Why do you get out of bed in the morning?

The two dog attack - :cool:
+1. If I wasn't an early riser the dogs would see to it. Our two Goldens will generally give me enough leeway to wake on my own. But my son frequently drops a 3rd Golden off for doggie day care and then it is all over. Up the stairs, onto the bed, nose in the face, tail whacking... Then our two take up defensive positions on the bed to make sure they get equal attention. No way to refuse three demanding female Goldens.

All great answers and I well appreciate each and every one! Have a great day retirees!!!!

After reading all the answers, I thought, 'What a dumb question'

Because, I am not dead, and I am not going to spend the rest of my life in bed! Why do I eat, sleep, breath, what ever.

Now if the question, was 'What do you do all day', well, let me see, no we have never discussed that, have we........ YES!

So was the question "What in retirement is worth getting out of bed?" Dumb question again.

Sorry, just didn't get into this one.

Yep, plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.

7 hours, maybe an afternoon nap - how much more do I need? I like to get up and DO stuff (even if it is 'nothing').

-ERD50

+1. If I wasn't an early riser the dogs would see to it. Our two Goldens will generally give me enough leeway to wake on my own. But my son frequently drops a 3rd Golden off for doggie day care and then it is all over. Up the stairs, onto the bed, nose in the face, tail whacking... Then our two take up defensive positions on the bed to make sure they get equal attention. No way to refuse three demanding female Goldens.

I get up earlier if the cat stands on said bladder.

If I've been playing poker all night, sometimes I don't get up until the afternoon!

I get up every morning because I didn't save all this money to lay around in bed all day. Staying in bed would be like going on a round the world cruise and never leaving your cabin. Whatta a waste.

Get up, get crackin and get your monies worth. :bat:

"DA DA! YOU AWAKE!?!?"

Then the 100lb dog standing on my chest licking my face because he wants me to get up so he can go back to bed.

Coffee, that's why.

Later, after an exciting day of indolence, I take a nap. Couldn't do that during those w*rking days, but I can and I do now.

The ultimate reason is to get ready to go play golf, but my golden retriever gets the ball rolling. Shes ready to be fed in the 7:00-7:30am range. Works out pretty good, feed her, make coffee, poke around on the internet, get dressed and head for the golf course for my 10:00am tee time. Boy, what a beautiful day today too. Now, time to take the mutt for a 4 mile hike at a local park.

You know, ER is a pretty good gig. :)

Life Is Good

If you have been fully retired for at least a year, why do you get up in the morning? I would like to hear some reasons.

My reason is I have things to do, pets to take care of I am owned by two dogs and two cats, they want out and to be fed. I am a news junkie so I have to find out what happened over night, so while I am feeding pets and making my own breakfast I turn on the news.

I feel so much more relaxed now that I don't have to get up get dressed fight the traffic to work and work at a stressful job all day. Life is good. :D

So the reason I get up is Life Is Good and I am going to enjoy the day... My Way:LOL:

If you have been fully retired for at least a year, why do you get up in the morning? I would like to hear some reasons.

i dont kow about you but i get up to pee pee

I woke up this morning because an earthquake was shaking the house

It was all the buzz at the coffee shop this morning. I easily slept through it. The one back in June 2004 a few miles (~10 miles) NW of here rocked my world though! IIRC, it was about a 4.0 or 4.5, at about 1:30am and lasted a little less than a minute. I got to visit with all my neighbors that were outside wondering what the heck was going on. :eek:

my brother needs a ranch manager. i said i'd consider the position but only if the horses agree to sleep until noon.

I woke up this morning because an earthquake was shaking the house

Latest Earthquakes in the USA - Last 7 days

Never felt a thing in Mississippi.:) You know insurance agents were really pushing earthquake insurance in the early 90's here. Suppose to be a big fault line around the Memphis area. Felt foolish adding it to my policy, but it was cheap. May not be so crazy a thing after all. :-\

A lot of possible bladder problems here. Better to check it out. Earth quakes don't count unless they happen almost every morning.

It was all the buzz at the coffee shop this morning. I easily slept through it. The one back in June 2004 a few miles (~10 miles) NW of here rocked my world though! IIRC, it was about a 4.0 or 4.5, at about 1:30am and lasted a little less than a minute. I got to visit with all my neighbors that were outside wondering what the heck was going on. :eek:

The one in 2004 had kind of a doppler effect. It started out mild, got louder, and crossed through the house from west to east - weird. This one lasted longer, didnt shake as much, but shook the house evenly.

Never felt a thing in Mississippi.:) You know insurance agents were really pushing earthquake insurance in the early 90's here. Suppose to be a big fault line around the Memphis area. Felt foolish adding it to my policy, but it was cheap. May not be so crazy a thing after all. :-\

I'm sure the insurance agents here will be pushing it - we've had 2 in the last 4 years. i only remember one other one since the 60's

On mornings when I don't have to go to work, I have to get up to feed the cats. They keep pawing my face until I get out of bed and fill up their bowls... Some people felt the quake this morning in northern AL, but I slept right through it.

Back
Top Bottom