Concerns about the database accuracy and the search feature

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I admit that database designers and discussion-board programmers probably never expected their code to last this long, but maybe the answers are relatively straightforward.

First, I can't search for my first post. I'm not sure that I can even sort for it, let alone find it. When I click the profile statistics link for "all posts by Nords" I only get the latest 8000 of them, which by now is less than half of my total. It would be great if there was a vBulletin setting allowing us high-volume posters to be able to research all the things we've blathered on over the years, not just some of it-- or at least to be able to constrain the search criteria more than by just "a year old and older".

Next, the database claims that I joined in Feb 2004. However a search of the old "Hi, I am..." thread turned up a post from Jan 2004 (http://www.early-retirement.org/for...ittle-time-to-get-there-14305.html#post263676). I'd research the issue further... but with the first issue, even with keywords it's awful hard to get further back than 2006.

Can you let us know if the search problem can be fixed so that I can take a look at the second issue?

Nords, we are continuing to adjust to some brand new servers. They are robust but not fully dialed in.. Tweaking is going to continue for a few more days and then if there is still an issue we can "age" you as needed, but I think it will be fine.

When I searched for all threads started by you I found one from December 2003.
Thanks, Martha! That's definitely my first thread here, and IIRC (and I'm not sure that I do) that may actually be my first post. I can't remember whether or not I deleted some of my first posts, back when such a heinous act could be accomplished.

Janet, that post shows part of the database-accuracy concern:
Date of post: 12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
I can't be the only poster (among 8000 members) with an incorrect join date.

Now that you have close to 10 years of retirement, what do you think?
Maybe I should give it another 29 months, but I'll update it.

About the searches for posts... There is a limit on how many hits are returned which makes searching for really old content tougher.

IIRC, CFB joined, you joined and then I joined all the in the space of a couple of months. I actually remember your "Hi I am" post for some odd reason. You said "all together now, NORDS!" after you gave your name. (I know, I am weird). Can't find the post. I don't think you joined December '02. I think it is a year off.

IIRC, CFB joined, you joined and then I joined all the in the space of a couple of months.
That's what I vaguely remember too, because I think I started the ER questions thread before I got around to introducing myself in the old "Hi, I am..." thread.

You said "all together now, NORDS!" after you gave your name. (I know, I am weird).
Just like introducing ourselves at an AA meeting!

Can't find the post.
I think I deleted that post during one of our early rounds of discussion-board-spam paranoia because it included my actual name. That was before Cut-Throat ruined it for everyone by trying to delete all his posts.

I don't think you joined December '02. I think it is a year off.
I'll be able to verify that when we can actually search for our first posts. vBulletin appears to have imposed a number of poorly-designed arbitrary limits...

Back
Top Bottom