Join Early Retirement Today

Clock problem
Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Clock problem

I just posted to a thread and noticed that the time stated is one hour ahead of the current Eastern time. Never noticed this before. What is the story here on which time zone is the forum using?
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Click on "User CP" in the horizontal bar above.

Then under "Settings and Options" on the left, click on "edit options".

Scroll down to "Date and Time Options". There, you can adjust the clock settings used on timestamps of posts. I have mine set for Central Time, and it is working for me since I live in the Central time zone.

Hope this helps!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Click on "User CP" in the horizontal bar above.

Then under "Settings and Options" on the left, click on "edit options".

Scroll down to "Date and Time Options". There, you can adjust the clock settings used on timestamps of posts. I have mine set for Central Time, and it is working for me since I live in the Central time zone.

Hope this helps!
W2R, this isn't working for me. I went through the process you described and set my clock for Eastern Time Zone. I checked the box to adjust for DST, and the clock still shows one hour ahead. Went back and unchecked the box for DST and the clock still shows one hour ahead on my posts because I thought this might be screwing things up. I'll keep trying. I'll bet this post goes out at 10PM, one hour ahead of our time.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Administrator

My time stamp here shows 9pm Eastern for your post.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Clock problem?? I didn't think you retired folks had a use for clocks once retired!
panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36 View Post
W2R, this isn't working for me. I went through the process you described and set my clock for Eastern Time Zone. I checked the box to adjust for DST, and the clock still shows one hour ahead. Went back and unchecked the box for DST and the clock still shows one hour ahead on my posts because I thought this might be screwing things up. I'll keep trying. I'll bet this post goes out at 10PM, one hour ahead of our time.

I reset your time settings to display properly and think that it's possible you had some info cached. Does if look better now?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by panacea View Post
Clock problem?? I didn't think you retired folks had a use for clocks once retired!
The clock problem is that it shows hours instead of days. We really need one of these:

Day Clocks

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I reset your time settings to display properly and think that it's possible you had some info cached. Does if look better now?
Just got on and will check this out. Current time is 8:56 AM Eastern time. Let's see how it goes out. Editing to check and it looks good. Thanks for what ever you did.