what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Burger King and had tacos for breakfast, then drove through the car-wash to get all of the grime and salt washed off the car. Around noon, we went to the county complex and did our 'early voting' for the Feb 2nd election, then drove the short distance over to the DMV office to renew my driver's license. We were the only ones at the complex to vote, and I was the only one at the DVM!!!! Sure am glad I can do things like that in the middle of the day, during the week, in the middle of the month.....no lines, no hassles....just get right in, and get right out!!!

After that I went to the post office, and then stopped for coffee and a BS session with the gang. Now trying to decide what to do for supper....cook? order in?...or eat out? Hmmmm....decisions, decisions!:LOL:

Finally got to play golf. Temp's in the mid 50's but felt warmer. Another good day tomorrow but rain over the weekend. Just felt like a normal January day for a change.:)

Just about done setting up a new computer at home, we finally moved into the 21st century. The old one had Windows 3.1 installed on it.

Windows 3.1 !!!!!!! :dead:
Yep, you're LBYM.

That figures based on those kinky leather boots you always wear! :cool:
Yep...I'm practically numb....:angel:

Didn't do much today as I was up a bit late from going to a biker bar last night. Nothing exciting happened, but I did laugh a lot. :D

ahhhh...I tell ya...it just doesn't take much to entertain me. :LOL:

I get to pull the toilet and rebuild it and change the water shutoff valve...

The wax ring and the valve both started leaking within hours of each other:(

The toilet better not be in cahoots with the elderly water heater, I might just retire that too and get my plumbing in order before we have a catastrophy here at the ranch:confused:

Ohh yea it's my birthday, Im gonna have some fun with my Lady after I get done playing plumber:D

I listened as the housekeeper did her thing. Place is now clean.

Ohh yea it's my birthday, Im gonna have some fun with my Lady after I get done playing plumber:D
I hope you wash your hands first....:whistle:

sSp_happybday.gif

I took 44.5 lbs of pennies, nickels, and dimes to the bank and ran them through the machine. $36 just in pennies, and a total of $243 (plus some change :D). Deposited it into the account, so I didn 't get any coins back. I have no idea how long it's been accumulating, but at least 10 years. I kept the quarters, though. They're useful. :)

Finally got around to taking down most of the rest of the Christmas decorations, and boxin' 'em up for the next 10 1/2 months.....dang, I shoulda just left 'em up! Ha! We still have a couple that have to be boxed up separately...tomorrow....and then gotta stuff 'em up in the closet with the rest.

After that I went for coffee with the gang, where we solved all of the world's problems.....again! :LOL:

I sat on the porch and enjoyed the fog this morning.

What a wonderful day to be alive.:flowers:

Parsley potatoes for dinner with some green beans. ;)

TVM

I went out to lunch with my gym pals . The restaurant was on the water . So we sat outside and sipped tropical drinks . Retirement is great !

Finished booking the hotels for our return trip from Florida at the end of February and the start of March. Four weeks from right now we'll be snoozin' in Kentucky, gettin' rested up for the next leg of our journey to the north edge of Hotlanta! Our longest travel day is only 367 miles...and the shortest is only 89 miles! Plenty o' time to see and explore all along the way!!!

I also started looking at hotels for our other trips this year.....I'm itchin' to get going!!! :greetings10:

Slept late. Poked around on the forum. Ate lunch, later ate supper. During my second poke on the forum I noticed this little guy ---> :rolleyes: is now blue instead of yellow..

Yep...that's what I did today...:rolleyes:

I get up, have breakfast, start a fire, check email, post here, surf the Internet -- and it's still dark outside! What is wrong with me?

I woke up at 5:15, although I wanted to "sleep in" until 7 or so.

Got up and went for morning coffee with the gang....then came home and goofed off.

Ate lunch....then goofed off.

Getting ready to go for coffee again...then will come home and goof off.

Eat supper later.....then goof off.

Go for my nightly coffee run about 8pm...then come home and goof off.

Go to bed....then repeat the above!

It's a rough life...but somebody's gotta do it!
food-smiley-010.gif

I went to bed fairly early last night, slept for a couple of hours then couldn't get back to sleep so I read a novel. For the rest of the night. Then slept for 5 hours this morning. I'm feeling kind of groggy and lackluster today, so that probably wasn't such a good idea.

But I could do it without worrying that I'd be exhausted at work all day.

Yesterday, I spent a nice rainy afternoon in a local coffee shop downloading MS. Garmin's new maps and listening to live jazz. Unfortunately, I still have to be on-line to actually get the maps into Ms. Garmin. What a ridiculously long process to update her.:(

I've been without sound on my computer for about a week, since I accidentally broke off the pre-amp connector to the sub-woofer on my Klipsch setup.

Today I received and installed the replacement part and am happily with sound once more.

Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom