Can I Go Live In A Cave Now?

You tell-tale :cool:
Yeah, I saw it. Assumed it was not serious. Will monitor the forum just in case I have to call in some animal control officers to investigate.....;)

Yeah, I saw it. Assumed it was not serious. Will monitor the forum just in case I have to call in some animal control officers to investigate.....;)

No harm came to any animals during the writing of that post nor was there any intent to incite others to violence towards animals :hide:

A close friend of mine had a wife who was a cat lover. She adopted stray cats and had a dozen, plus minus a few (they aged then died, then new ones came).

They could not travel, and he often joked that he needed to shoot them (without his wife nearby to hear it of course). I knew he was joking, because he liked the cats too, but wouldn't admit it. ;)

I second (third, fourth) the idea of babysitters. I grew up in a developing country and most families had nannies. When I moved to the U.S. I was shocked by the amount of stress parents face. There seems to be an unwillingness to hire outside help for domestic issues (similar feelings towards house keepers). IMO, for busy professionals, the money needed to hire outside help is really worth it. Just think of how much money you make per hour, how much you would be paying a babysitter, and how much peace of mind it could provide.

*Disclaimer: Since I have no children, this is purely hypothetical.*

Something I read somewhere: "Life doesn't begin at 40; life begins after the kids leave home and the dog dies."

The whole quote is from a joke: Minister, Priest, and Rabi talking about when life begins: Priest says, "starts when the egg is fertilized", Minister says, "after the fetus is viable", and Rabi says, "When the kids leave home, and the dog dies." Some would add when your wife runs away with another man too!:LOL:

I second (third, fourth) the idea of babysitters. I grew up in a developing country and most families had nannies. When I moved to the U.S. I was shocked by the amount of stress parents face. There seems to be an unwillingness to hire outside help for domestic issues (similar feelings towards house keepers). IMO, for busy professionals, the money needed to hire outside help is really worth it. Just think of how much money you make per hour, how much you would be paying a babysitter, and how much peace of mind it could provide.

This is a hugely important point. All over the world people who work hard and have a moderate income are able to hire immigrant help. It's all very legal and controlled. In Singapore, for example, someone from another country and work for half the normal salary as domestic help only. It takes a huge burden off of working families. Other countries include Saudia Arabia, all the UAE, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia - not to mention all the cruise ships in the world.

Here we live in the richest nation on earth and 95% of the rest of the world would love to come and work in the US as a nanny for low wages. They can send the money back home and buy land and a house - enough to get a start in life in a third world country.

The twisted logic that we are taking work away from people who need jobs is total BS. The proof is very few people are hiring US citizens as domestic help. No US citizen wants to work for cheap (and I don't blame them). But, we can help the global economy at the same time help our stressed out families by allowing migrant labor. It is crazy not to set up a program like that.

I second (third, fourth) the idea of babysitters. I grew up in a developing country and most families had nannies. When I moved to the U.S. I was shocked by the amount of stress parents face.

I wonder about the amount of stress the nannies face.

I wonder about the amount of stress the nannies face.
You must be joking. Today's modern parents must go to work, pay the mortgage, take the kids to soccer practice or pre-school, try to climb the social ladder and improve themselves at work -just to name a few.

A nanny has her own room with meals and uniform provided. What stress? Taking care of the kids and maybe cooking and cleaning the house? Women do that on a daily basis in every corner of the globe. Women are born to be care-givers and nurturing.

When the kids are in school the nanny takes a NAP! What parent has that luxury?

And you worry about the stress on the nanny? :LOL: You are joking, right?

Attachments

• mean-dog-9.jpg
    mean-dog-9.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0

One of my sons and his wife are into their third year with a nanny. It's the only thing that makes their lifestyle possible.

Ha

Is it cheating if I take a day off, don't tell her, disappear at the appointed time for work and just go find a place to hide for a day?

Just make sure DW doesn't call your office number.

Here is what I would want my husband to do under your circumstances: wife, I would like to spend some relaxing time with you, we both need a break. Would you line up care for the kids & pets for a day, lets go for a walk, visit a spa and enjoy a massage, take a long nap, go out to eat. Give her a couple dates that might work around your work schedule.

You do know that your e-mail obligations may in fact be work time and that your employer is accumulating unbudgeted payroll obligations.

Jobs are tough to find right now but there is no harm in putting out the word that you are open to other posibilities.

For a small fee.

No, women are born that way. Just like men are born to lift heavy objects. However a fee may be required to have both genders use their genetically inherited skills.:flowers: (I go where angels fear to tread).:angel: You like the flowers I bring for you?:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: more flowers.

I don't think it's unwillingness. It's simply not affordable. In developing nations the income disparity is such that higher-income family can afford to have servants. This is just not the case in the US.

Audrey

You must be joking. Today's modern parents must go to work, pay the mortgage, take the kids to soccer practice or pre-school, try to climb the social ladder and improve themselves at work -just to name a few.

A nanny has her own room with meals and uniform provided. What stress? Taking care of the kids and maybe cooking and cleaning the house? Women do that on a daily basis in every corner of the globe. Women are born to be care-givers and nurturing.

When the kids are in school the nanny takes a NAP! What parent has that luxury?

And you worry about the stress on the nanny? :LOL: You are joking, right?

Oh great, one of those.

I don't think it's unwillingness. It's simply not affordable. In developing nations the income disparity is such that higher-income family can afford to have servants. This is just not the case in the US.

Audrey
This depends entirely on your definition of higher-income. I know plenty of families with help. Not many cooks or chauffeurs, but plenty have weekly housekeeping crews, nannies, yard men, etc.

Clearly way more could afford this in Indonesia or Viet Nam, but it is common in the US too.

Ha

While we were both working, 2 kids at home, 2 cats (no dogs), we hired someone to cut the grass, and cleaners to come in every week. It certainly makes weekends a lot less stressful with those chores out of the way.

Hello Brewer - research on exercise has shown that the psych benefits of exercise do help reduce depression and anxiety. Have you tried exercising 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week?

Maybe it is a bad time at work along with shortening days, but I feel pretty worn out.

Back
Top Bottom