the road grader tomorrow. If that doesn't do it, it may be stuck until spring. :(

Tow truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Finally got around to staining the deck....

Looks pretty good if I say so myself....

Tow truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Wow! You got me thinking of the possibilities. Maybe a tow truck and the road grader! If the road grader can't do it, I may need to call a tow truck. I'm not sure he could get in here. Last year I had him out to haul the plow truck in when I broke the transfer case. He slid off the road trying to back in and had to winch himself out. Actually, the road grader has some serious weight plus it has chains on, and it is free! If it can't pull the truck out, it will probably do major damage to the bumper, which is attached to the frame. :facepalm:

Purchased a frozen goose for Thanksgiving.
Now have to figure out how to cook it (did such ~20 years ago).

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom