What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's beautiful!

Relatively young guy, big, shaved head, loop earrings in both ears, and neck tattoos....works out of his garage...does some nice, basic distressed type stuff, using old materials, barn wood, old doors, etc.

Nice bench! And I can relate to having a piece of furniture near the door that is dedicated to putting shoes on, in order to spare your back. I use my sofa for that, and it's a nice little luxury to have. I agree with BWE that it would be really nice to have one at the foot of the bed, as well.

That is a gorgeous bench! I'm lucky to have a radiator near the back door, very handy for perching on to put on shoes or boots. And you get a nice warm backside as well, perfect for MN :)

Nice bench! And I can relate to having a piece of furniture near the door that is dedicated to putting shoes on, in order to spare your back. I use my sofa for that, and it's a nice little luxury to have. I agree with BWE that it would be really nice to have one at the foot of the bed, as well.

Great little piece of furniture--you could put one at the foot of a bed, too.

We just found the guy yesterday; he advertises on Kijiji, which is probably the local equivalent of Craigslist, and will do pieces to order......so, we know who he is, and where he lives....and we'll likely see him again.

Adjusting to the reality of an "on exchange" health insurance policy.

As a working stiff I had insurance that included included the best docs across the disciplines.

We now have a silver plan but it's an HMO (no PPOs are offered in my state). I may need back surgery so started researching last night. In network there isn't a single neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon that is "top" in their field, even for Las Vegas, which is not great for health care.

I'm in Lost Wages land enjoying my American dream, I mean American music blaring in the background, the kind of music I used to listen to in my youth.

Nice bench!!

Met a former co-worker (who is still working) for lunch and then did all my errands...Costco, groceries, gas for car, liquor store, and Home Depot.

Now I'm going to have a well deserved nap and then run through a few songs before band rehearsal tonight.

Tough day :) workout, breakfest, later coffee shop, and then having the automatic carwash get the winter crud off my pickup truck..

Then had a window washer come by to give quote on squeegeing windows on the house.
DW is sick of it, I am really bad at it. Friday morning he'll be here to do the deed. My treat to the household. DW is all smiles.

Met with my PCP this morning. I was a bit animated about my BPs range and that this has gone on too long. The nurse nicely asked if I had anxiety issues.:)

I guess I got my point across as I left to pick up metoprolol. I was on this 25 years ago and it was fine as I recall. The doc understood my desire to control it naturally if possible, but it needs control. My other symptoms seem to mainly be hypertension, anxiety(pulsatile tinnitus), or allergy related, at least for today. I see her again in two weeks.

Gym day, I'm finally getting close to where I was before the surgery on my arm, then pick up a prescription. Home for late lunch, then take DW to Dr. for dizziness and sore ear with her cold. Yep, fluid in the ear, back to the drugstore for another prescription for her, finally at home.

Hiking in morning till about 3 pm then came home and changed light bulb on pickup head lights.

Went to the audiologist to get a replacement hearing aid for the one I lost. Took DW with me to have him adjust the response to her voice range. so I could hear her better.(YES BETTER)
In the mail I got the replacement latch for my FAU cover. The new one is metal-the old one was plastic and broke. I also received a railroad pin from a railroad I rode on in Wales. Thank you eBay:)

Whirlpool refrigerator at the rental stopped cooling. Thirty years old and this is the first time it stopped working. After $8.10 for a new defrost timer and 20 minutes of my time, the refrigerator should be ready to go for another 30 years.

Colonoscopy this morning.
Stopped on the way home for a huge pulled pork sammich at a local BBQ place.
Absolutely nothing for the rest of the day!

The best part about a colonoscopy is the relief being done and the big eating, then bed, afterward! Congratulations!

E-mailed the realtor (again) about a condo in the complex we like here in Grand Cayman. Newly energized to buy here. Day 9 of a 12 day visit here. Dove Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto again today, doing a boat wall/reef dive with DiveTech tomorrow AM. Found a crack in my 20+ year old mask this morning, but a local dive shop and American Express resolved that issue....

I'm finally up in a Utah after 3-4 hours drive. This place fits the definition small town and middle of nowhere, at least in my book. Resting for the day. Hopefully, we will get up early and do a long day tomorrow.

Happily assembling my Bob Latino ST120 vacuum tube amplifier kit for the garage stereo.

I did a bunch of little stuff... but it seems like I was busy all day.

Up at 0-dark-30 and took the boys to the bus stop for school... My friend met me at the bus stop and we went to the beach for a 2+ mile walk with the pooch. Rushed home because I had an 8:15am swim/fitness class at the local park & rec pool. I'm liking this class - my old (free) class was canceled because attendance had dropped off because the instructor was less than wonderful.... this one costs $3/class but is a better workout.
After that came home, did laundry, went back to the pool when I realized I left my rash guard in the locker room. Went to the library. Had lunch (never had time for breakfast) then left to get the boys from school. Tonight I'm walking with a friend who used to co-coach the FLL robotics team with me. Her daughter's FTC robotics team is super successful and going to the Houston competition... can't wait to here about it. (Vs. my son's FRC team that only made it to the quarter-finals of the local competition 2 weeks ago.)

I expect to collapse in bed tonight wondering where the day went.

What makes a good retiree day? No alarm clock, coffee and sit around time, yoga, then lunch out with my hubby. I worked a bit this afternoon at home, then I watched my granddaughter for a couple of hours. We went to my parent's house and played a game of Sorry. A very nice day for me.

Got up late... took a walk with friend... puttered around the house a bit... then in the afternoon went to spend a couple hours with another friend who had knee replacement surgery last week and has been having a tough time but seems to be doing ok now... so his DW could have a couple hours of respite.

Day two of metoprolol. :)
BP is sitting around 120/80 my RHR in the 70s. The pulsatile tinnitus is barely noticeable. Oh I feel like a human again.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom