Has anyone tried the True Back?

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone tried the True Back I just saw advertised at the top of the screen?

I googled it. Interesting, maybe they read one of my old posts. j/k

It's apparently to give traction for the back. Just the thing for me but I just use some simple traction exercises from the doctor and lots of meds. I think for my condition, it's useful to keep the muscles in shape and pay attention to good posture.

About 21 years ago I was diagnosed as having a slipped disc which was obviously the result of years of weight lifting.

I don't believe any Dr would give a diagnosis of a slipped disc as it doesn't exist as a medical term.

However, it may well give relief, I don't really know. After years of PT, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and hanging myself upside down, I ended up having back surgery for a herniated, fragmented disc 19 years ago. Afterwards I went to "back school" as part of the post op treatment and changed many of my day to day habits which I believe are more important than anything else.

For example I never sit for more than 30 minutes at work without getting up and walking around. I exercise regularly, stretching the joints, do yoga and Pilates etc.

A few years after my back surgery I had really bad neck pain and the same surgeon who did my lower back (L4/5) gave me a contraption to stretch the neck vertebrae. It looked just as weird as other "wonder" devices advertised to ease back pain, but it worked brilliantly and after a year or 2 of use I again had taught myself proper posture to avoid producing the pain and eventually I gave away the contraption to a friend suffering from the same condition.

In conclusion, I don't really know, but I did have something similar - a shaped hard device that my chiropractor had me use that I had to lie on in an evening, and it was a similar shape to True Back. It did used to provide relief, but only temporary.

YMMV. Good luck, I know how awful lower back pain is.

Back
Top Bottom