what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get in GREAT SHAPE if ya start WALKING the golf course.........:D

And carry a golf bag loaded down with my meds? Forget it.
img_772015_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

roundup_0000000000003352_image_01.jpg

Yesterday ran a bunch of errands, renew tags for the pickup, bought furnace air filters, washed the truck, and since it was warm (44 F) took the motorcycle out for some more practice.

Went to the golf course parking lot about a half mile away and practiced slow turns and figure eights, and got confident enough to lean it over far enough to scrape the left floorboard on the pavement. The floorboards have springs on them so they will lift up when that happens. This is a heavy bike (665 lbs dry) so more practice is in order. Brought it back home and put it in the shed since the weather will be too cold to ride for as far out as the forecast goes. DW was complaining that it takes too much room in the garage and admittedly it's a tight fit to get all three vehicles in there.

Today used the kerosene heater in the garage and detailed the truck. First claybar it, then wax, then a spray wax to get the swirls out, then detail brushes to get the wax out from around decals and door handles, etc. Almost six years old, and it looks like it was delivered yesterday! Next warm spell it's DW's car's turn.

Spent time at my second volunteer place...the court. I verify auto insurance coverage for the folks that had received citations and did not have proof of insurance when they were stopped. I found out that a person can screw up bad enough that they can't get insurance on their car but can be insured to protect other people's vehicles. I learn something new everyday....

This afternoon, just putzed around.

And carry a golf bag loaded down with my meds? Forget it.
img_772275_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

roundup_0000000000003352_image_01.jpg

Ok. However, I am saving a little extra for my retirement so I can purcahse overpriced beer from pretty cart girls, enabling me to walk.......:D

Yesterday I got out the snow-blower, for only the 2nd time this Winter, and cleared the sidewalks and driveway of 3.5" of very light, fluffy snow....even though it was still snowing at that time....at least it was a balmy 11° outside! I figured get the worst of it before the winds picked up, and made it into higher drifts. Went out a couple hours later when the clouds left & the sun came out, and swept off the 1/2" that fell after my snow-blowing trek....and also threw down a little "ice melt". This morning our sidewalks & driveway are clean & dry....unlike our all of our neighbors'! ;)

Later on today when it warms up a tad....above -10° maybe.....I'm going to venture out to the grocery store for milk & eggs, and hit the coffee shop. (It was -17° when I crawled outta bed at 9 a.m., sure glad I don't hafta get out early and go to work in this anymore!!! :D)

I guess I'll spend the day goofing off...again, and maybe get the Christmas tree and decoration taken down and stored away.....even though it's only 49 weeks 'til Christmas, and we usually put it up the day after Thanksgiving which is only 45 weeks from today! Heck, with it being that near, maybe I oughta just leave it up! :D

Yesterday I got out the snow-blower, for only the 2nd time this Winter, and cleared the sidewalks and driveway of 3.5" of very light, fluffy snow....even though it was still snowing at that time....at least it was a balmy 11° outside! I figured get the worst of it before the winds picked up, and made it into higher drifts. Went out a couple hours later when the clouds left & the sun came out, and swept off the 1/2" that fell after my snow-blowing trek....and also threw down a little "ice melt". This morning our sidewalks & driveway are clean & dry....unlike our all of our neighbors'! ;)

Later on today when it warms up a tad....above -10° maybe.....I'm going to venture out to the grocery store for milk & eggs, and hit the coffee shop. (It was -17° when I crawled outta bed at 9 a.m., sure glad I don't hafta get out early and go to work in this anymore!!! :D)

Next year, that'll be ME!! :D "ice melt" sounds like some good stuff to put down after snow removal. When I move to Missouri I'll be sure to look for it. I don't think I'll mind the cold one bit if I can sleep until 9:00 like you did, instead of getting up in the dark to scrape my windshield and head to work, like I did again this morning.

......if I can sleep until 9:00 like you did, instead of getting up in the dark.......like I did again this morning.

I've been told that it's dark early in the morning around here in the Winter....but you couldn't prove it by me! If it's dark out, I'm still in bed....just like God meant it to be! Asleep when dark....Awake when light.

The last time I got up while it was still dark and stayed up, was back on December 4th, when we got up at about 2 a.m., in order to get an early start on our trip to San Antonio. Otherwise, this kid doesn't see mornings until after sunrise!!! :D

Cleared off the 6" of snow that fell overnight. For the first time this winter cranked up the snow blower. Went to do the second of my twice weekly workouts. After that off to re-fuel at the diner.
Watched the Holder confirmation hearings via internet.

Then the honeydoo job of flipping the mattress.
angel.gif

Sun is out, about 11 degrees F, time to go outside to soak some rays. Gotta make make some vitamin D.
smiley.gif

...I don't think I'll mind the cold one bit if I can sleep until 9:00 like you did, instead of getting up in the dark to scrape my windshield and head to work, like I did again this morning.
chanting...buy...Buy...BUY...de-icer...De-icer...DE-ICER. ;)

believe it or not, every day since FIRE in 2007, i get up at 6:15 AM to make dh2b coffe, pack his snacks and lunch, and wave the little darlin' off to w*rk :D. I just stay up. Life is to be lived! :cool:
It is a whole different animal when you CHOOSE to be up early.
Not too much longer for you, just months now ?

I awoke this morning at 6AM to the sound of my neighbor scraping his windshield. It was a good day to not go to work.

I'm working up to going out to the bird feeder.

Last edited:
I am pleased to report that I did very little today.
2 loads laundry,
made dinner,
emailed and surfed here,
hung up on a credit card telemarketer asking too many Qs :D,
highlight of the day - bored my TDA rep, by email, with my buy and hold, low cost investing practices. but will he still try to sell me ETFs? :rolleyes:

chanting...buy...Buy...BUY...de-icer...De-icer...DE-ICER. ;)

believe it or not, every day since FIRE in 2007, i get up at 6:15 AM to make dh2b coffe, pack his snacks and lunch, and wave the little darlin' off to w*rk :D. I just stay up. Life is to be lived! :cool:
It is a whole different animal when you CHOOSE to be up early.
Not too much longer for you, just months now ?

November, if all goes as planned. I have a new signature line to keep everyone updated on that. :D

I'm waiting to buy de-icer until I move north, since today was probably my last windshield scraping in Louisiana. It seldom gets this cold, here. It will be cold tomorrow morning and the next, but I have those days off work and can sleep in.

Got an automated phone call from the CBC (community blood center) on reaching the '20 gallon' mark.

Got a phone call from the Credit Union relating to feedback from an online survey.

Got two wrong numbers for local fast food place (one digit off).

I'm working up to going out to the bird feeder.
Me too! I usually wait 'til just about sun-down, so the [-]little vultures[/-] birds are done feeding for the day, then I go out and fill the feeders....so I don't have to get up early and do it in the morning!

We went out about 1 p.m. to go for dinner, and then we went to the grocery store after that....it was all the way up to -8° at that time...woo-hoo!! Now except for filling the feeder. I'm in 'til tomorrow! :)

It's -11° right now, and dropping.....Brrrrr!

What ice? What snow? Enjoyed a nice 67 degrees today. Hiking, bicycle riding, grilling outdoors. Tomorrow's high will only be 52 - brrrrrr!

Audrey

Seattle is warm again. The problem here is darkness and wetness, not cold.

I have many reasons for being here, but my most climate happy place was when I lived at the beach in LA.

At that time anyway, it was close to perfect.

Oh yeah, what did I do today? Walked downtown and returned a sweater. I bought an olive one and a grey one. I asked a woman which she preferred-"Well, they both look good. The olive one accentuates your green eyes. The gray one, you gray hair. So I returned the gray one. :p

Ha

I hear cheap diesel talking...;)
Well...... We're just 250 miles or so from "home base" right now, but I tell ya - that cheap diesel has been really nice this winter while we made the trip from TX to GA and back! I've been experiencing "reverse" sticker shock! What? Only $150?!?!?!

LOL!

Audrey

I've been experiencing "reverse" sticker shock! What? Only $150?!?!?!
We're planning a trip to Washington state this summer and I'm hoping to experience some of that reverse pump price shock myself. But who knows what prices will be by then. Enjoy while you can...

Got two wrong numbers for local fast food place (one digit off).
You could just take their orders and tell them that their food will be ready in 15 minutes. A couple mistakes like that and they'll never call that number again...

We rode our bikes to another town, and had lunch at a biker bar. It takes big cajones to walk into a biker bar in spandex.

We got an order of chili to split (it was still too much to finish), and the proprietor just put a big bowl in the middle of the table. He told us that they have really big rats. I can't figure out if he didn't want our business, or he just wasn't smart.

Poor me...my housecleaner came today. $60 once a month for a top to bottom cleaning is very easy money to part with. :LOL:
I made sausage and spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. Oooh, the aromas.
Netflix movie on deck tonight - "A Righteous Kill", starring DeNiro and Pacino. Don't tell me the ending!

I went to work, got all excited about the work, and got everything DONE by 1 PM. I waited around for the biz dev guy to send the completed contract to me but heard nothing. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to look busy. I finally decided that the pain of trying look busy was just too much so I left at 4 PM to study for 3 hours. It's amazing, but working on hard finance problems turned out to be less painful than trying to look busy.

High today: 7F.

Put on several pounds of extra clothing and ventured out to fill bird feeder and get mail.

Realized I have run out of bacon and mushrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom