Retire-a-Little

MBAustin

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
The Harvard Business Review recently sponsored a "Beyond Bureaucracy" Challenge. The winners were announced in their blog this week:

Who's Moving Their Company Beyond Bureaucracy? - Polly LaBarre - Harvard Business Review

(Note that while HBR is very expensive, their blogs are free to read, although if you are a heavy reader you need to register (free).)

I didn't read all of the winners yet but thought this one was interesting for the board:

Retire-a-Little: Enabling More Fulfilled Working Lives | Management Innovation eXchange

Seems to me the math is a little generous for the workers (give up 10% of your pay for 20% of your days off) but the concept seems interesting.

As much as I was tired of Megacorp when I left, I think it would have been fun to have the chance to help out on projects there a few hours a week, and I think my knowledge and experience would be worth a lot. And if I'd had a day off in the middle of the week (even every other week), would I have avoided the burnout of the last couple of years there?

Would this change your view of ER as a goal? For those who are already ER, would this have been appealing to you?

Back
Top Bottom