what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played golf this morning for the first time in about 10 days. Played pretty good. Got to legally play from the senior tees as I am 55 today.:) Had some pizza and cake with mom so now time for a little golf on tv and then a nap. Looks like another storm about to brew outside.:(

Happy Birthday, Dawg52!! Playing golf was a perfect activity to celebrate and have fun today. Pizza and cake sounds pretty good, too. :)

Happy Birthday. 55, eh? May you see a 100; years old, that is, not on the par 72.

I went on a 60 mile bike ride with a friend who is a much stronger rider than I am. We rode through the Avenue of the Giants. DW came with us for the first 15 miles. For the last 30, I felt like I was going to puke.

img_840836_0_6aa8049b9082950186bf880d1d340cc1.jpg

Played golf this morning for the first time in about 10 days. Played pretty good. Got to legally play from the senior tees as I am 55 today.:) Had some pizza and cake with mom so now time for a little golf on tv and then a nap. Looks like another storm about to brew outside.:(

Right behind you, Dawg. Age-wise, that is; way behind on the golf score...

Finally got over my jet lag...I just returned from 2 wonderful weeks of a classic Mediterranean cruise. Gained some weight (oops :whistle:) and have a deep brown tan that will be the envy of my friends who've had nothing but rain.
I did a ton of laundry over the past 3 days. I'm going on strike for a while. :LOL:

I just got in from the Bushy Run Battlefield here in western PA. Once a year they have French and Indian War re-enactors set up encampments and replay the battle. It was a beautiful day and fun to talk to people who put on period performances just for the love of it.

In 100 days I will be retired, so tomorrow it is 99 which seems momentous somehow, due to the reduction in digits. :)

This morning I got the broken inside door handle of my Solara replaced at the Toyota dealership. Frank picked me up so that I didn't have to wait, and we went out to a local Cajun restaurant for lunch. The weather got a little wild after lunch so we hid out at his place until it was over. We talked happily about our dreams for ER while he worked on and played with some older ham radio gear. Then, off to a classic New Orleans Cajun/Italian place (Mandina's) for dinner. I love their shrimp creole and ate the whole thing.

Looked at a brand new Rav4 that I happened to see today in a parking lot. Sure looked nice!

Today I'm "officially" retired. Earlier this week, my hubby brought in the mail and announced, "Here's your LAST paycheck." For some reason, that made me feel a little weird.

I worked in the yard all day and I'm exhausted. Ugh. I need to take it easy now that I have plenty of time to get stuff done. :D

Today I'm "officially" retired. Earlier this week, my hubby brought in the mail and announced, "Here's your LAST paycheck." For some reason, that made me feel a little weird.

I worked in the yard all day and I'm exhausted. Ugh. I need to take it easy now that I have plenty of time to get stuff done. :D

Congratulations !

I'm working a 24 hour shift in the ICU. Very busy. It's midnight, and I am now eating lunch! Only 8 hours to go....

I'm working a 24 hour shift in the ICU. Very busy. It's midnight, and I am now eating lunch! Only 8 hours to go....

I just came back from a yard dance party that some young neighbors next door are having. All the young gals and old Ha doing the dancing; the guys standing by drinking. Mama mia I feel like Sylvester The Cat in the fish market.

Wow they are playing "Hit the Road Jack" now. I used to date a great woman during college; but I was too much of a jerk to realize it. We had a beach house and as the weekend drew to a close we would always play Old Ray singing that one because by then the women were mostly totally fed up with us and it gave them some emotional gratification for their feelings of frustration and annoyance.

I wish I could find her, I would let her take one of those soft plastic bats and beat the hell out of me. Of course she probably forgot me 40 years ago and would say, "What did you say your name was?"

Ha

I never understood why medical personnel are allowed/required to work such long shifts. If I came in with a life threatening injury I wouldn't want someone working on me when they haven't slept in 20+ hours. At my employer we aren't allowed to work more than 12 straight hours because we're working with machinery and that would be a safety hazard.

I never understood why medical personnel are allowed/required to work such long shifts. If I came in with a life threatening injury I wouldn't want someone working on me when they haven't slept in 20+ hours. At my employer we aren't allowed to work more than 12 straight hours because we're working with machinery and that would be a safety hazard.

I've always thought that too. I know how competent I am with no sleep for 24 hours - not very. Where I am working now we are also not allowed to work more than 12 hours - armed security.

Anyway, back to the thread... today we're going to a wedding that is planned to be outside. Hope they have a "plan B" since its pouring rain now and supposed to be all day.

We went to a wedding last week that was supposed to be outside and the timing was perfect. The minute the bride began walking down the aisle the big fat raindrops began to fall. They had to abort and move everyone inside to start over.

I just came back from a yard dance party that some young neighbors next door are having. All the young gals and old Ha doing the dancing; the guys standing by drinking. Mama mia I feel like Sylvester The Cat in the fish market.
Ha

Doesn't hurt to know how to dance, does it? I did a dance showcase yesterday. I just did a Salsa, but couldn't participate in the Tango, Foxtrot, Waltz, Swing, you get the picture, so Monday I'm signing up for the full on dance lesson package to make sure that I can dance all the dances. :)

The planets have realigned...no more getting ready for the trip, did I forget to call this one or do that yet, and dh2b is back to w*rk so I have the kingdom all to myself :LOL:.
So what shall I do today? Not a darn thing. :cool:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations!
Did you celebrate in any special way? :cool:

DW is off on her trip to Sweden to visit her parents. She left Sunday afternoon, she'll arrive sometime Tuesday! That's the main reason I didn't go.

When she's gone I tend to stay up later and later each night. Can't make myself stop reading or watching a video. Last night I watched Alien Resurrected (terrible) and Bowfinger (great). I had to watch the part where the guy's arm falls off twice, because the first time I was laughing so hard that the tears made it impossible for me to see the TV.

23rd wedding anniversary yesterday.

We also celebrated the passage of Tropical Storm Lana with 6-8 feet of south shore surf.

Today is our kid's first day of 12th grade. 377 days until college!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom