what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the landfill, I spied a set of metal shelves apparently in perfect shape. Was forbidden to get into the metal bin to "rescue" them, waah.

Reminds me of Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if you went to the dump and came back with more stuff than you brought".:)

Yesterday and tonight is the classroom part of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider class. Yawn. So far, nothing I didn't already know. They say the driving range part this weekend is more interesting.

Went for a 120-mile ride today, went to look at commercial-grade 33" walk behind lawn mowers (I mow a hill too steep to use a rider on) and blanched at the price - $2,900 for the smallest one. Sears sells one for about $1,100 on sale but I have serious doubts about the quality.

Then just kept riding, from Winchester, Va up Rt. 522 to wherever then told the GPS to plot a course for home. Found some back roads I'd never been on before.

Cooking marinated chicken on the grill now.

We had strong winds go through the area . The winds picked up my patio table which is very heavy and basically threw it down the steps of our deck and shattered the table top and bending the umbrella . So we have been spending our days picking up glass which was blown all over our property . Luckily no one was near the patio when it happened .

70F and sunny

Brought out the clothesline; made salads, listened to all the birds

Had a nice nap after returning from Maryland. Left on the 15th for attending Tea Parties, one in Greensburg PA, the county seat, then dove to Maryland to meet up with family, eight of us in the suburban made it to Annapolis for another Tea party. Though wet and rainy, both were well attended, good mix of all three political parties. Superb show of general displeasure with how the public's money is spent.

Visited with family for a day, pleasant 3 1/2 hour ride back home, only twice had to disengage cruise control. Nice weather forecast for tomorrow.

Was watching gorgeous sunset, viewed it out back from the swing with DW, while having a nice glass of vino.

Almost a replay of yesterday - exercise bike (4th time this week, short sessions), planted lettuce in window boxes, filled pots for watermelons, peppers, and tomatoes, folded laundry, goofed off.
59 degree high today :D but very windy. I survived. :cool:
Made homemade pizza on oven toasted submarine rolls by special request from dh2b. They were killer!

Got a call yesterday from the non-profit where I volunteered to offer chair massages....I am booked from 12-5, half hour sessions each. I also have three new paying clients next week in my new office. This visualizing stuff really does work!
I am up way too early today....but have school all day and then am going to a drumming meditation workshop.

As one of the new "kids" on the block, having just joined this group, I am rushing to go here do this and there to do that. I'll get used to the fact that I can slow down and worry about one thing at time now, "one of these days."
But, what led to me to this web sight was in doing an internet search on a Telephone bill charge by a third-party business. A previous posting had a similar experience.
What I've found, was very troubling to me. The FCC allows the major telcoms to act as collection agencies for these companies.
My phone bill, is always $31.00 a month. I use a cell phone, and the "home" number has voice-mail that I give to "other people" that I don't need to carry on conversations with. The April bill had a "one time set-up fee of $9.00" for services that I never heard of or requested. This would have gone without notice a few years ago when we used the phone on an everyday matter. Normally, I'd call and say there was a mistake and remove the charges, and it would be the end of story. But, this is the second time this has occurred in a six month period.
So, I've got to wonder how these companies are "targeting" me? The internet search for OAN SERVICES is a real eye-opener. It's my opinion that some of these companies exist only by adding services and hoping that maybe they can get away with it half the time. The rewards are better than "ROBBING A BANK". If you get caught, nothing happens, it was just a mistake!
I'm going to take the time and share my story with anyone who will listen. I have gone to the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, and the California Public Communications Commission.
For those who are reading this story, if you would like to read some of the stories that have lead me to this point, I used "GOOGLE" and did a search on OAN Services.
Perhaps some of you without knowing it was ripped off. Thanks for hearing me out. Again, if this was the first time, I could understand a mistake, but not twice in six months.

What a fun day yesterday. Went to my Alma Mater spring football game with several friends. Drove up in a nice motor home and boy, that is the way to travel. I can see why so many people here love their RV's. My buddy owns a Winnebago which runs in the neighborhood of 150k, but he pointed out some in the 350k to 1mil range that we tailgated next to. Sure are some heavy hitters out there. :eek: Glad I got to see how the other half live.

But it was great day. For lunch, I had some ribs washed down with a couple of meds. Then watched my MS State Bullie's beat KY in a baseball game. Then back for more meds before the spring football game. The great thing about spring football, you can't lose.;) Almost didn't make the trip as there was a 70% chance of rain. Only saw a few drops on the way home.:)

Ah, the weather was SO nice, thought I'd stop and smell the rose's... I'm tying to talk myself into going out for a walk with my dogs, but one is always trying to go left while the other goes right. The old saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks sure was right on the money. It's still early, so I still have time.

Ah, the weather was SO nice, thought I'd stop and smell the rose's... I'm tying to talk myself into going out for a walk with my dogs, but one is always trying to go left while the other goes right. The old saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks sure was right on the money. It's still early, so I still have time.

Take one dog for a walk and then the other. Twice the exercise. ;)

Made some tasty soup.
Watched a cold front move in.
Watched a woodchuck eat dandelions.
Saw a Northern Harrier check out the bird feeder.

Finished the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course today. Having previously owned a motorcycle 32 years ago and studied the heck out of Proficient Motorcycling beforehand I didn't learn much new from from the course, but it was interesting nonetheless. Of course I did pick up a few pointers, as one does in any class, even if you're qualified to teach it. Nobody knows it all.

I would highly recommend this course for anyone who has never ridden a motorcycle, or who is thinking about it. You get to ride their motorcycles (250 cc size) and at the end of the class - as the instructors emphasized - you will be qualified to ride a small motorcycle in a parking lot. But it will get you the motorcycle license in many if not most states. Cost here was $100 and I do not consider it wasted.

Then went for a ride and took some pictures from the top of a nearby mountain before the rain started.

Pleasant and interesting day at the hospital. Was called at 4 am to discuss a perplexing problem. To work at 0700h. Busy but not crazy busy, with several cases requiring Sherlock Holmes problem solving, discussions with families, finishing up with a nice (i.e. successful) resuscitation. The nurses are awesome!

On call now. Hope the beeper stays quiet so I can watch The Amazing Race!

:)

Went to work. Wait, it's not as bad as it sounds. Had the whole floor to myself and was able to study in quiet and concentrate for 3 hours. Then I hit the gym. What a concept to not have to drag yourself to the gym after a 12 hour work day. I feel the pleasantness of a productive day as I exercised my mind and body.

Reminds me of Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if you went to the dump and came back with more stuff than you brought".:)

That's right. I am so grateful to my county for its strong redneck-prevention regulations :LOL:

Weather, upper 90's
dogs zero basketball two,
iced tea, perfect
what a finish by Philly,
My Lakers did ok too.
everything else, well there's always tommorrow!

Yesterday...got dragged to Wallyworld :nonono: for lawn stuff. Went through sticker shock at the prices, even for them.
Stealth shopper online while dh2b diagnosed and replaced the hard drive on a friend's computer...I finished ordering presents for dh2b's upcoming 49th. He feels better about that cuz I'm slightly older. :rolleyes:
I watched for online sales for weeks and hit the jackpot with $17 dress shirts at Sears. Got some camisoles for myself for $3 each. :D
Did some yard w*rk with dh2b - he w*rked and I supervised and did the lighter stuff. ;)
Rain for next 3 days, so it's time to plant my baby watermelon and cucumber seeds in pots in my screened porch. Bareroot grapevines are happy :):):) in their temporary pot and awaiting right temps for garden planting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom