What did you do today? 2016 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to church this morning. Stopped at Home Depot for some construction materials. The snow is long gone and it is 67 degrees with clear blue skies. There are a bunch of deer wondering through the aspen grove about 20 feet behind my motor home as I write this. Life is good!

Drove back home from Columbia, SC. Attended a 3 day camp covering design software that I use on my CNC machine. Software is called Aspire, produced by an English company called Vectric. Several presenters there from Vectric and their presentations were excellent. Mostly covered making 3D relief models. Hoping to give some of what I learned a try this week.

One bit of excitement last night, hotel might not have been in the best part of town? About 1AM, I was awakened by 5 pistol shots from a drive by shooting directed at some rooms at the second floor just down from my room on the first floor. I recognized the noise as shots immediately and went to the back of the room and in to the bathroom in case it wasn't over. Tried to put a few more walls and a bathtub between me and outside. Only the one burst, turns out a couple of spurned suitors had followed two young ladies to the hotel from the local Waffle House and fired the shots as they raced away. That's the story according to the desk clerk when I checked out about 6 this morning. I went back to sleep once I saw police cars had arrived.

The snow is long gone and it is 67 degrees with clear blue skies.

Yep, that's the Front Range alright!
One of my favorite memories comes from when I lived in Colo Spgs long ago. We had 10 inches of snow one evening and I played golf the next afternoon. When the air is that dry, it sublimates instead of melting.

But enjoy it while you can. I also remember snow in June!

Yep, that's the Front Range alright!
One of my favorite memories comes from when I lived in Colo Spgs long ago. We had 10 inches of snow one evening and I played golf the next afternoon. When the air is that dry, it sublimates instead of melting.

But enjoy it while you can. I also remember snow in June!

:eek::hide::eek:

My husband and I are listening to some Sting DVDs, the one he played in his Italian villa, trying to relax before our trip. I can imagine myself in an Italian village, I've booked a room with a view of the country side, a very nice hotel with the best restaurant. I'm looking forward to visiting this area soon.

Last edited:
My husband and I are listening to some Stink DVDs,...
I knew of Sting, but Stink? Search the Web, and indeed there's a band call Stink.

I knew I did not get out much, but I am more humble all the time.

I knew of Sting, but Stink? Search the Web, and indeed there's a band call Stink.

I knew I did not get out much, but I am more humble all the time.
Haha, I fixed it. I must be thinking of the stinking cheese thread. That's what happens when I eat fish. My sister took me out for a fish lunch. It screws up my typing.

This weekend we saw a community theater production of the musical Rock of Ages. We're both stuck in the eighties music-wise so we really enjoyed it.

Sitting in Jury duty. Kill me now☺

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Sitting in Jury duty. Kill me now☺

One of the few advantages of being 65+ is that jury duty is now optional for me. My answer will always be "NO!" since I already spent way too much time in courtrooms.:dance:

Walked 4 miles for exercise then attended a free talk at the library on estate planning (no sales pitch). Rounded out the day with reading.

This is my 4th week of retirement and I feel like a kid just out of school for the summer.:dance:

Snow on Hwy 80 in California .... strange.

Landscaper started the front walkway. Fortunately I was able to be back in time (after dropping 2 grandkids off at school & oldest grandson off at Bart). Apparently misread my diagram but all good now :)

I'm practicing bass today...one of my bands is auditioning a new guitarist tonight. We saw him before at a charity gig where both our bands were playing, and he was the star of the night among 5 good bands. He also liked our band, so tonight is really a "meet and greet" to see how we gel.

I also looked up the set list for his former band and am learning some songs that he knows. Most auditions are relatively short...4-6 songs, but if things go well you can end up jamming for a couple hours, so I want to be as prepared as possible.

Mowed the lawn with gas push mower and got 5,000 steps on Fitbit for it. Probably very inaccurate (it took me <45 minutes) but I'll take it!

I got the Audi sports car out today. Programmed it to open and close the new garage doors. I'm cleaning it up and thought while I am at it, I might as well take the VA safety inspection sticker off. I think I'll do that on the Jeep too. (I'm only a couple years late!)

US District Court in Colorado is 70+.

My FIL showed up as requested for jury duty, figured it would be something good to do and get out and about... :)

They sent him home, he was about 90 at the time... :nonono:

He drove and was of sound mind until a TIA (presumably) at 93, lived about another year as various health issues kept knocking him down.

Replaced the front brake pads on my SUV. Easy job and only $32 for quality pads. Can't believe what a regular shop charges for this simple job.

Lowered the price on our home, which is for sale. Only 3 showings in 45 days and the prime selling season is slipping away, so I felt I needed to act. I don't know whether to blame my real estate agent for mis-pricing or if it is just that hard to price a unique home with a very large lot.

I am on my 6th day of being sick, finally felling better today. I thought it was just a cold, turns out I had a bad sinus infection. Finally went to doc yesterday and got a prescription antibiotic and feeling much better after only one day of it. I also got an eye infection, blepharitis, probably contributed by the sinus infection. Some prescription antibiotic eye ointment for that as well. Bottom line missed three days of work (that's not actually that bad, but the catching up will suck), and lost the whole weekend of planned projects and activities. Instead I have been trying to take it easy and do little as possible trying to get better. Ironic how you don't appreciate being well until you are not.

I'm in London. The flight ordeal (somebody died on the flight coming over) was worth it to get to London. My husband and I went out to have a nice and tasty Indian meal. It was delicious and cheap. Indian food went very well with beer. Too bad we only stay here for a day. Tomorrow, I will meet the landlord for key to my apartment.
I love travel because I'm a foodie. :D

Lowered the price on our home, which is for sale. Only 3 showings in 45 days and the prime selling season is slipping away, so I felt I needed to act. I don't know whether to blame my real estate agent for mis-pricing or if it is just that hard to price a unique home with a very large lot.
That's not enough showings, I agree! It does sound like a substantial drop in price might help given those market conditions. Good luck and I hope the new price will attract more buyers.
I am on my 6th day of being sick, finally felling better today. I thought it was just a cold, turns out I had a bad sinus infection.
So sorry you haven't been feeling well. That sounds miserable. :(

Last edited:
... The flight ordeal (somebody died on the flight coming over) was worth it to get to London...
Yep. Their tiny cramped seats can kill you, if you are not careful. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom