I got the job

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
So the lead just stopped me in the hall to congratulate me. While it's not official, I'll be recieving a call from HR soon to pick up my offer letter (this is an internal job). I'm actually surprised, because during the interview they threw questions at me that had me spinning! At first I kept up (Layer 3 protocols, simple network topography, basic Unix commands) then I just plain got blown away (what are the 14 attributes you can obtain by running command "x" while interfacing with a JBOD's gig-e fiber channel? (or whatever). The move will basically be lateral, but with tremendous room for growth (they say they see potential). So with incenctives I might be looking at 80k first year, then I might break through to cube_rat money once I've proven myself. ;)

I'm really happy, though, because I'll be doing exciting work, and get lots of good training in just about any area I want. We'll see what I'm saying six months from now! :eek:

Woo Hoo!  Congratulations Laurrence!

Enjoy your celebration! :D :D :D

Congrats, d00d! Just stay away from that gig-e fiber channel or you'll bring the whole place down.

Congratulations Laurence! What you should have done with that question is to say "Hmm, so you're one of the people unaware of the 15th and 16th attributes?"

WhooHoo!! Way to go!! You'll break my last year's compensation package in no time! :D

Oh, and gotta love the technical questions that come out of left field!

Thanks! Yeah, I applied to this group last year and they said, "huh, your kung fu is not tough enough!", so either they think I've done enough to impress them since then, or they are really getting desperate! ;)

Cube_rat, I'd just be happy to match it, really! Well, of course, adjusting for inflation. :D

Laurence said:
what are the 14 attributes you can obtain by running command "x" while interfacing with a JBOD's gig-e fiber channel? (or whatever).

:-*

My hero.

Excellent.

The real job will be keeping up your ER post count at your new office! Maybe you need that gig-e fiber after all...

Great News and you don't have to move.

You are all too kind! I think I will be posting less, I see 12 hour days in my future for a while, many projects are already behind. But the greatest thing is I'm excited about work again. :)

Congratulations Laurence! How exciting-good luck with everything!

Dreamer

Ditto on the Congrats!
Your journey is excellent guide book for other folks looking to manage their own destiny
Best wishes for more success
nwsteve

Laurence said:
But the greatest thing is I'm excited about work again. :)

Thats good news.
All we have to do is keep you excited for another 40 years, so you can continue to contribute to our ER the SSA fund. ;)

MJ (your friendly forum buddy)

Yeh, I know with buddies' like me ..........

MJ said:
Thats good news.
All we have to do is keep you excited for another 40 years, so you can continue to contribute to our ER the SSA fund. ;)

MJ (your friendly forum buddy)

Yeh, I know with buddies' like me ..........

I don't mind contributing upstream to you all. I know I just need to recruit three people younger than me to get excited about work before I retire, and I can keep this pyramid scheme er multi-level marketing er, SSA system going! :D

Well I hope they don't work you too hard. I like having you around here keeping us upbeat.

Back
Top Bottom