What did you do today? 2016 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROMEO breakfast and now planning to go buy a birthday card for DW's B'day tomorrow. This year I actually remembered. Thank you Google Calendar!

Tonight is B'day dinner at Fleming's Steak House. BIL and his DW will attend also. This is going to cost some big bucks, but like Robbie says, "spend that stash". :LOL:

Momentous day here. I did the paperwork to start receiving my defined benefit pension starting on Oct 1!

We packed a picnic lunch and spent the afternoon wine tasting in Sonoma Valley. We had a pass for three days of tastings across eleven wineries for the Sonoma Crush Harvest Festival. We had nice weather and a fun outing.

Scored many many points yesterday with DW when I figured out how to sync Lightroom Mobile (photo editing app) on her iPhone to a photo collection on the desktop PC. This gives her the option of carrying an entire photo portfolio of her grandnephews and grandnieces around to show to anyone who will look.

Showed DH a YouTube video about how to clean a windshield with 0000 steel wool followed by Rainex. We'll see if it "takes."

Made me wonder about the shower door...

Kindest regards.

Sent from my iPhone

DD was married yesterday. A beautiful wedding on a beautiful fall day including aspen in all colors from green to yellow to oranges and reds. A magical reception and celebration followed in a rustic wedding barn with all the lighting effects you would expect from a professional lighting designer and her friends. There was a very proud papa in attendance.

Ran a 20 mile race as my final long marathon training run. Then gorged on pizza and beer.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Filled up (2) 90 gallon toters with yard waste.

Today was DW's birthday. The kids came over and we had a party.

Last night I took Robbie's advice and spent some of the stash on a birthday dinner at Fleming's Steak House.

Started with 25 lbs of plum tomatoes, six heads of garlic and a whole lot of fresh rosemary and thyme out of the garden. Ended up with 12 pint Ball jars filled with roasted tomato sauce.

Showed DH a YouTube video about how to clean a windshield with 0000 steel wool followed by Rainex. We'll see if it "takes."

Thanks for that! When I got my car back from a repair they had also cleaned it. I was meaning to call them to ask how they got the windshield so clean.

Had a nice get-together with some family yesterday. Lamb loin chops in the grill, quinoa mash, broccoli, garden green salad. I really like to see the grandchildren (5 & 7) eating - and enjoying - such a wide variety of foods. DD made some white wine sangria, perfect for a sunny late summer afternoon. Life is good..

Underwent a colonoscopy. Nothing worthy of note was found, and as a bonus I now have medical proof that in fact my head is not in there.

OTOH, I once knew a guy about whom it was often said that his head was so far up there it was back in the right place. :LOL:

I'd get a second opinion. Maybe you could ask your wife?

Being retired, I really messed up. I thought today was THURSDAY instead of Wednesday.

Tomorrow (Thursday), I have a doctor appointment that I have been dreading and putting off for over a decade. It's nothing serious at all, and no matter what he says I won't be any worse off, but I just personally happen to dread going and it's with a new doctor that I don't even know.

I told F that I would be at the doctor's and so I would have to skip our usual lunch together. I got all mentally prepared to go, set out a nice outfit to wear, and went to bed early. Then this morning I awakened to the sounds of my lawn guy mowing, and he mows on Wednesdays. :facepalm:

So tomorrow I have to go through this all over again.

My first SS payment hit the checking account. After eight years of retirement with DH I am still amazed that we are okay financially. Life is good.

My first SS payment hit the checking account. After eight years of retirement with DH I am still amazed that we are okay financially. Life is good.

Congratulations! Once they get started, they just keep coming like clockwork, every month. It's a wonderful thing to see that monthly SS deposit landing in one's bank account. :D

I spent a few hours at my brothers earlier today...he had an existing house moved onto a foundation last week. Today's job was building a 8' X 6' landing where a new entry door will go. After that was done, I took very careful measurements and will be building him 2 half sets of stairs (up and down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom