what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want2, six months sounds so close! You’re getting there.:flowers:

Today was one of the happiest days of my life. I got in line at city hall with some happy folks applying for marriage licenses and completed one last work-related errand; my commission expired and I turned in by books. Now if anyone wants to check my records, they have to go to city hall; I’m free, free, free!:D I’ve never been so happy to pay a $13 filing fee.

And here I thought you had succumbed to wedding bells !

Thanks, W2R and FB for the music. I never heard of the Eiffel 65 group until now. Went on youtube to look around, and found out that they were a very popular Italian group. The song "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" was an international hit and well known in the US too! I guess despite the title of the song, you wouldn't expect to find it in my gloomy music venues.

The song did lift my spirit. And I hope the tooth fairy will surprise us all with a DOW advance of 300 pts tomorrow.

PS. About my wife's cousin who died from a seemingly benign tooth infection, he went to his dentist for his recurring toothache. I do not know all the details, except that the dentist was alarmed and called an ambulance to take him straight to the hospital. Apparently, there were other symptoms of his deteriorating health that the dentist could detect immediately. They operated on his heart shortly, and he died after the surgery. As his death was totally unexpected, his wife of 50 years was very distressed. She kept asking how one could die from a tooth ache.

...The song did lift my spirit. And I hope the tooth fairy will surprise us all with a DOW advance of 300 pts tomorrow.
Mission accomplished! :D
The Blue song may bounce around in your head for a few days. :rolleyes:
Go tooth fairy! :LOL:
Tooth extractions are never fun. Hang in there and get losts of rest. :flowers:

Big j*b today - mowing the back 40 before the rains arrive later today.
Got my bug repellent sprayed straw hat, sunglasses and a John Deere STX-46 hydrostatic riding lawnmower with a brand new mower deck belt, all ready to go. :D
Snow shovels are put away for the season. Oops, I just jinxed myself. :(

A little while ago I took some pics of my friend's house and horses. Then I groomed the horses for a while...ahhhh...heaven. :) I got a chance to log on Steve's computer for a few minutes and check on the forum. Hi...I miss y'all! :greetings10:

Gonna listen to some tunes tonight and feast on wild game. "Wild Turkey" perhaps? :LOL: Will be going home this w.e.......maybe.....;)

A little while ago I took some pics of my friend's house and horses. Then I groomed the horses for a while...ahhhh...heaven. :) I got a chance to log on Steve's computer for a few minutes and check on the forum. Hi...I miss y'all! :greetings10:

Gonna listen to some tunes tonight and feast on wild game. "Wild Turkey" perhaps? :LOL: Will be going home this w.e.......maybe.....;)

Sounds like fun. Drinking Wild Turkey that is :)

Big j*b today - mowing the back 40 before the rains arrive later today.
Got my bug repellent sprayed straw hat, sunglasses and a John Deere STX-46 hydrostatic riding lawnmower with a brand new mower deck belt, all ready to go. :D
Snow shovels are put away for the season. Oops, I just jinxed myself. :(

Part II - oh I jinxed myself alright. My lawn tractor was running very rough and the throttle woud not respond. It ran just fine last week. So I checked the oil. I changed out the spark plug. I emptied the gas tank and put fresh gas in. I blew gunk out of the inline gas filter. I double checked all the electrical connections and ground. Still ran like hell.
I threatened it, using very colorful language. :mad: Still ran like hell.
So I consulted dh2b and he suggested getting a new gas filter. :facepalm:
That baby was soon purring like a kitten.
Freebird 10 Lawnmower 0.
Game MVP - dh2b

Today, I lost one of the things dear to me.

A molar, number 14 to be exact, to periodontal infection.

It was all my fault. I thought I had good teeth. Very few cavities, and no false teeth. Until now.

I have been neglecting the 6-month cleanings, and assumed that daily flossing, brushing, and using the Waterpik was enough. When an infection flared up a month ago, my dentist prescribed an antibiotic to stop the infection. Today, when I came back for a follow up, expecting a root canal procedure, he said the tooth couldn't be saved and that the infection would be recurring. Remembering that a cousin of my wife died due to a festering tooth infection that spread to his heart valves, I consented to have the tooth pulled. It was a strong tooth that did not come off easily during extraction.

After taking a nap, I am now up and just ate a light lunch. I feel a bit bluer than usual. Can't think of a sad song to appropriately mourn the loss of a molar. If someone knows one, please post it. It does not have to be in French either.

From the tooth fairy. Hope you feel better soon!

My lawn tractor was running very rough and the throttle woud not respond. It ran just fine last week. So I checked the oil. I changed out the spark plug. I emptied the gas tank and put fresh gas in. I blew gunk out of the inline gas filter. I double checked all the electrical connections and ground. Still ran like hell.
I threatened it, using very colorful language. :mad: Still ran like hell.
So I consulted dh2b and he suggested getting a new gas filter. :facepalm:
That baby was soon purring like a kitten.
Freebird 10 Lawnmower 0.

Maybe I should check my fuel filter

deere.jpg

Fogging for mosquitoes?

Yea I fogged the yard for about 10 minutes. The mosquitoes are still here though.

It happened after I changed the oil - put in Mobil 1 synthetic since it was all I had. The mower didnt like it. I changed to a cheap brand and now it runs fine.

Yea I fogged the yard for about 10 minutes. The mosquitoes are still here though.

It happened after I changed the oil - put in Mobil 1 synthetic since it was all I had. The mower didnt like it. I changed to a cheap brand and now it runs fine.

You have a LBYM mower. Just be careful it doesn't FIRE on you!

From the tooth fairy. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks.

It didn't really hurt that much. I was sad because my goal of keeping my natural teeth until I die has been shattered. Now, I get to study and debate the choice between a bridge or an implant.:(

Played golf today and it was a very pretty day. Starting to get warm though.

Heading to Tuscaloosa, AL tomorrow for my niece's graduation. Got a degree in nursing. She didn't do very well in high school, but she sure got her head screwed on when she made it to college. Wish her dad was still alive to see what she's accomplished.:(

Heading to Tuscaloosa, AL tomorrow for my niece's graduation. Got a degree in nursing. She didn't do very well in high school, but she sure got her head screwed on when she made it to college. Wish her dad was still alive to see what she's accomplished.:(

Congratulations to her and to you Dawg. I am sure having you as her involved uncle was a great comfort and strngth to her.

Ha

I know how you feel . I often wish my brother were alive to see his grandchildren . It makes so many happy events bittersweet .

Went on a walk in West Seattle today -- billed as 3 miles, turned out to be 6! And of course we went up the West Seattle Hill to get to the beach (rather than around). Great views of the city from this area, too bad I didn't bring the heavy camera.

I'm feeling the walk now. They say what doesn't kill 'ya, makes 'ya strong.

-- Rita

Attachments

• P5090019.jpg
    P5090019.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 6
Thinned my radishes. Said hello to my newly sprouted onions and peas. Harvested a small handful of tender fresh asparagus. Pulled a few weeds.
Raked out the grapevine bed and put down lawnscape fabric in the walkway between rows. Recruited the man to pound in the vertical support stakes for the grapevines. He's an excellent pounder. :whistle:
Went to Harbor Freight to look for support cable, and scored a set of 8 augering 30" metal stakes for $20. These will support the vertical posts.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4597423_build-grapevine-trellis.html
Hit a local Greek restaurant and pigged out on calamarika, beef and shrimp kabobs, rice pilaf and chocolate mouse for dessert. Colored with crayons on the white paper covering the tabletop. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom