What's so good about retirement?

I took an ER trial back in 2006. I can't say that I was 100% satisfied with the experience because I knew that there were other things I wanted to do in my career. Fast forward 4 years, and after pretty much wasting my time in another computer job that's going nowhere, I can see I will pull the plug with no doubt or regrets the next time. My recent 2 weeks off during Christmas was the closest thing I can compare to ER, and it was wonderful. I did not feel bored at all. In fact, I finally got around to writing some trading programs I have been wanting to write for a long time because I had big blocks of time to sit and think. I went to the gym regularly, and, most important, I forgot all of the BS back at the office and because of that, got so much better sleep.

Very helpful for me - fighting w/ the temptation to return.

Very helpful for me - fighting w/ the temptation to return.

Sometimes you need to return to solidify the decision . I retired and then went back on a part time basis . I stayed for a year but after about six months I knew I was done permanently this time and retired with no thoughts of going back .

Here's what so good about retirement........

I can take useless photo's like this one and enjoy it.:) Can anyone identify it?

img_939768_0_b72ae5fbdbed9ca04c4d0c978ab1a36d.jpg

This missing [-]link[/-] limb? Thanks, chopping it down improved the view.

Attachments

• IMG_7503.jpg
    IMG_7503.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm imagining that I see either a snake or lizard head on the underside of the branch on the right of bottom center. :confused::confused:

A dead tree limb with some lichens or something on the bark.

A dead tree limb on my mostly dead pear tree. I thought it died all together during the winter, but I have one limb left that shows a few pears coming out. It's been a good producing tree even though it looked like hell, but looks like it is on it's way out.:(

Back
Top Bottom