Anyone hear from Whitestick/DLHansen?

shoe

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering if anyone knows how either of the guys is doing. Seems like a while since we have heard from them.:blush:

Thank you Wahoo. Sure hope they are well.

Thanks for asking, I indeed have just gotten back to checking in on occasion. Let me give the shortened version of the update.
Lots of good news: DW went through her operation which "only" turned out to be about 8 hours long, and while no research has been successfully done on removing the asbestoes from her body, the current batch of tumors were all removed, and thermo-chemo washed, and the surgeon was pleased with the results. I got a bit frustrated with him when I was trying to explore what the future might hold, and how to know what and how she would be progressing, and although he is the expert, he says he doesn't know. So DW has returned to the gym, doing some exercise, feeling better, and checking out the internet to see if there are support groups (apparently there are none). All in all, she is feeling about 90-95% of her former self. She still gets frustrated because she needs naps now, and she wants to go back to cramming 18 hours of activity in a 10 hour day.
I have been through round 1 of chemo, and all of the radiation, need to go back for the final round of chemo, but was waiting to get health insurance converted over and get it in force again. Actually it remains in force, just changing carriers, and therefore needed new cards to give the chemo guys, so I didn't have to pay out of pocket. I'm about back to 80% and struggling to keep up with DW, which is my normal mode of operation.
I've taken up a new hobby, playing tournament Texas hold-em poker, at the local bars, and that has taken up a lot of my time. Fortunately the entry if free (you just by your food and drinks), but I haven't won more then points and maybe $75 so far, so it has been fun to play and try and get better. Also gives me something to do, while DW is watching TV in the evenings, so it works out for both of us.
It does however, keep me away from the forum a lot, so I'll try and check in more often.
Bottom line "everyone raise your glass in a toast to the future, and getting better and better" Salute!

ps Oh and thanks for all the messages of support and good cheer. It really helped in getting through these trying times.
Thanks for good friends.
Whitestick

Thanks for posting and update, Whitestick. It's good to hear that both of you are feeling better. Hope the final round of chemo is over soon.

Continued thoughts and prayers for you both.

Thank you for the update. I thought about you the other day, and wondered how your treatment was progressing. You are an inspiration to others struggling with health issues.

Back
Top Bottom