what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typed in a response, and it went POOF. :(
Has anyone else been getting "page not found" messages when they try to Reply to Thread? It might be a local server (my end) issue.

UPDATE: No more problems. It must have been a local server burp.

Took the pooch in for annual vaccines and heart worm test. Vet said our greyhound is looking great even though she has gone from a racing weight of 58 pounds to 71 pounds. She still has an amazing amount of muscle tone, which she loves to show off at the dog park by running hot laps before the mandatory butt sniffing session. :LOL:

Has anyone else been getting "page not found" messages when they try to Reply to Thread? It might be a local server (my end) issue.
No poofs on my end....:whistle:

Worked in CID and completed seven cases.

Tested my new bike pants. They are not good enuf so I measured my sit bones & went out and got a new bike seat with the correct dimensions. Got groceries. Put new seat on bike with a few adjustments. Teasted it and I think this one will work. Now I'm ready for my final bike patrol training ride tomorrow if the tow path is in any shape to ride on.

I also fashioned a sun visor for my bike helmet that will actually shade my face and not blow off.

Did ya win any awards at the policeman's ball the other night?
Yes...thanks for asking. :)

In the past I've received a trophy, a clock and framed certificates. This year I received a gift certificate to a restaurant and a police shirt. They've really cut back on the funds this year as the volunteers with 200 hours or less didn't receive anything. I thought that was a shame.

In a month or so I should be receiving my third President's Volunteer Service Award. At that time I'll have two bronze awards from Bush and one silver award from Obama. You know I....

....oh never mind...I'll be good. :LOL:

Moved the last of our worldlies from the old place to the new place. Not bad for having closed back in the middle of '09, huh? We did have a couple of excuses (like spending the summer on the mainland and redoing a bath and the kitchen, including moving walls, etc.) But, today, dropped off the keys and said adios, er, aloha. Actually kind of sad to leave the old place. Loads of good memories. But, we have begun a new adventure on the other side of "Paradise Island." Changed "location" on my profile from windward to leeward. Major step!

Tested my new bike pants. They are not good enuf so I measured my sit bones & went out and got a new bike seat with the correct dimensions. Got groceries. Put new seat on bike with a few adjustments. Teasted it and I think this one will work. Now I'm ready for my final bike patrol training ride tomorrow if the tow path is in any shape to ride on.

I also fashioned a sun visor for my bike helmet that will actually shade my face and not blow off.

I would like to know:

1. How did you measure your sit bones.
2. How did you fashion the sun visor.

Had stuff done to the vehicle. Have to go back later for already payed for stuff (they didn't have parts).
Told them they should have 'net access.
Damaged the bumper but snapped it back into place.

Weekly Chinese buffet with the usual crazy crew :rolleyes: and then coffee with a friend. Sunny and warm enough to walk around in a lightweight long sleeve shirt.
My crocus are up but no signs of flower buds yet. Tulip leaf tips are up about an inch and greening up nicely. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D

UPDATE: No more problems. It must have been a local server burp.

Don't "rush to justice" here. I happened to me twice yesterday evening. One of them I tried two more times with the same result.

The good news is that I got what ever were my rants "off my chest" and the honorable Forum Members were allowed to spend their time more productively.

First major south shore swell of the season is shaping up nicely, 2-4 feet today, and about two months early.

Our kid tried out her early high-school graduation present-- a custom-shaped 7'9" epoxy. Compared to the barn door she's been using for the last few years, and at only 10 pounds instead of the other board's 15 pounds, this new board is like a plastic potato chip. The ride is very buoyant, even bouncy, but very responsive.

She lasted a lot longer on paddling than she usually does. We stayed in the water for over two hours (until lunchtime), tomorrow we're goin' back for more, and Saturday might be 6-8 feet.

....My crocus are up but no signs of flower buds yet. Tulip leaf tips are up about an inch and greening up nicely. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D

My crocus started blooming this morning!!! YEA!!! The daffs are about 6-8" tall but no flower buds yet....but soon! Rhubarb is poking up about an inch and half! The lilacs, snowball, hydrangea, and honeysuckle are all budding out! As is the chanticleer pear tree, which will be blooming before too long!!! Most of the roses are showing signs of life, as are all the other shrubs, bushes, and trees!!! Hollyhocks, poppies, maltese cross, sundrops, irises, sedum, and daylilies are all poking up through the mulch. And the ornamental grases are all starting to sprout new growth!!!

Oh yeah...Life is GREAT!!! :flowers:

As for today...went to breakfast with my neighbor and another friend as we always do on Wednesdays. Came home and sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the sunshine, fresh air, and birdies! Then went to the usual hangout for corned beef and cabbage for lunch. Went out to my friends paver business to get some ideas and prices for some projects that I'm going to get started on VERY soon! Met up with an old friend for coffee and b.s session. Came home and sat on the patio again for a while. Then surfed the 'net 'til I headed out for nightly coffee run. Now checking email, forums, and Facebook before the pillows cal my name!!! :D

I would like to know:

1. How did you measure your sit bones.
2. How did you fashion the sun visor.
1. Got a piece of memory foam and a ruler. Put foam on a hard surface. Sat on foam with my knees up a bit. Got up quickly and measured the distance between the 2 indentations. Eh voila!

2. I used a broad brimmed straw hat that was never comfortable on my head. I cut a 3.5" wide visor from the brim using the helmet as a guide so it fit snugly up under the tiny plastic bill and tapered around to the sides behind the ears where there is a vent hole. I cut a generous width so it would shade the sides of my face too. Sort of a cross between a bonnet and baseball cap shape.

Once I was satisfied with the shape, I punched 4 metal eyelet holes (fabric shops have these) lined up with vents in the helmet. Then I sewed a cloth edging around all the edges to keep the straw from fraying.

I tried to find some sort of plastic but failed to find anything suitable. Stiff enuf to hold its shape in the wind but flexible enuf to form the visor.

It was a big hit with the other bikers. They said I shud market it.:)

I attached the visor with skinny 8" cable ties threaded thru the eyelet under the plastic bill and thru the vent, snugged tight and made sure the head was in the vent hole so it couldn't scratch me. Clip the ends off and black ties makes it invisible.

I rode 10 miles on the C&O canal tow path for my final training ride on my bike so now I am an official bike patroller! Then I wandered along the Potomac hinterlands to get home checking out different access points. Swung by the vet to get more meds for my dying 17 yo cat and called it a day.

(snip) My crocus are up but no signs of flower buds yet. Tulip leaf tips are up about an inch and greening up nicely. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D

My crocus started blooming this morning!!! YEA!!! The daffs are about 6-8" tall but no flower buds yet....but soon! (snip)

The crocuses here have been and gone. Daffodils, flowering cherries, camellias, hyacinths etc etc are in full bloom. Still to come: rhododendrons galore. I love spring! :)

Went for an ambling 140-mile motorcycle ride out through Boonsboro, MD up some side windy road that went over a mountain and came out on MD RT 40 near Gambrills State Park. Followed some more windy roads (MD RT 17 north) and got lost, had to dig out the GPS to find out where I was after passing a sign that read "Welcome to Pennsylvania".

SBS (sore butt syndrome) forced the return to home. After grocery shopping and a dentist appointment I'll do that again today.

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to take photographs from the bike without having to find a safe place to stop, remove gloves, get camera from saddlebag, put everything back. Some of the scenery was worthy of picture-taking, especially the high-running creeks.

My crocus started blooming this morning!!! YEA!!! The daffs are about 6-8" tall but no flower buds yet....but soon! Rhubarb is poking up about an inch and half! The lilacs, snowball, hydrangea, and honeysuckle are all budding out! As is the chanticleer pear tree, which will be blooming before too long!!! Most of the roses are showing signs of life, as are all the other shrubs, bushes, and trees!!! Hollyhocks, poppies, maltese cross, sundrops, irises, sedum, and daylilies are all poking up through the mulch. And the ornamental grases are all starting to sprout new growth!!!

Oh yeah...Life is GREAT!!! :flowers:
I love this time of year. :D
I'm guessing within the next 2 weeks the same will be happening here. We can get snow falls (which melt) and freezing temps right up until end of April, so it's hit and miss.
In the meantime, I decided to add some of my own "color" to the landscape.

Can you say "tacky" ? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• pinkflamingoes.jpg
    pinkflamingoes.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
1. Got a piece of memory foam and a ruler. Put foam on a hard surface. Sat on foam with my knees up a bit. Got up quickly and measured the distance between the 2 indentations. Eh voila!

I'm afraid that if I did this there would not be two little indentations. :)

2. I used a broad brimmed straw hat that was never comfortable on my head. I cut a 3.5" wide visor from the brim using the helmet as a guide so it fit snugly up under the tiny plastic bill and tapered around to the sides behind the ears where there is a vent hole. I cut a generous width so it would shade the sides of my face too. Sort of a cross between a bonnet and baseball cap shape.

Once I was satisfied with the shape, I punched 4 metal eyelet holes (fabric shops have these) lined up with vents in the helmet. Then I sewed a cloth edging around all the edges to keep the straw from fraying.

I tried to find some sort of plastic but failed to find anything suitable. Stiff enuf to hold its shape in the wind but flexible enuf to form the visor.

It was a big hit with the other bikers. They said I shud market it.:)

I attached the visor with skinny 8" cable ties threaded thru the eyelet under the plastic bill and thru the vent, snugged tight and made sure the head was in the vent hole so it couldn't scratch me. Clip the ends off and black ties makes it invisible.

Clever! I am often not good about wearing the helmet because I hate sun glare and want a bigger visor. Any chance at a picture?

Dropped the "I'm going on military leave for the next TWO years, starting April 5, 2010" bomb at the office today...

Supervisors not speaking to me now!

I have three of those little blue violets that are out. Daffodils and tulips are emerging from the ground. I have threatened the wandering chickens with the roasting pan if they so much as peck at a flower. Back to spring cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom