Anyone able to renew on CoveredCA?

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I did yesterday but received no email confirmation or even messaging of any kind.

The status shows the plan I've chosen for 2015 including the premium and my CC subscriber ID.

There is a pay now link but when I click it it doesn't redirect to the carrier. It says I have until 12/26 to pay but on the other hand, I've heard you're suppose to pay by 12/15 to start coverage next month.

So I go to Anthem Blue Cross but I can't register there either because I need their Member ID number.

Sounds like CC may be processing a lot of applications and renewals and they haven't caught up. Tried calling both CC and Anthem Blue Cross over and over again and after going through the phone tree, they tell you they can't take the call right now.

Tried the CC chat feature but that website won't even load, not a valid address. It had worked on Wednesday.

My previous carrier, I didn't want to call so I sent a message, though I think it's more for general feedback, telling them I'm switching for 2015.

The govt. site is bad but the carriers sites are not much better. It's really convoluted finding the right network for the policy you chose, there are so many different networks.

Too many parties in the chain.

So has anyone gotten confirmation, especially if they changed carriers/policies?

Trying to pay but the 15th but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Yes, Explanade. We changed from Anthem for 2014 to Kaiser for 2015, and I'd say within a couple of weeks I'd received payment paperwork from Kaiser.

I went right on line and got our initial payment set up to be processed via CC by the 12/26 deadline.

Last edited:
Did it take two weeks to get confirmation from the new carrier too?

Either confirmation electronically or by mail?

My recollection when I enrolled in September was that I was able to set up an account on the carrier's site pretty quickly.

We renewed on covered-ca during the first week (changed plan, same insurer). I think we paid the new premiums for Jan within a few days. Since we kept the same insurer, we had the member id and could also see the change online at Blue Shield.

I can't remember when covered-ca sent us notification via secure mailbox/physical mail, but our new plan for 2015 shows up in multiple spots online.

Last year with Anthem took months, starting in October and extending into 2014.

This year, I enrolled in Kaiser when Open Enrollment started--was that 11/16?--and it was maybe 2 weeks until I got the billing info in the mail from Kaiser.

I am staying with Blueshield, same plan, so nothing to do aside from paying my premium.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Did your Blueshield premium go up?

For me, they are about $100 more than Anthem for the Bronze PPO HSA.

EDIT: That is, BlueShield is $100 more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom