what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played golf yesterday. A beautiful day as the temps were the high 50's and sunny. Shot an even par 72. Best round in several months, but the course was muddy so our group played it lift, clean and place which helps the score. Suppose to be another pretty day and rain tomorrow. Rain always follows when the temperature rises.:(

Snowing lightly outside and will be very cold for the next few days so I'm going to make a big pot of chili and listen to jazz all day.:D

Played golf yesterday. A beautiful day as the temps were the high 50's and sunny. Shot an even par 72. Best round in several months, but the course was muddy so our group played it lift, clean and place which helps the score. Suppose to be another pretty day and rain tomorrow. Rain always follows when the temperature rises.:(

72? Wow, no way can I play in your group............:nonono:

The power just went out, but because I recently put a UPS on the cable modem and router, I can still surf the Internet and post here. Pretty cool.

Today I'm going to determine whether it makes a difference to sear a pot roast before putting it in the slow cooker. I cut the chuck roast in two, and seared one piece.

The seared piece did look a little better on the outside, but there was absolutely no difference between the two in terms of taste or juiciness. So no more wasting time searing for me.

That's true, although I am all for parking on the far side of the parking lot on sunny days, for exercise.

I always park in "Outer Slobovia" unless it's pouring down rain and DW is with me. She grumps when her hair gets wet so my truck won't get scratched. Women are funny that way.:confused:

Congrats on the new car! It looks nice.

Jumping in on this thread while I am pretending to be FIRED, LOL. I have some extended time off between jobs (we just moved from MS to AL 1 1/2 wks ago), and thus I've found a little more time to peruse the board.

Today I sorted through all of our files, throwing out old stuff, reorganizing, etc. etc. What a job!

My biggest success of the day, however, was that I found the stapler! Woo-hoo! I've been hunting for it for days. It wasn't in any boxes. I had thrown it in the bottom of my backpack last minute as we were packing up. Funny thing is, I had checked the backpack several times already. Just didn't dig deep enough. :uglystupid:

I always park in "Outer Slobovia" unless it's pouring down rain and DW is with me. She grumps when her hair gets wet so my truck won't get scratched. Women are funny that way.:confused:

Congrats on the new car! It looks nice.

Thank you!! I love it already. This afternoon I wanted to drive, but had no reason to do so. So, I drove to Best Buy to pick up TurboTax. There were only a half dozen cars there, all parked right by the door. So, I chose a parking space in Outer Slobovia next to a curb, with no car within at least a hundred feet of me (three rows and 20 spaces away from the nearest car). The very next car to enter the parking lot parked RIGHT NEXT to me, of course. When I came out, there were no more cars in the lot than before but a DIFFERENT car was parked right next to me. No scratches or dings, but I am going to have to figure out another tactic or else just harden myself to the fact that no car ever goes without dings and dents. Really, I wouldn't have cared too much if my old car was dented but this one is so beautiful and pristine.

I took it on the Interstate yesterday and it was amazing. This morning when I got into it, it had just 50 miles on it. My car is such a virgin. :LOL:

The only negative thing I can find about my car, is that it doesn't get the gas mileage that my Solara got. That's kind of shocking when you are used to great mileage. But, to tell the truth the last time I got gas for my Solara was in September and I still had 1/4 tank left when I sold it. So, worse mileage isn't going to break the bank. I didn't really need a new car with only 39,006 miles on my Solara, but a new car upon retirement was something I had planned for years and besides, I just love it. Definitely a want, not a need.

I went for coffee and breakfast with a few of the coffee gang, then 'table hopped' for a while visiting with several folks that I know. Stopped home for a few minutes, then headed out for the monthly luncheon with the Union retirees.....had a REALLY good mushroom & Swiss burger and sweet potato fries!! Then came home and downloaded a few things to my iPhone...including iStooges! Love the Stooges, so I'm having a blast with this time-waster!! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

it doesn't get the gas mileage that my Solara got.

You'll probably get 2-3 MPG better mileage after the tires have been worn in. Also look into inflating them to the absolute max.

Also look into inflating them to the absolute max.

That would probably improve mileage some. However, I see no reason to vary from the tire pressure recommended by the car manufacturer to give the best combination of comfort, safety and mileage - especially for someone who drives as little as W2R.

Well, that's true and I will probably follow whatever the manual says for tire pressure, but it's good to hear the mileage will improve all by itself.

Actually I think the mileage computer just hasn't got the right mileage because I have only driven 55 miles or so. Yesterday after only 20 miles or so it said I was getting 9 mpg (!) and today it said 12.1 mpg. That is insane. The car is supposed to get 19 in the city, and 26 on the highway. It probably needs more miles driven to be able to get a handle on it. I mean gee -- I know I got the V-6, but still it shouldn't be that bad. Oh well. My 4-cylinder Solara used to routinely get 35+ mpg, even though its official mpg rating was less.

I also let the insurance agent talk me into full coverage, including collision. Since I drive so little, I thought I'd self-insure my own car and max out on liability but she talked me into the "full ride". I guess that's a good idea for the first year or two. Maybe. Anyway, as little as I drive the bad mileage will cost me less than the extravagant insurance.

Well actually, not all of us. :D I normally park as far out as I can, both to minimize scratches & dents and just to get the car parked as quickly as possible. SO, on the other hand, will drive around and around (even in a congested lot), trying to find the closest spot in that he can. I keep warning him that he's inviting a fender bender that way, but does he listen? :nonono:

So, I chose a parking space in Outer Slobovia next to a curb, with no car within at least a hundred feet of me (three rows and 20 spaces away from the nearest car). The very next car to enter the parking lot parked RIGHT NEXT to me, of course. When I came out, there were no more cars in the lot than before but a DIFFERENT car was parked right next to me.

Isn't that just amazing? That always seems to happen to me, too. I figure it's some kind of weird mass psychology!

Nice car, W2R! A new car is something of a mood booster and you quite likely will save money on repairs in the near future. Good choice.

It is most definitely a mood booster, and my Solara might eventually have needed more repairs. Thanks. I am just in total awe of the complexity of electronics in it. And it drives so smoothly, too.

Isn't that just amazing? That always seems to happen to me, too. I figure it's some kind of weird mass psychology!

It is! Similarly I have noticed at grocery stores that I can make people buy things. If I act really interested in an item, pick it up, read the label, then put it back or vacillate and act really interested and then walk away without it, virtually always the nearest person will pick up that precise item and buy it. I should be paid just to grocery shop. :rolleyes:

The very next car to enter the parking lot parked RIGHT NEXT to me, of course. When I came out, there were no more cars in the lot than before but a DIFFERENT car was parked right next to me.

My car is such a virgin. :LOL:

Don't you understand, W2R, they're in love! :flowers:

2103278.JPG

Well I guess I'll join in....congrats on the new wheels W2R!....and a belated Happy Birthday to Moe...:flowers:

I've been a mess most of the day waiting for the results of my blood work. Finally got the news this afternoon and everything is fine. Whew...maybe I'll live another six months until my next tests..unless I get hit by a watermelon truck before then. :whistle:

Well actually, not all of us. :D I normally park as far out as I can, both to minimize scratches & dents and just to get the car parked as quickly as possible......
That's the way I am too! I figure it's just as quick (or quicker) to just park out in the north 40 and walk in, than to drive around looking for a parking space near the entrance.

Many times I'll take my Mom to the grocery store and drop her off at the door. Then I'll go park out in the boonies where I still have a view of the entrance, and wait for her to come out, and then drive up to pick her up. While sitting out there I watch people drive around and around looking for "the" parking place. One day I watched a lady drive through the parking lot (up and down every aisle).....6 times before she finally parked the car about half way out in the lot!!! Unbelievable!!! :ROFLMAO:

Today I went and did a new will . Things had changed since my old one so it needed to be done . It is just so creepy talking about what will happen when you die and what if this person also dies . It is a fact of life but hard to deal with .

Today I went and did a new will . Things had changed since my old one so it needed to be done . It is just so creepy talking about what will happen when you die and what if this person also dies . It is a fact of life but hard to deal with .
I understand completely.
I went through a similar exercise with my Revocable Trust a few years back. It was mentally rattling but I persevered.
I am very proud of you for doing what we both know is an extremely tough thing to face. No explanation needed. :flowers:

I need to enter my 1099-B data into TurboTax and am valiantly avoiding doing it. :cool:
So I came up with a full set of legitimate excuses to goof off. Letterman would be proud of me. :D

10. The sun is shining, temp is 6F.
9. The housecleaner was here.
8. My nails are too long to type, i.e. I might make a data entry mistake.
7. I have email to answer.
6. A case of citrus wine from FL was due to arrive via FedEx and I had to watch for the truck.
5. The phone rang. I texted dh2b, and dh2b texted me back. I had to respond.
4. Laundry needed to be washed, hung up, dried, and folded.
3. Dinner had to be made.
2. I have email to read.

And the number 1 reason I didn't enter my 1099-Bs....

1. Today is...um...um...Friday.

TG for desktop calendars. :blush:

I went to the DR for a physical. Its really hard to fake a cough. Then I spent 3 hrs playing a video game.

I almost feel dirty...about the video game or is it the cough..Man good thing parsley potatoes and steamed broccoli tonight. Oh withsour cream too and butter. Have to include some animal fats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom