what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to lunch at the Gulf View cafe on the beach . What a gorgeous day ! Clear sky,blue water ,small waves sometimes I really like Florida and today was one of those days .

Amazed at my ability to fritter away time.

Got up around 9 am:D. Love the luxury. Was raining for 3d or 4th day now. Had to pass on my morning walk. So did some stretches, some breathing exercises, hung upside down on my tilt table. While having breakfest, looking outside watched the squirrels play grab a$$, the birds, the cat inspecting the yard.

Then checked the internet version of the mass media, blogs for the latest rumors, bs, lies, pontifications, and catch up on current mayhem.

Finally on the forum, after making some wise comments then some hopefully useful ones, I realized it is now past 1 PM.

Shoot, it is time to get dressed and get on down to the greasy spoon for some good old fashioned in person reminiscing, gossip and derision of all that we codgers and curmudgeons disagree with. Bye for now.

Relaxed today....after working 10-8 two days in a row. I have been blessed with some great opportunities to learn some boundary setting.
Had lunch with a good friend, did a session,....going to a mtg later.

This thread is where I come for my daily dose of envy.... one day, my time will come.

Seriously, this thread is where I come to motivate myself to save more, invest smarter, and to look ahead at what my life could be WITHOUT WORK. Love reading this stuff... :)

I had a much better day today than yesterday.
Yesterday was one of those dreaded "Type A Returns" (TAR) days where I was very restless mentally and started feeling bored and was having trouble focusing on simple things and was feeling weird about always goofing off and felt out of sorts and...:rolleyes:...my mind was messing with me.
I finally settled on reading The Pirate and The Puritan, a good pulpy swashbuckler romance book :LOL: I recently downloaded from the Kindle store.

The good news is these TAR days are more and more infrequent. :D
By contrast, plain old Chinese buffet with 10 friends today was downright fun.

You are welcome Sea Kayaker. Your day will come.

Worked at the court this a.m. Found four rotten people out of 25. Had to do some shopping because DH's friend came from AR today to help him work on the house the next couple of days (and talk about motorcycles and guitars). Did a little cleaning around the house, updated our financial spreadsheet, marinade pork steaks, made potato salad and garlic bread. Served the fellows a bit later. Cleaned up the kitchen. Sat down for a few minutes. Then served the guys cake and coffee. I just got through making eight sausage and biscuits for them to chow down on in the a.m. 'Cause I don't think I'll be able to get up early tomorrow...:p

Right. I did buy a new rubbermaid cart for $49, but it doesn't seem as tough as the old one. Plastic is thinner for one thing. We'll see.

The new cart seems to have cup holders. How nice!

up early to catch a flight to NC to see my DD... four days off to practice ER...

Off work yesterday and today, grocery store in the am, mowed the "back 40" in the pm. Checked the weather radar, no rain as forecast in sight, went for a motorcycle ride for an hour. Today is supposed to be clear so after about 10:00 am I'll be on the bike for the rest of the day.

Put off pressure washing the mold off the front porch until next week when I'll be working in the pm.

Seriously, this thread is where I come to motivate myself to save more, invest smarter, and to look ahead at what my life could be WITHOUT WORK. Love reading this stuff...

I think I will do my annual cleaning of the dishwasher today. Get the accumulated gunk out of the various holes and crannies.

Laundry, cooking meatballs in homemade sauce, Sudoku online :D,
and getting ready to revamp dh2b's resume for an internal promotion opportunity. I'm figuring out what my "fee" should be ;) for even looking at this resume stuff. :yuk:
Chilly and cloudy here, so my days on the screened porch outside are numbered. :(

Plumber came over and checked out the boiler, had heat on today.
Next week: cat annual check and my flu shot
Gizzards for supper

Sudoku online :D,

Ah!! I have won a convert. The USAToday Sudoku are especially fun first thing in the morning, with coffee. :D

Frank took me to lunch today, and we have been e-mailing back and forth now and then, but other than that I have done very little. I have to work next week, :yuk: so I might as well enjoy my leisure time while I have it.

Ah!! I have won a convert. The USAToday Sudoku are especially fun first thing in the morning, with coffee. :D
Yuppers. I'm doing the USAToday version at the link you posted. I like Sudoku with pencil and paper, but online is even cooler. No erasing! :clap:
I got stumped today after whipping through 3 puzzles, 3 days straight. My mind just couldn't continue solving it. :confused:
I saved it and the battle restarts early tomorrow AM. :bat:

Grilled some chicken marinated in Italian salad dressing in the AM for meals later in the week.

Then went for a long motorcycle ride through some back roads to Mercersburg, PA and then to Greencastle, Pa. Ended up in downtown Hagerstown, MD and got lost, was hungry and getting a little tired so I gave up and plugged in the GPS and punched in "Home, James". Ate lunch, then went back out through Shepherdstown, WV through Sharpsburg, MD to Boonsboro, MD. There's a neat, very steep road that goes straight up what passes for a mountain around here. You folks out west would call it a hill. That comes out on MD Rt. 40 and rode into Frederick, MD. Went down the "Golden Mile" composed of store after store after store.

I wanted to keep going but was getting tired and riding a motorcycle when tired is not conducive to longevity so I headed back home, ate some of the chicken, had a couple glasses of wine on the back porch.

DW is on pins & needles waiting for her nephew's wife to deliver baby #2 any day now. Every time the phone rings she shouts "I'll get it!" and literally sprints for the phone. Must be a "female thing" I'll never understand.

Yesterday I took a short drive up the shore to my favorite smoked fish place and bought two smoked herrings. Nummy.

Cleaned the house, I have someone looking at it today. Because the looker is a single guy I hid away the baby stuff. :) Kind of a crappy day to show the house, dark, windy and cold. Wet dead leaves are blowing all over the parking area and no way to clean it up.

Yesterday I took a short drive up the shore to my favorite smoked fish place and bought two smoked herrings. Nummy.

Cleaned the house, I have someone looking at it today. Because the looker is a single guy I hid away the baby stuff. :) Kind of a crappy day to show the house, dark, windy and cold. Wet dead leaves are blowing all over the parking area and no way to clean it up.

Sometimes houses seem more cozy and appealing on dark, windy, cold days. At least, they do to me. Turn on all the lights if you still have a chance to do that! Good luck. :flowers:

Drinking coffee, catching up on phone calls, and surfing the net!
Going to get the car serviced and winterized.
Going to go out for dinner and some shopping with my bf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom