Friends

OK, thanks.

And remind me again what the effect/impact/use/advantage of having or being a forum friend is? ( just wondering if it enables any special board features)

Near as I can figure....all it does is keeps your user profile from saying you haven't made any friends. :rolleyes:

Uhh - this sounds so much like junior high school to me "you're my friend today and then I can unfriend you today" - yuck. I thought I left that crap behind in junior high school.

Next thing, someone with too much time on their hand will start the spider mapping of friends, and write an exhaustive thesis on the friendship networks. Rank popularity, islands of cliques and so forth.........:dance:

OK, thanks.

And remind me again what the effect/impact/use/advantage of having or being a forum friend is? ( just wondering if it enables any special board features)
I have been blissfully dropping in here once in a while and I had no idea I was potentially missing a whole other dimension of interaction. I thought PMs were the only way of invading someone's personal space...

OK. I get it. It's a feature-less feature.

No, not totally feature-less (just almost). You can send out PM's to your friends with one click instead of several - very useful for invites to last minute keggers. You can see if your friends are online easily and quickly on the portal page. And Rich, my day is improved in some small way when I see that you are online. I actually look at the box on the portal page. :flowers:

Seriously, on some social networking sites (like facebook) your communty status is given a boost by having not just many friends, but having the RIGHT friends. Having the most popular posters or a site star as friends can raise your community 'cred'. But ER is a little different - maybe you noticed ;)

After reading this thread I went to my profile to look (I have no friends :(). However, I did notice a list of "Thanks" to thread replies that I posted.

I never noticed any "Thanks" before which makes me wonder. When I send a Thanks I always assumed the poster received a notification. This does not seem to be the case.

Can you confirm that the only way to know that you have received a Thanks is to periodically look in your profile?

As far as I am aware, you have to look on the "user CP". There is no notification feature.

No, not totally feature-less (just almost). You can send out PM's to your friends with one click instead of several - very useful for invites to last minute keggers. You can see if your friends are online easily and quickly on the portal page. And Rich, my day is improved in some small way when I see that you are online. I actually look at the box on the portal page. :flowers:

Ahh, keggers. Why didn't you say so? Great feature. Thanks!

I have been blissfully dropping in here once in a while and I had no idea I was potentially missing a whole other dimension of interaction. I thought PMs were the only way of invading someone's personal space...

No way!! Not only do we have friends, but also you can invade someone's personal space by leaving "thanks" comments on a post, or profile notes, for example.

No way!! Not only do we have friends, but also you can invade someone's personal space by leaving "thanks" comments on a post, or profile notes, for example.

And that's just for here. You can go to other forums and have all kinds of ways to interact.:blush:

And that's just for here. You can go to other forums and have all kinds of ways to interact.:blush:

And then there are chatrooms, and after reading our facebook thread I am exploring that website...

Hello! Just thought I'd stop by and say hello to all my non-friended friends on the RE board!!!

I have 2 little squares by my name in my profile. It says bbbamI has a spectacular aura.....hmmm....:blush:

I have 2 little squares by my name in my profile. It says bbbamI has a spectacular aura.....hmmm....:blush:

Aura what:confused: ;)

Inquiring minds, want to know! (and here's an extra exclamation point just for you Rich: !)

-- Rita

Aura what:confused: ;)

Inquiring minds, want to know! (and here's an extra exclamation point just for you Rich: !)

-- Rita
I aura good sport? :flowers:

As far as the spectacular goes, somebody's gotta be spying on me......:hide:

Back
Top Bottom