Good month so far !

Mudd

Dryer sheet aficionado
My retirement accounts are up a bit, job is going well, and this morning we decided to pay off our 2008 mini-van. Never transferred so much money before, but it feels great knocking off that debt. Not bragging, but co-workers wouldn't want to hear about it, I thought you guys would understand. After I save $5000 for a sinking fund for when my car dies(it's 10 years old), we can start investing more for retirement.

Even though it's only 60 something degrees in Michigan today, we're feeling warm and fuzzy ! Now if my kids will just start listening to me, all will be right in the world.:whistle:

Mudd

Even though it's only 60 something degrees in Michigan today, we're feeling warm and fuzzy ! Now if my kids will just start listening to me, all will be right in the world.:whistle:

Mudd
Now that's just crazy talk...

Great news, Mudd! Just think, you'll never make another car payment again in your life. Now that's cool!

Coach

That's the goal- No more car payments . . . then one of those new Camaros go by and I drool all over myself.

I need to stay strong !

I always thought of car payments as "bad debt", I always paid cash for my cars. But I just looked at my CU - rates are 4.99% - not so bad really.

But I think paying cash has the advantage of really making you think, "can I afford this vehicle". A payment plan kind of disconnects one from that (which is the intention in most cases, I think).

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom