what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bite of breakfast after I got up and dressed, headed out to the coffee shop, stopped by our local museum to take a gander at the stuff they pulled out of a 50 year old time capsule.....some kinda neat & some kinda so-so. Came home for a few minutes and then headed out for the hobby shop 20 miles away....stopped by a little burger joint for lunch on the way there....visited with friends at the hobby shop and made a few purchases, then headed back home, but stopped by an old friend's house to visit him for a while.....hadn't seen him in about 10 years, but we picked up right where we left off....in those 10 years he lost his DW to cancer, he's undergone chemo (successfully!), he's had one knee replacement and is preparing to have the other one done.....he still a ball o' fire and just as happy as anyone I've ever met.

Finally got back home to chill out for a little bit, then headed over to the local Cajun restaurant in the next town over for dinner and to listen to, and visit with, a Creole band that was performing in their beer garden......great food & great music!

Now back home surfin' the 'net and watching RFD-TV on the tube.......snack time and bedtime are coming soon!
sleeping-smiley-005.gif

Got a late start this morning.....'cause I wanted to. Then spent several hours trying to track down what has been causing some serious static on one of our phone extensions. After swapping out phones, wires, even the answering machine....and a couple of trips to Radio Shack (here and also the next town over) to pick up and/or return parts and equipment, I finally tracked it down to the blasted DSL filter on that line. I had to make one last trip up to RS to grab a new one, and came home and installed it. Presto....all the static and scratching is history!

So anyway, when I drove over to the other RS 20 miles away, I took time to go to one of my all-time favorite restaurants for lunch! I had grilled mako shark with spicy pineapple chutney, fresh steamed veggies, a nice mixed greens salad with their homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and fresh baked bread with butter! Yum!

Then about 2 hours ago, I went down to my friend's carry-out restaurant and picked up a delicious deep-fried cod sandwich with mozzarella cheese, fries, and slaw! Another yummy meal.

So even though I p*ssed away most of the day with my telephone fiasco, at least I had some truly good eats, so the day wasn't a totally lost cause! :D

Not sure if I'm allowed to play since I'm still working, but...

Read the paper
Went out for breakfast with wife
Worked in woodshop
Watched football
Ate dinner (skipped lunch due to late breakfast)
played with dog
read ER forum

Pretty good day. :D

Not sure if I'm allowed to play since I'm still working, but...

Read the paper
Went out for breakfast with wife
Worked in woodshop
Watched football
Ate dinner (skipped lunch due to late breakfast)
played with dog
read ER forum

Pretty good day. :D

You call that work:confused:?

Well, unfortunately, I got quite a jump on the day...I woke up at 3:00AM. I think I was dreaming about finances--obviously a bad dream. This was the first time I've ever been awakened by a bad dream about money. Hope it's the last. I did once have a dream about Martha, but that's a story for another time.

i stimulated the economy...i went Halloween decoration shopping at the local Big Lots.

i bought squishy skulls with brains and blood inside that pop out of the eyes, big ugly spiders and a 3' spider web on a frame, a 21' white spider web in a bag, and LED ghosties and jack o' lanterns and a really cool Lady Juliet costume for myself.

in short, I HAD FUN!!!! :D

Went over to my friends and danced. This crappy market makes me need physical and social contact more than ever. We have a DVD from Argentina that teaches us a lot of lovely sequences.

I realized today that I have jettisoned most of the annoying tasks that I used to have. I drive so little that I almost never have to have my car serviced. If I need cleaning supplies or something, I just buy them at the supermarket. They cost a little more, but there is zero hassle. I haven't been inside a Costco for months. I don't even have much contact with idiots, except for the typical street life.

I don't have a wife so there is no Honey-Do list.

Only tough thing is this market which is making me feel stupid.

Ha

Wife coddled me since it's my birthday. I did almost nothing and loved it. :)
Well happy birthday to you! :D

I worked at my second volunteer job...the court. Handled insurance verifications and prepared warrants. I definitely did not make some people's day. :p

Came home, got domestic. Then a friend emailed some pics of him and his family to me. Been sketching for two hours. I'm almost blind.

I spent today eating pork. I think bear markets may stimulate the pork centers in the brain. I started with coffee and pork rinds dipped in salsa. Then peppered bacon for breakfast, then went out with a friend for andouille sausage with peppers and onion and bourbon on the side, and finished up with pulled pork for dinner and on and off since.

ha

I woke up at 10, drank coffee, visited a few boards, watch some daytime crap, get ready, and go to work at 3.
Then come home and sleep.....will spend the weekend at school learning the Chinese 5 elements. I'm so excited!

Well, unfortunately, I got quite a jump on the day...I woke up at 3:00AM. I think I was dreaming about finances--obviously a bad dream. This was the first time I've ever been awakened by a bad dream about money. Hope it's the last. I did once have a dream about Martha, but that's a story for another time.

I'm still in the w**kforce and regularly wake up at exactly 0300 with thoughts of w*rk - not sure which is worse, your dreams or mine.

Modern times

Bought groceries, gas and a flu shot (all at the same location).

Got up at 7 am, took the dog for a walk, bought coffee & a scone, back to the computer.

Worked my new freelance gig for three hours.

Exchanged a few whining and complaining emails and phone calls with family members.

Back to the computer for five more hours of work.

Now, watching TV, writing to you guys. ;) It's a wonderful world!

I did some tax planning and what-if strategizing about my 2008 tax and capital gain situation. I have some large LT realized gains, and some large unrealized losses from the last few weeks.

Trying got decide whether to try to do enough swapping to reduce my taxable gain, or just let it alone figuring we may never get such attractive rates again.

Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom