what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool17.gif

Got it...he he I'll behave now.

DWs laptop PC is dying- works ok with an external monitor, but the LCD screen is just black. not worth fixing.

Went to Bangor to buy a new laptop. Went to 5 retailers, none of them had laptops in the store. Staples had 12 laptops on display, 11 were out of stock. Best Buy only had $900+ units in stock.

Came home and ordered over the internet. It will be here Saturday.

I treated myself to some new binoculars. My old ones were not waterproof and between ongoing technological improvements and the incredible pricing of China manufacturing, I realized that I could step up and not break the bank.

I ended up with Nikon Monarchs - 10 x42. They are amazingly brighter in low light and I appreciate that they focus as close as 6 feet - thus the name - for butterfly fanciers. They come with a 25 year warranty.

Total cost was $250 from Adorama including shipping, with a $50 rebate back from Nikon.

Lots of reviews on Amazon if you are interested.

Amazon.com: Nikon 7432 Monarch 10x42mm All-Terrain Binoculars: Camera & Photo

Today My sister came down for a visit and we took Mom out to lunch and help her get the paper work finished to put a veterans marker on Dad's grave. He died 17 years ago but their is a new one just available she wanted to add.

Mom seemed to really enjoy the day and provided several letters they wrote each other during his service in WWII for the family history I am working on and have been for years.

A beautiful day today so I took the dog for a long walk with a friend and her 2 dogs. All the dogs got along great. At the end I put mine on the long rope & she and one of other dogs had a blast by and in the river. I discovered my dog has a wash and wear coat. When she dried, the dirt just fell off of her.

Got up, fed the cat, tossed the dead squirrel he dragged in as an offering, went for a walk, checked this forum to see if I garnered any demerits, feed me. DW is off visiting with her sisters. Trying to explain to the cat that he should eat his midnight snack on the hoof outside. Not having much success so far.

Gonna work on some mods and do some maintaining of my trailer, get it ready for a trip.

Got up, fed the cat, tossed the dead squirrel he dragged in as an offering, went for a walk, checked this forum to see if I garnered any demerits, feed me. DW is off visiting with her sisters. Trying to explain to the cat that he should eat his midnight snack on the hoof outside. Not having much success so far.

The squirrel must have been very sick... or very old. I don't believe any cat would come out ahead in an encounter with a healthy squirrel. I have watched squirrels "play" with cats for years and can vouch for how quick
squirrels are. I have only heard of one actual entanglement and was told that the cat suffered greatly from the experience while the squirrel had not a scratch.

The squirrel must have been very sick... or very old. I don't believe any cat would come out ahead in an encounter with a healthy squirrel. I have watched squirrels "play" with cats for years and can vouch for how quick
squirrels are. I have only heard of one actual entanglement and was told that the cat suffered greatly from the experience while the squirrel had not a scratch.

I dunno, this was the third one in a week. One he chased up a tree, and brought it back down. It was not alive by the time he got it on the ground. He's just about 2 yrs old, was a stray, seems his outdoor skills are superb so far.

I dunno, this was the third one in a week. One he chased up a tree, and brought it back down. It was not alive by the time he got it on the ground. He's just about 2 yrs old, was a stray, seems his outdoor skills are superb so far.

Three!! In a week!! You've convinced me. Wow!

Three!! In a week!! You've convinced me. Wow!

I did bury the first two, this one went to crows. They all had different parts missing btw. Meet Charley, pic about 2 weeks ago, shortly after DW picked him from the shelter.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 2
Had a cyst removed from my back in AM, then walked downtown and treated myself to a very nice lunch of les oeufs, le jambon et le fromage at my favorite zinc bar café. And a small pitcher of cabernet. I always try to treat myself well after any assault on my body, even a minimal one like this.

They said no tango for 2 weeks, but I think I can accelerate this by just dancing no-hands. I don't think I have gone 2 weeks without dancing in over 15 years.

After lunch I went shopping for my grand-daughter's 2nd birthday. She said she wanted a butterfly, and I despaired of ever finding anything with a butterfly theme, but I walked into Old Navy and found a perfect long sleeved tee with a butterfly appliqué, and then best of all, a little cardigan sweater that color coordinated nicely with the butterfly. I felt sure it was good, but I needed reassurance so I asked my favorite help on these matters, a young gay man. He told me he too thought it was perfect. Next door at The Gap I got some brightly striped leggings that also will match. If I were still married my wife would likely be doing this, and I would be missing an interesting and enjoyable experience. I do admit, I might have had more misgivings without a bit of wine on board. My DILs seem to appreciate than I think about, shop for, and choose their gifts myself.

Since I don't wish to be accused of premature gender shaping or lack of hipitude, later today I will get into my car, drive out of the city center and find a toy truck or some light artillery to give her also.

Ha

We've had family from out of the country visiting all week. We took them to Lynchburg, TN on Wednesday to visit the Jack Daniel's distillery and eat lunch at Ms. Mary Bobo's (Southern country ham, fried okra, green peas, cream corn, fried chicken, cole slaw, corn bread, macaroni and cheese, baked apples with whisky sauce, sweet tea, chess pie).

I labored all day yesterday making a delicious Gumbo. My roux had a beautiful chocolate color, though I ended up with burn marks on my hands from the Cajun Napalm!

Cat used to get squirrels. Cat is 12 now, ignores squirrels; still gets mice and chipmunks.

Had a cyst removed from my back in AM, then walked downtown and treated myself to a very nice lunch of les oeufs, le jambon et le fromage at my favorite zinc bar café. And a small pitcher of cabernet. I always try to treat myself well after any assault on my body, even a minimal one like this.

They said no tango for 2 weeks, but I think I can accelerate this by just dancing no-hands. I don't think I have gone 2 weeks without dancing in over 15 years.

After lunch I went shopping for my grand-daughter's 2nd birthday. She said she wanted a butterfly, and I despaired of ever finding anything with a butterfly theme, but I walked into Old Navy and found a perfect long sleeved tee with a butterfly appliqué, and then best of all, a little cardigan sweater that color coordinated nicely with the butterfly. I felt sure it was good, but I needed reassurance so I asked my favorite help on these matters, a young gay man. He told me he too thought it was perfect. Next door at The Gap I got some brightly striped leggings that also will match. If I were still married my wife would likely be doing this, and I would be missing an interesting and enjoyable experience. I do admit, I might have had more misgivings without a bit of wine on board. My DILs seem to appreciate than I think about, shop for, and choose their gifts myself.

Since I don't wish to be accused of premature gender shaping or lack of hipitude, later today I will get into my car, drive out of the city center and find a toy truck or some light artillery to give her also.

Ha

Ha, you are the best grandpa ever! :flowers:

I agree....Ha is a wonderful grandpa....:smitten:

I didn't get a shirt with butterflies today but I did purchase Bombay Sapphire gin, Gentleman Jack whiskey, Bacardi rum, Don Julio Anejo tequila and Grand Marnier liqueur.

...and two limes.

Ahhhhhhh.....:)

bbbamI;976889I said:
didn't get a shirt with butterflies today but I did purchase Bombay Sapphire gin, Gentleman Jack whiskey, Bacardi rum, Don Julio Anejo tequila and Grand Marnier liqueur.

...and two limes.

Ahhhhhhh.....

Yeah, Anejo... aaahh.

Tequila Anejo Reviews & Ratings at Tequila.net

Coinicidentally, I found a 1.5 liter bottle of Sauza Anejo Commemorative for $24.99 today. Not in the same class as Don Julio but a bargain in any event.

Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila Anejo | Mixtos | Tequila Reviews at Tequila.net

Of course, I had to buy some Citronge to go with some Reposado I had laying around.

Patron Citronge Reviews. Buying guides & consumer product reviews at Epinions.com

I am more of a B & B fan but Grand Marnier is in second place/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh...thanks for the links! :flowers:

I haven't tried the Sauza, but I will.... and the Patron Citronge sounds soooo good. Maybe I'll have to make another trip....

We've had family from out of the country visiting all week. We took them to Lynchburg, TN on Wednesday to visit the Jack Daniel's distillery and eat lunch at Ms. Mary Bobo's (Southern country ham, fried okra, green peas, cream corn, fried chicken, cole slaw, corn bread, macaroni and cheese, baked apples with whisky sauce, sweet tea, chess pie).

I labored all day yesterday making a delicious Gumbo. My roux had a beautiful chocolate color, though I ended up with burn marks on my hands from the Cajun Napalm!

Ms Bobo's! I love that place but rarely go since I need to watch my weight but I think it is time for a treat! In a month or so that will be a beautiful drive also.

Today is my retirement party. Even thought I retired in July, summer was just to busy to try and get people rounded up, especially since most have to make an hour long trek to get to my house. About 15 people are coming, some are bringing RVs and spending the night. I am grilling up some brats and tri-tip and have a couple of coolers full of beer and soda. Tomorrow morning I'm making biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. The fun starts right after my son's football game. A good day!

A walk today with my walking club through Mercer Slough park in Bellevue WA. This is a preserved wetlands area adjacent to Lake Washington. Here's a couple of photos -- in the last one, a farmer offered some freshly picked blueberries (the absolute best).

-- Rita

Attachments

• DSCF2291e.jpg
    DSCF2291e.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF2292e.jpg
    DSCF2292e.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF2293e.jpg
    DSCF2293e.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 1
Today is my retirement party. Even thought I retired in July, summer was just to busy to try and get people rounded up, especially since most have to make an hour long trek to get to my house. About 15 people are coming, some are bringing RVs and spending the night. I am grilling up some brats and tri-tip and have a couple of coolers full of beer and soda. Tomorrow morning I'm making biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. The fun starts right after my son's football game. A good day!

A good day indeed! Hope your retirement party is wonderful :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom