Young Dreamers Meet!

I'm a middle-aged fart and if you all plan on meeting at a coffee house, this is a pretty good place to meet in Arlington. murkycoffee.com

Weekdays after work are best for me, as I travel alot on the weekends, but I usually know way in advance which weekends I am travelling, so with enough warning, weekends are OK too. Arlington is a good location for DC and northern VA people - the MD folks would have more of a drive. Maybe something near a metro for DC folks without a car? There are lots of bars with big spaces near Ballston or Clarendon etc.

Change of relocation plans

Well...through one of those events that only God could orchestrate....

Not only did the relationship with the woman in Northern VA dissolve (something I wasn't entirely surprised by, but not exactly expecting), but an ex-girlfriend (in St. Louis) appeared on the scene just 3 days before said relationship broke up (no, she had nothing to do with it :p :) ).

At first, when the VA relationship ended, I still planned on relocating halfway across the country to start my new career, new job, etc. However, I began to think about the exgf, and realized that I made a serious mistake in breaking up with her, and decided to risk it all by staying to see if things could work out (so far, so good....but it's still very early in the process).

So, I decided to cancel the relocation plans and stay in St. Louis for the time being. The official local job application/interview process is starting this week, so I'm staying put for the time being.

Have fun in the DC area. Have a happy hour margarita for me. :)

I know this is from the Vanguard BogleHeads forum, but I though it would be helpful here.
The DC Local Chapter of the Vanguard Bogleheads is meeting this Sunday, November 18 at 2:00pm.
Here is the thread talking about the meeting. Some topics for discussion will be:
Discussion of Life-cycle finance and Economic Security Planner software
Agenda
I. Development of life-cycle finance
II. Differences between life-cycle household finance and mean-variance analysis based financial planning
III. Importance of focusing financial planning on consumption over time rather than financial wealth at a point in time
IV. Life-cycle finance and new financial products
V. How ESPlanner implements the ideas of life-cycle finance within the software
VI. ESPlanner example case 1
- Individual wonders whether she should delay taking social security benefits
- Individual worries about appropriateness of her retirement portfolio asset allocation
VII. ESPlanner example case 2
- Married couple wonders whether they have appropriate levels of life insurance
- Explore what happens when Wife dies ahead of schedule Husband dies ahead of schedule

Well...through one of those events that only God could orchestrate....

Not only did the relationship with the woman in Northern VA dissolve (something I wasn't entirely surprised by, but not exactly expecting), but an ex-girlfriend (in St. Louis) appeared on the scene just 3 days before said relationship broke up (no, she had nothing to do with it :p :) ).

At first, when the VA relationship ended, I still planned on relocating halfway across the country to start my new career, new job, etc. However, I began to think about the exgf, and realized that I made a serious mistake in breaking up with her, and decided to risk it all by staying to see if things could work out (so far, so good....but it's still very early in the process).

So, I decided to cancel the relocation plans and stay in St. Louis for the time being. The official local job application/interview process is starting this week, so I'm staying put for the time being.

Have fun in the DC area. Have a happy hour margarita for me. :)

Tread carefully.....it appears women are your weakness..........;)

Back
Top Bottom