Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
NW-Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Sorry , If that came out wrong . I am sure everyone has decent clothes even the nudists.
Just teasing. Indeed, as you wrote, each of us indulges self in a different way. It's only money, and we can't take it with us.
__________________

__________________
"Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man" -- Leon Trotsky
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Moemg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarasota,fl.
Posts: 10,035
If I asked my SO how much he spent on clothes he would probably say nothing or $20 for a gator tee shirt and while that is true it is not the whole story . Clothes magically appear in his drawers . Worn out underwear gets replaced and dirty tee shirts become new again . Is it the clothes fairy ? No , It is me keeping my SO clothed . I have been married twice and now have a long time relationship and what I have found out is married guys usually do not shop for clothes(except suits ) . I'm not sure if they think those clothes appear by magic or what . So I can totally believe any married guy claiming to have a clothes budget of zip while still looking good but the wives budget is a different story . Just the whole truth and nothing but the truth !
__________________

__________________
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Moemg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarasota,fl.
Posts: 10,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I got you all beat. I have a negative clothes budget.

Each morning I just walk out naked. Someone is horrified enough to quickly put some clothes on me. Later I sell them down on Broadway to an older Lesbian.

Ha
Great idea ! I'm sure if I walked out naked somebody would throw money at me to get me clothed except there are a lot of old geezers around here and to them I might be a hot tamale !
__________________
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets
mews's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
there are a lot of old geezers around here and to them I might be a hot tamale !
Well, tell them to throw money!

ta,
mew
__________________
mews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
NW-Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
... what I have found out is married guys usually do not shop for clothes(except suits ).
Er, I plead ... guilty!
__________________
"Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man" -- Leon Trotsky
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
Gosh, we spend almost nothing on clothes. We have a closet full of clothes left over from our DINK working days and it will take years to wear them out.
Ditto, also have too many clothes left over from w*rk. TG they are casual enough to wear "on the street".
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Ditto, also have too many clothes left over from w*rk. TG they are casual enough to wear "on the street".
Eh heh...just what are ya gonna be doin' on the street missy? Eh heh...
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Great idea ! I'm sure if I walked out naked somebody would throw money at me to get me clothed except there are a lot of old geezers around here and to them I might be a hot tamale !
Ahhh yes...I remember the hot tamale days.

For me now... it's more like a cold burrito ... Anyone like burritos?
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Eh heh...just what are ya gonna be doin' on the street missy? Eh heh...
Plan B in case my property taxes skyrocket.

I just woke up from a recliner nap. Looks like I missed a heck of a party here on this thread.
So who's still running around naked?
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Plan B in case my property taxes skyrocket.

I just woke up from a recliner nap. Looks like I missed a heck of a party here on this thread.
So who's still running around naked?
I think it was Ha.... Now I'm wondering who's replying to this forum naked....
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #51
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I think it was Ha.... Now I'm wondering who's replying to this forum naked....
That could be arranged......or has it already happened?
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #52
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
That could be arranged......or has it already happened?
As the great well known Ziggy once said..."I'm naked under my clothes."
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #53
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Moemg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarasota,fl.
Posts: 10,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Ahhh yes...I remember the hot tamale days.

For me now... it's more like a cold burrito ... Anyone like burritos?

Move to Florida anyone under 80 can be a hot tamale !
__________________
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #54
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
bbbamI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas 'burb
Posts: 9,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Move to Florida anyone under 80 can be a hot tamale !
Hot dang! Watch out Moe...here I come!
__________________
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #55
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,764
Ewww tamales... I enjoy most Mexican food but those things..
__________________
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #56
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
REWahoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 42,123
If you don't pull a Gerald Ford, tamales are pretty darned good...
__________________
Numbers is hard

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #57
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
If you don't pull a Gerald Ford, tamales are pretty darned good...
Even I know better than to do that!
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #58
Moderator
Walt34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern WV Panhandle
Posts: 16,544
Other than the motorcycle riding gear ($600) virtually nothing on me. DW, however, is another story at $1,600. But in fairness, she hadn't spent much on clothes in the previous several years.
__________________
I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Khan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pine Island, Florida
Posts: 6,868
Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
If I asked my SO how much he spent on clothes he would probably say nothing or $20 for a gator tee shirt and while that is true it is not the whole story . Clothes magically appear in his drawers . Worn out underwear gets replaced and dirty tee shirts become new again . Is it the clothes fairy ? No , It is me keeping my SO clothed . I have been married twice and now have a long time relationship and what I have found out is married guys usually do not shop for clothes(except suits ) . I'm not sure if they think those clothes appear by magic or what . So I can totally believe any married guy claiming to have a clothes budget of zip while still looking good but the wives budget is a different story . Just the whole truth and nothing but the truth !
I have to wonder how common that is. I doubt my father bought any clothes in 40+ years.
__________________
"Knowin' no one nowhere's gonna miss us when we're gone..."
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #60
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I have to wonder how common that is. I doubt my father bought any clothes in 40+ years.
I'm slowly getting sucked into this vortex, but willingly. I have more time to shop online for nice cheap (always of good quality) dress shirts as they are "liquidated". He's still charge of his own shoes and slacks, though.
__________________

__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clothes shopping on Amazon calmloki Other topics 6 06-02-2009 02:56 PM
Where to buy clothes RedHawk Other topics 34 10-22-2008 09:25 AM
selling clothes on eBay? Keyboard Ninja Other topics 4 07-19-2008 01:11 PM
Clothes make the man donheff Other topics 92 09-19-2006 01:12 PM
Clothes arrete Life after FIRE 9 10-14-2004 07:16 PM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 AM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.