what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one and I take my blood pressure every Friday morning (DH has high blood pressure so when he takes his I take mine). It's why I know that my normal pressure is low.

I've taken it today after a good nights sleep and a long walk and it's back to normal for me at 105/62 today.

Whew! I'm very glad to hear that.
This is a Big Red Flag from your body, telling you to ER.

Picked up my Beetle, which qas getting new brakes, put the top down, and went for a spin. Rode my bike while my son ran alongside 4 miles, then spent some time with him. Fiddled on the computer, sorting through old photo files.

So far, so good.

took DW to qualify at the range for her CHL... had great dinner of a brisket that I cooked yesterday... bought a baby gift.. baby nail clippers... didn't know there was such a thing

Cambridge and Evanston? That's Uptown! :D

I will pass along the hello, not much I can do about the winter but... I may don the (Red) Sox cap again! Actually, I guarantee it :)

My sister lives in Cambridge, not me! She has always had champagne tastes on a beer budget, unfortunately.

When I lived in Evanston I lived on the "other side of the tracks" - I was a young worker bee for a couple of years between high school and college, and lived in a one-room studio apartment. Memories!

My sister lives in Cambridge, not me! She has always had champagne tastes on a beer budget, unfortunately.

When I lived in Evanston I lived on the "other side of the tracks" - I was a young worker bee for a couple of years between high school and college, and lived in a one-room studio apartment. Memories!

I understood! Cambridge and Evanston are both fine.

I have bad news: yesterday I wore my "throwback" 80s Orioles cap (I have an unusual love of baseball caps). It's a bird with a silly grin :)

I drove to the airport quite early to send my friend back to Florida.
Feeling rather alone; 5 days was enough to get used to having someone around.

Work started on the new roof this morning. Still getting used to the noise and the easy with which they move around with tools and wheelbarrows.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I'm going to take several days to rest and get my life back.

When I'm ready to think about work I'm going to do some soul searching to figure out what I do next, but I know it won't be back to the same pressure cooker. I have plans for a long and healthy retirement which means I have to get out of work alive!

I am so glad about the outcome to this episode, Lisa. I hope the docs can rule out any medical cause to your symptoms, too. Your coworkers and even your employer owe you big time as you showed just how stressful your workplace has become and that something needs to be done about it.

Work started on the new roof this morning. Still getting used to the noise and the easy with which they move around with tools and wheelbarrows.
If you haven't already done it, be sure to throw a tarp or at least some plastic sheeting over anything stored in your attic if you want to protect it from a dirt bath.

Roofs are the subject of the moment.

Just got a call from USAA with the results of the claim I filed last week for hail damage to our 13 year old roof. They estimated the damage to be $16,000, so less my $5,000 deductible I'll be getting checks from them totaling $11,000.

Now the fun part - finding reputable roofing contractors to bid on the replacement.

If you haven't already done it, be sure to throw a tarp or at least some plastic sheeting over anything stored in your attic if you want to protect it from a dirt bath.
Four things in our attic: air handlers, insulation, cables, and rodents. I may go up after the job is done to see how much new dirt is there, but it's a tight fit and my flexibility, if any, is mostly limited to attitude.

Roofs are the subject of the moment.

Just got a call from USAA with the results of the claim I filed last week for hail damage to our 13 year old roof. They estimated the damage to be $16,000, so less my $5,000 deductible I'll be getting checks from them totaling $11,000.

Now the fun part - finding reputable roofing contractors to bid on the replacement.

USAA comes through once again. They are an excellent insurer, I'd love to have them. Finding a reputable contractor isn't that difficult. That is, unless you limit the reputation to very good or better.

Appliance repair person revisited, installed new part, was not sufficient. Convinced me I should buy new one ( he does not sell). $600 worth of repair...buy new.

Got my figure skates sharpened. An 90 mile round trip drive to the one guy who can do it right, at my preferred radius of hollow. Fortunately my set of good quality blades only need sharpening twice a year. Then stoped at a $tarbuc$ for a good cup of coffee.

Puttered around in the garage in the afternoon. Did some planning regarding the build out of the attic loft, including committing to have it spray foamed and securing a date to have it done. Lot's to do. Glad I'm not w*rking, I wouldn't have the time.

We woke up to a beautiful day this morning, so we decided to have a picnic. We drove to our favorite beach, which we had entirely to ourselves (I guess the rest of the world was toiling away in a cubicle somewhere, ha!). I set up a tarp to shade the picnic area. It was quite a challenge because of the strong wind. For lunch I had made grilled chicken sandwiches with pesto. After munching on some caramel popcorn for dessert, we relaxed for a while before heading back home before commuting hell broke out.

13995850203_b2f19ef29a_c.jpg

Did a three mile hike, had breakfast out, then spent the day organizing 12 years of digital photos and backing up the files.

Nice shot, FIREd...

It was quite a challenge because of the strong wind.

Yes, it was mighty windy in the East Bay too! DH & I were going to ride our bikes but we didn't feel like wrestling with the wind, so we went out for a walk instead. Went a bit over 7 miles, with a stop halfway for lunch at our favorite diner where we split a pastrami sandwich & fries.

It was so clear & lovely out today, the wind is good for something. :)

We woke up to a beautiful day this morning, so we decided to have a picnic. We drove to our favorite beach, which we had entirely to ourselves (I guess the rest of the world was toiling away in a cubicle somewhere, ha!). I set up a tarp to shade the picnic area. It was quite a challenge because of the strong wind. For lunch I had made grilled chicken sandwiches with pesto. After munching on some caramel popcorn for dessert, we relaxed for a while before heading back home before commuting hell broke out.

This is a picture of a postcard right? :) Sounds and looks like a lovely day, life is good....thanks for sharing.

We woke up to a beautiful day this morning, so we decided to have a picnic. We drove to our favorite beach, which we had entirely to ourselves (I guess the rest of the world was toiling away in a cubicle somewhere, ha!).

That does look like a postcard photo. What a nice relaxing day!

DW is off to babysit her nephew's kids for the day. It's clear & sunny now but very windy so I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.

I spent yesterday doing nothing but watching and (mostly) listening to the old roof being torn off and preparation made for a new one. Today is day 3 and they are still ripping off the current roof.

Last edited:
I spent yesterday doing nothing but watching and (mostly) listening to the old roof being torn off and preparation made for a new one. Today is day 3 and they are still ripping off the current roof.
If they take down the rafters, they've gone too far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom