Health Insurance Bill and Preventative Coverage

oliverdickens

Recycles dryer sheets
I know the bill that is suppose to pass this weekend is far from final even if is does pass, but does anyone know about the following:

My understanding that upon passage into law, that all insurance companies will be mandated to provide preventative care.

My company does provide retirees an option for that, but it costs $1000 more per month. That is not a typo, it is $1000 more than the highest deductable plan and is the only option that offers preventative care

My question: What will stop insurance companies from just raising the premiums or just drop any option offers forcing one to either pay the $1000 more per month, or in my case, force me to drop the coverage as it would not be affordable?

Seems that it would be the first response on that mandate.

The insurance is a self insured plan, but seems very feasible.

Appreciate the thoughts on this one

Can't answer your specific question, but I am certain there will be tremendous unintended consequences from any bill that is passed. Especially as this bill appears to have been hastily cobbled together...

That's interesting, seeing as Medicare will not pay for an annual physical. That would seem to be the basis of preventive care.

Back
Top Bottom