what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my 3rd straight day of golf today! Amazing considering I couldn't play for 3 straight frigging weeks prior to this. But all good things must come to an end. Rain tonight, tomorrow and temps drop again. :( So tomorrow will be a good day to just drink some eggnog and watch a couple of movies. Might even let the mutt snuggle up next to me on the sofa. Tough life, but somebody's got to do it.;)

Watched the rain melting the snow away! Yes!!! Then went for a coffee run! Came home and fiddled around out in the yard and gardens....scratching a few design changes out in the snow (what's left of it anyway) with a broom handle, to get an idea of how things will eventually look when I get going in the Spring (which is only 87 days away!).

Ate supper, then kicked back in the lazyboy with my favorite landscape idea book and a favorite plant catalog to garner a few more ideas. Winter is already 2 days old and Spring is quickly approaching and will be here before I know it....gotta hurry and get my plans firmed up! :flowers:

... to get an idea of how things will eventually look when I get going in the Spring (which is only 87 days away!).

I have to say that these count-downs to spring are starting to make me happy! :D I am also planning to do some landscape "renovations" this spring and am eager to start. Too much snow here for my taste, but knowing that spring is on its way keeps me going.

Today, SO gets off work early. When he gets home we are going to the library to stock up on books (since due to the holiday, they'll be closed until Monday). Then we have an early dinner reservation at a nice seafood restaurant (nicer than our usual sandwich place). After dinner I'm hoping to drive around and look at decorations.

Slept late and got up to a fresh cup of coffee served to me by DH. :) Later he said he wanted to learn how to make cornbread dressing. :eek: I sat at the kitchen table and 'orchestrated' while he did the cooking. He also baked a pie AND cleaned up all the dirty dishes and countertops.
This is the first time in 32 years he has done anything like this.
sSc_thud.gif

I'm either dreaming or Christmas miracles really do happen. :blink:

.....shhhhhh, don't wake me.....;)

This is the first time in 32 years he has done anything like this.
sSc_thud.gif

I'm either dreaming or Christmas miracles really do happen. :blink:

.....shhhhhh, don't wake me.....;)

Let me guess...

He is thinking about upgrading to a bigger and badder hog. :confused:

Oops, my bad. :flowers:

It is Xmas time, yet why was I so mean thinking? :facepalm:

He might be thinking of all the work you did by yourself on the remodeling, and was making amends :flowers: :flowers:

It is Xmas time, yet why was I so mean thinking? :facepalm:

He might be thinking of all the work you did by yourself on the remodeling, and was making amends :flowers: :flowers:
Ahhh...you weren't mean thinking at all darlin'. You made me laugh out loud! :D

Merry Christmas NW-Bound......
sSp_christmas.gif
.....:greetings10:

Our new La-Z-Boy recliners came today, ending a long saga of LBYM failure.

It all started when I saw a pair of La-Z-Boy recliners at a garage sale. So we bought them and gave away our aging couch. But it turned out the recliners had a musty smell, and I couldn't get rid of it. I won't bore you with the additional craigslist recliner and couch purchases, but we finally gave up, and ordered new fancy recliners. We had to wait almost two months for delivery, during which time we sat in camping chairs or on the floor.

The new recliners are super comfortable and perfect for napping.

Let me guess...

He is thinking about upgrading to a bigger and badder hog. :confused:

Oops, my bad. :flowers:
Well, make it my bad too. :LOL:

Always beware of Greeks bearing gifts...there's always a Trojan involved. :cool:

Sounds like the retired husband is settling in quite nicely. Never interfere with a man at the dishasher or washing machine or in the kitchen...NEVER EVER.

Baking, a little cooking then load the car and off to visit some friends and relatives with goodies in hand. Hope we don't get freezing rain. Merry Christmas everyone!
:)

Merry Christmas! We are headed off to Frank's stepmother's house in a couple of hours to spend Christmas with family. Lots of little neices and nephews (ages 1-18) running about and tearing open presents, and so on. They will be well hyped on sugar. We are the designated "Bringers of Do-nuts and Pastries" for breakfast so we have a half dozen or so boxes of that kind of stuff to transport, and we will be the first there.

Dinner with family last night was wonderful. I can hardly believe how the children have grown in just one year! :) And the restaurant owners were especially attentive, probably because the families have been so close for generations.

Merry Christmas all and to those who don't celebrate it.. .Happy Holidays to you!

Here is to hoping this is the last Christmas I spend in this house ...

I started the day with a perfect egg nog (and it's low carb):

1 cup half and half
.25 cup egg beaters (to avoid salmonella)
2 teaspoons of this.
Dash of nutmeg

Martha, if it will help the transition I'm sure someone will volunteer to will call you in the middle of the night to tell you the basement toilet overflowed. :)

You had a beautiful house Martha. I'm sure you had some wonderful years there and some good memories that you can take with you.

I was in some one's house once and they had drawings of all their past houses . I think this is a great idea especially for someone who is sentimental about their houses (like me and probably you Martha ). Beautiful house Martha !

Today I got up at about 9:30, had a couple of scrambled eggs topped with cheddar on a couple of English muffins, then tore into the presents....a nice shirt (that I picked out), some DVDs, a few garden ornaments, and candy (Skittles, M&Ms, and cherry Twizzlers). Then gathered up all of the used wrapping paper and stuffed it in a paper sack, and tossed it out onto compost pile....since it's only 85 days 'til Spring, and I'll be needin' all the compost I can get my grubby little mitts on!

I had a nice chat with the neighbor while I was out by the compost pile. Then came in and got ready to go to the Masonic Lodge for Christmas dinner, where we had good food and good fellowship with a lot of old friends and acquaintances!!! Now it's time to kick back and relax the rest of the day!

Merry Christmas to all!!!
goon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom