what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice simple day...Fed the birds and enjoyed the sunshine!:)

But, how many days until spring? :)

I enjoy seeing your countdowns on your various posts. It makes me happy just knowin' that spring is on the way!

We got some of those "Notice of Changes toYour Credit Card Agreement" letters, chock full of 6 point fine print. You know, the ones that you normally toss in the trash?

I read the damned things, as I know about the coming changes (effective in March, as I recall) that will make it harder for the CC companies to engage in fun and games. They are rushing out exciting new enhancements to the cards ahead of the March deadline.

We have some store credit cards, whose particular enhancements include removing the maximum rate cap :eek: and charging a $1 fee for providing a statement. (Here's your bill, plus a dollar for the bill... Thanks for paying the bill, you owe us another dollar... :nonono: ) We also 'agree' to use an arbitrator of their choice, and waive right to trial by jury...

captions03211.jpg

So, I wrote a stack of letters to cancel the cards, included sliced up plastic, and posted them. I'll get a temporary hit on my credit score (not much, as these were low limit store cards), and the satisfaction of knowing these folks won't be getting more of my money.

The nice thing about retirement is having the time to take care of the little things in life...

Helped dh2b clear 6 inches of fresh light fluffy snow off the steps and back deck, with single digit temps making my legs cold. Nice little w*rkout for me. :D
Picked up some snowmobile parts and had coffee with a friend.
Lake effect snow warnings :( still in effect but all heavy accumulations are staying to the north. Whew! :whistle:

Helped dh2b clear 6 inches of fresh light fluffy snow off the steps and back deck, with single digit temps making my legs cold. Nice little w*rkout for me. :D
Picked up some snowmobile parts and had coffee with a friend.
Lake effect snow warnings :( still in effect but all heavy accumulations are staying to the north. Whew! :whistle:

Had some of the same experience with the fluffy stuff at 44.2 deg N. in VT. Are you anywhere near the (former) Lake Champlain Bridge?

Had some of the same experience with the fluffy stuff at 44.2 deg N. in VT. Are you anywhere near the (former) Lake Champlain Bridge?
Nope, I'm due SE of Oswego on Lake Ontario.
When the prevailing NW winds blow, and you see that well defined narrow band of lake effect forming, I'm at the very tail end of it. Whew! :whistle:
A true west wind takes it all just north of me on the Tug Hill Plateau, where a few days' snowfall is measured in feet. :greetings10:

Today DH and I attended his mother's funeral. Very sad day in the Purron household. We love her very much.

Good thing I goofed off all day Monday, and just fed the birds and enjoyed the sunshine, 'cause I was busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest yesterday! I got together with a bunch of old friends up in the northwest 'burbs of Chicago yesterday. We hit a bunch of hobby shops all over the area up that way, then had a yummy lunch at an Italian restaurant. After lunch we hit a few more hobby shops, and ended our hobby shop blitz by having dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ!!!

Good friends...Good food....and a huge passel of goodies from all of the hobby shops, 221 miles, 12 full hours!!! Oh...and a bunch more 'reward points' on my CC!!!

Today was much slower paced....breakfast out with Mom....lunch out with a couple former coworkers....supper out with Mom. In between meals I sorted through all my treasures from yesterday's trip, and also squeezed in a nap!

Now I'm headin' out for coffee...then back home to hit the pillows!

But, how many days until spring? :)

I enjoy seeing your countdowns on your various posts. It makes me happy just knowin' that spring is on the way!

Ooooops! How'd I forget to include that.....must be slippin'!

Hey.....it's only 80 days 'til Spring! Haha! :flowers:

DH and I volunteered at a local Habitat for Humanity house today. The house is basically done so we were the part of the "finishing touches" crew. Spent 7.5 hours helping to finish the landscaping, sweep out everything, clean up the bathrooms, and mop 1100 square feet of tile. Had DH run to get the Floor Mate out of our storage locker while I started with the sponge mop. Really glad we didn't sell it prior to the move.

The foreman was glad to get more two hard workers because he said he had to finish today and wasn't leaving until everything was done. He needed us because two of his three high school volunteers spent about 10 minutes of every hour actually doing any work. One of the kids was telling DH how he almost aced the SAT. Maybe a smart kid but a pathetic worker. I'll take a hard worker any day.

I'm so sorry Purron. :( I saw a pic of her in another thread and it sounds like she was a wonderful lady. Warm hugs to you and hubby.

Stayed up late last night having a great time, and slept in today. Then went back for another 2 hour nap. I ain't 20 anymore. :cool:

Happy New Year everyone! :flowers:

There are those of us who realize we are no longer 20 :cool:, then there are those who are in denial and have to learn the hard way. :whistle:

I stayed home on [-]Amateur Night[/-] New Years Eve and listened to music and watched "Wild Hogs" on TV, then later watched the ball drop in Times Square at midnight NYC time...then watched the fireworks at Navy Pier in Chicago at our midnight...and hit the pillows right after that.

Today we're just sitting around watching TV (old Twilight Zone episodes right now), and getting ready to have hoppin' john and cornbread for dinner in a few minutes!!! :)

It's a nice bright, sunny day today...even though it's only 10°. But, hey, it won't be long 'til it it will be a bright, sunny Spring day....only 78 days to go!!! :flowers:

So did I. I also noticed in our paper this morning that "Wild Hogs" was named one of the ten worst movies of 2009.

Yep...it wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination...but I still LMAO!!! And except for the 3 Stooges marathon on AMC, it was better than most everything else that was on TV last night! :D

Yep...it wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination...but I still LMAO!!! And except for the 3 Stooges marathon on AMC, it was better than most everything else that was on TV last night! :D

Luckily I have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year old single malt and all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No Wild Hogs for me! :D

I went to drive to a city that I had never been to before to go to a Lowes. Made a wrong turn and went 30 miles in the wrong direction.

Tried to find out where I was on my new Blackberry. I couldn't get the browser functions to work properly. Fussed for a long time. Finally resolved hours later by taking out the battery and putting it back in again.

$!*&*^

Stupid day.

I went to drive to a city that I had never been to before to go to a Lowes. Made a wrong turn and went 30 miles in the wrong direction.

Tried to find out where I was on my new Blackberry. I couldn't get the browser functions to work properly. Fussed for a long time. Finally resolved hours later by taking out the battery and putting it back in again.

$!*&*^

Stupid day.

Get a map... :cool:

Have the worst case of jet lag, probably had a total of 5 hours sleep over the past 2 days. Not helped by DH putting his head on the pillow and sleeping 12 hours solid. So I have been in a daze all day, all I managed to accomplish was going out for lunch as the thought of preparing food is far too complex. At the moment am shredding all the begging letters that came in during our absence.

$!*&*^

Stupid day.

Martha - Get the Google maps app for your blackberry (if yours has GPS). I cant remember how I got mine, but I think I downloaded with the Blackberry. You wont need to use the browser with this app. It works just like a car nav system - mine saves me from getting lost all the time

Martha - Get the Google maps app for your blackberry (if yours has GPS). I cant remember how I got mine, but I think I downloaded with the Blackberry.

(You knew it was coming.) Let me google that for you

or simply go to m.google.com/maps using the Browser on your Blackberry.

I believe it is also available through the "Blackberry App World" icon on your BB.

Anyway, I also highly recommend this app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom